Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Swati ThanawalaYour feedback matters!
I have a problem that I loss my eye sight in minus (-1.25). And another problem is that the eyes are remain hot when I m in outside. I feeling uncomfortable. I can't open my eyes properly in some time. Water is out from my eyes. I use also glasses. please tell me what eye drop I should use for cool down my eyes. And improve my vision.
Hi ,I am 45 years and now my near eye vision is not clear .doctor say I have presbyopia. Also my far vision is poor - 4.00 in both eyes for which I am wearing contact lenses. Pls suggest what to do to avoid wearing a specs or glasses n still my both near n far vision are clear.
I am 21 years old girl. Studying. I have a vision problem. Its difficult to see things which are far from. Me. I don, t want spectacles. So please tell me what should I do.
Can we cure our eyes, as I m having -ve 5 as power of specs. If there could be any way apart from using lenses or operation.
Okay so I have a showcase coming up and Im not really a person to get nervous over performing but lately I've been feeling shaky, i've been trembling alot, double vision, my heartbeat is really fast even though i'll be enjoying a book not really doing anything strenuous. Is there something medically wrong with me or is this all in my head?
Undergone lasik surgery. Too much glare coming in eyes .please recommend me any medicine. I do not wanna undergo surgery again. I am using genteal gel now.
I have extreme high myopia and astimagtism I am from India. Recently my power changes and now my eye glass power is - 18D and - 17 D in right and left eye respectively. My power is not stable but my vision ratio is 6/9 in both eyes. My age is 20. Sir I want to know is there any type of surgery available for my condition because its very difficult to find any glass according to my prescription in market. please help me I am very depressed.
Good nigh! I am ramin and I am 21 years old. Question: the darkness around my eyes has increased can you please tell me what is the causes of it and how to treat this. Thanks and regards! Ramin.
Sir while I'm reading the book's my eyes are paining. Sir can you give me a suggestion how to overcome it and improve my eye sight.
My eye is week. But water in come my eye from someday when I am going travel and see tv. I am also wearing eyeglass so what can I do?
I have red eyes over three days. What should I do? And also I have fever. I'm not getting out of this. Please suggest me that what should I do so I can recover my self as soon as possible. And I have allergies with liquid medicines so suggest me only tablets. Waiting for your reply. Thank you!
Whenever I uses my phone water starts coming out of eyes and itching is occurred and not able to open my eyes nowadays I have seen an add of eye drop spa maybe use it.
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"