Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swati Sanjeev Petkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swati Sanjeev PetkarYour feedback matters!
I got married two months ago. I read that intercourse must be done from 12 to 14 days of menstrual cycle to get pregnant. But I have doubt that how to calculate that 14 days? whether count from the date I got my period or whether the day my bleeding stopped.(i got my period on 28 march)
Ayurveda is an ancient healing technique that is very effective for today's lifestyle ailments. For many people, low back ache can be troublesome. While strong pills and capsules may give you temporary relief, they do not address the core issue and have a number of side effects. Ayurveda on the other hand, addresses the trigger and has no side effects.
Intrigued! Take a look at these Ayurvedic techniques to cure low back pain:
- Cut out on spices: We may think it unrelated, but low back pain is often accompanied by indigestion. Spinal cord nerves connect to back muscles and digestive organs. Hence, a small change in your diet can have a great impact on your health. Spicy food aggravates the digestive system and has a drying effect on the body. By cutting back on spices and oil, the digestive system can work better and there will be less stress on the nerves connecting the spinal cord and back muscles and thus result in lesser back aches.
- Warm your body: According to Ayurveda, back pains are caused by an increase in vata dosha or the amount of air and ether elements in the body. Warming the body can help lower these levels. Apply a heat pack to the back as a way of keeping the external body surface warm. Additionally, add warm food to your diet. This opens out any blockages in your digestive system and in turn reduces low back pain.
- Padahastasana: Ayurveda is very closely linked to yoga. Padahastasana is a yoga asana which addresses lower back pain by opening up the digestive channels and allowing the vata dosha to flow easily through the body. To practice this asana, stand with your legs together and lift your arms straight above your head while inhaling. As you exhale, bend forward from the hips while keeping your back and legs straight. Try and touch your toes. Hold the position for as long as possible and come back to the starting position while inhaling.
- Anuloma Viloma: Anuloma Viloma is a breathing exercise that balances the vata dosha. This is a technique that involves breathing from alternate nostrils. To begin, close the right nostril with your thumb and inhale through the left nostril. Close both nostrils and hold your breath for a few seconds. Then, release through the left nostril. Repeat this process, starting from the left nostril.
- Bishop's weed seed tea: Tea made from the seeds of Bishop's weed is can provide instant pain relief from low back pains. This is suitable for men and women of all ages except those with heart problems.
The core principle of Ayurveda is to listen to your body's messages. These techniques will help you become more tuned to your body's needs and keep you free from back aches.
My wife taking 800 mg misoprostol but she don't get bleeding and take 200 mg mifepristone please suggest the right dose.
Good night I went to the lab yesterday had a HSG test done everything was good no blockage. But I don't know when I am ovulating and I am trying to become pregnant.
Meri pregnancy ka 5th month chal raha hai or mere pet ke niche kavi kavi bahut dard hota hai iska kya reason hai.
Sir please tell me agr 3 mhine ka fetous ho aur pregnant lady ko agr mtp di gyi ho uske bad bhi abortion nhi hua ho to kya fetus ki death ho jayegi.
Hi actually maine ye puchna tha agar first baby surgeon hua ho to 6 years ke baad normal hone ke chances hote hai ya nhi.
Everyone wants a slim suave figure and heads to a gym to work out and get trim. Fitness has its own share of myths and misconceptions
Almost everyone heads to a gym these days. If the guys want six pack abs the girls want well toned hips and thighs. Working out is good but there are several myths and misconceptions which shroud fitness. Dr. Earnest vijay, fitness director, o2 health studio dispels some of these myths.
Doing crunches helps to get six pack abs
This is not true. Men do crunches for abs and women do for well toned hips and thighs. The truth is that crunches only work on the muscles and not on the fat. If you see a surya or a hrithik roshan with six pack abs remember they haven’t had a sip of water for over 24 hours to get that look! so crunches alone don’t help to get six packs.
Spot reduction- does it work?
People come to the gym saying they want spot reduction. They want to lose weight only on the arms not on the face, only on the face not on the cheeks etc. The truth is that you cannot choose and loose in exercise. Fat loss is an overall phenomenon is exercise and also based on genetics. We say what is the first to come is the last to go! so spot reduction doesn’t work for sure!
Crash dieting- how effective?
People follow crash diets and they do loose weight but it piles back in no time. These crash diets have no proper balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Most of them are high in protein and are un healthy because they don’t give the body the required minerals. It is important to consult a dietician and take the recommended dietaty allowances according to the body weight and it should be a plan that can be followed for a life time.
Yo yo effect
There is a huge misconception that you lose weight when you are exercising in the gym and when you stop gymming you gain back double the weight. This is not true. You won’t gain more if you maintain a certain level of physical activity even outside the gym and also continue to follow the diet. It is only when you don’t burn the calories you consume it gets stored as fat and tend to put on weight.
Weight training builds muscles
Many women don’t do weight training because they think they will build up muscles. The truth is that women have no hormones which can cause muscles to build up. Weight training actually helps to strengthen bones and prevent osteoporosis in women.
Do you need supplements?
Proteins and fat burners are not required if you are eating healthy and working out well. The recommended protein requirement is 1 gram of protein per kg body weight per day and this we get from our diet itself. Fat burners cause adverse effects to the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
Don’t take water while working out?
Water is needed before, during and after exercise. The best is to weight yourself before the work out and after the work out and consume as much water as the weight you have lost during the work out. It is important to remain well hydrated to prevent cramps, heat strokes and it helps you perform better in the gym.
Fitness involves a cardio vascular fitness, muscle strengthening, flexibility and body composition and there is a specific exercise for all. Yoga helps only the flexibility, stress and improves the breathing capacity. One needs to do specific exercises for specific goals and yoga alone may not help for weight loss.
Exercise causes over eating
Moderately intense exercise does not cause over eating. This means you don’t go out of breath while exercise. Only people who over do it, get completely breathless end up over eating after exerciseing.
Skipping meals- does it help?
It is said that those who skip breakfast to lose weight usually end up eating 100 calories more than required for lunch. It is important to break meals into 5 portions and have balanced quantities of carbohydrates, proteins and fats in them. A well balanced meal is important to keep the body healthy.
So all you fitness freaks out there…. Make sure you eat healthy, exercise well, don’t believe in myths that misguide you! a simple work out, a healthy diet and a positive frame of mind can all get you to the figure you always dreamt of!