Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwethaYour feedback matters!
My hair falls out more than 100 strands each time I comb. Also I have dandruff issues. I wash my hair after every 2 days with exizol shampoo and I do not apply oil as my doctor suggested me not to. Even after washing with it flakes are visible on my shoulders.
I am a 25 years old girl, 70℅ of my hairs have gone grey. I have tried everything from oils to shampoos, but nothing happened. Please please provide me a solution and also treatment of grey hair.
I have many spots on my face its looks very ugly n I have an habit or smoking n drinking what should I do?
Actually I Drink Lots of water in a Day but I Can not loose my body weight, Or pimples on my face, pimple left dar spots and scars ,what can I do. I can't use any medicated or any other company things so please suggest me.
Hi sir am Varinder singh. I have some small problem. How clean the pimples in my face. Please send the answer.
Scabies is an infection of the skin that is caused by an incredibly tiny mite ‘Sarcoptes scabiei’. They thrive on the surface of the epidermis and can survive up to two months. The outward symptoms include itchy, blister-like hives on the surface of the skin.
It is tremendously infectious and can easily be passed from one individual to another via skin contact. Usage of bedding or clothing that is infested may easily cause the mites to infect one.
- Soles of the feet
- Arsenic album: This medication is used when the eruptions emerge on the knees. Eruptions are the numerous dry small pustules which are accompanied by a very strong burning and itching sensation.
- Carbo veg: This is administered when the condition has a parched appearance almost all over the body, particularly bad on the extremities. The itching sensation gets worse at night or after undressing.
- Hepar Sulph and Sepia: It is used when the rashes develop near the folds of the skin. The flare-ups are usually hard and ooze pus. Another situation that warrants the usage of this medicine is when the patient becomes extremely uncomfortable in cold environments.
- Sulphur: The use of sulphur comes as an ultimate resort to curing this problem. It is the absolute remedy for persistent, neglected, stubborn, underlying cases of scabies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I have a dark circle marks around my lips. It is too annoying. Please suggests me how to get rid of it.
Actually due has skin problem. She is suffering since last one year. Her skin is oily and sensitive. No medicine suits her. She doesn't take junk food due to her skin problem such as pimples nd acne. She took treatment also but no matter. So please give her best solution. Thank you.
I have lots of pimple. In entire face. I m tired for ig. Im yojng envry boy. Please doctor hell me otherwise. Im die ev have hello kaay ni cho be.
Many Indians are crazy about fair skin and go to extreme lengths to achieve and maintain a fair complexion. The media bombards you daily with very catchy advertisements of creams, lotions, sunscreens and other unscientific products that claim to make your skin fairer. Do you know that your skin colour is darker for very good evolutionary and biological reasons and that medically speaking, it is good that you do not have very fair skin?
Darker skin is adapted to sunlight and has increased quantity of a pigment called melanin. The more melanin you have, the darker your skin. And the safer you are! Melanin along with other factors, acts as a “natural umbrella” and prevents harmful radiation from entering your skin. These are just some of the reasons why black skin is safe and beautiful:
- You are less prone to sunburns: White skinned individuals often get painful, carrot-red or tomato-red inflamed sunburns on exposure to sunlight. Some individuals also get blistering sunburns requiring aggressive medical treatment to control the reaction. Your darker skin allows you to spend much longer time on the beach and you probably have never ever experienced any blister due to sunlight.
- You do not experience photo-ageing: Fine and deep wrinkles, broken blood vessels on the nose and cheeks, freckles, age spots and rough scaly spots called keratosis are commonly seen in white skinned individuals with long term sun exposure. These set of changes are called photo-aging. Because of natural sun protection, your Indian skin remains has less wrinkles and is smoother, even when exposed to the same amount of sunlight.
- You are less prone to skin cancers: Without melanin, you can imagine white skin as a transparent covering, which allows harmful UV light to penetrate through into the lower layers of the skin. This radiation causes damage to the DNA and a few cells may mutate to cause skin cancers, some of which are deadly. You are lucky that your “natural umbrella” blocks UV light effectively and cells in different layers of the skin suffer much less damage compared to white-skinned individuals. However, don’t forget to see a dermatologist in case you see any new bump, or in case you see any change in(a)symmetry, border, color, diameter or evolution (ABCDE) of any existing moleon your skin.
However, on the flip side, since your skin is effective in shielding you from sunlight, you are also prone to Vitamin D deficiency. Sunlight is required for the production of Vitamin D and darker skinned individuals are more prone to this deficiency. Talk to your dermatologist about this possibility.
Sunscreens were developed to protect against sunburns and skin cancers and you probably do not need them as a routine, unless you work outdoors, on beaches or on mountains. Stay away from skin brightening creams, since many of them contain compounds which permanently damage your skin and organs. Make it a point to consult your dermatologist before putting any medication on your skin. Be proud and be happy that you have dark Indian skin.