Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swarupa IyerYour feedback matters!
How to maintain the cleanness of private part of female any wash can be suggested to keep it odourless and clean.
I am 11 weeks pregnant now. My history was; hyperptolatemia, pcod and one time miscarry. Now my scan report is normal. HR also normal. Now am getting leg pain, sometimes getting abdominal pain and since three days am getting headache also. Why am getting headache? Is there any problem with me?
Hello sir/madam Me and my wife are trying to conceive for the last 4-5 months without any success so far. On the prescription of my wife's gynecologist We did a full body checkup of my wife and my sperm test, while all her blood, thyroid, and other checkups came normal, my sperm test was below average. She was a gynecologist so she only gave me basic advice and asked me to see a urologist but I'm afraid of the ongoing fraudulent behaviour of some of the doctors these days who want to admit you and give you expensive treatments whether you need them or not. My sperm test results were as follows Sperm qty: 1.5 Ml Appearance : milky white Transparency : translucent Viscosity : increased Liquefaction time : 30 min Abstinence : 6 days Sperm count : 80 million/ml Viability : 75% or more Motility at 37* C A. Rapid Linear progressive : 20% Grade IV & III B. Sluggish Linear Progressive : 10% Grade II C. Non Progressive : 40% Grade I D. Non Motile : Dead 30% Abnormal sperm 6% Pin heads 1% Bent neck 02% Double heads 03% Rest all abnormalities were 0% Cellular elements: Epithelial cells 1-2 PHF All other cells were nil Other finding Granular debris : Nil Agglutination of sperm : Nil Crystals : Nil I do not drink or smoke I used to take hukka once in a while which also I have stopped 5-6 months ago. I have asthma and I'm insomniac I usually get 4-5 hours of sleep a night. I was taking finpecia (finasteride 1%) to treat my male pattern hair loss for last 8 years but I have quit it 6 months ago as I read on web that it can reduce male fertility. Am I biologically fit to be a father ? If not then what are the treatment options to increase my semen quality. And otherwise is IVF or other medical pregnancy options are applicable for me. Can they guarantee a pregnancy. What is approx cost of these treatments. help me please
My wife age is 30 years & she is 5.5 month pregnant and it is her second pregnancy, since from 3 day's she is feeling tightly feel in her abdomen. And she doesn't like to eat any kind of food. And having severe lowback pain. What is problem. please reply me at the earliest.
After pregnancy I have heavy bleeding and after 40 days I also spotting in ultrasound its appear multiple polycyst what treatment I take please advise. I also breast feeding my baby.
We had sex. Unprotected for one or two shots. I didn't ejaculated inside her. The next day we had protected sex. Using condoms. The very next day she had periods. Could she be pregnant? I'm worried. We are not ready for a baby now.
I had sex with my girlfriend on first day of periods with condoms. Can it leads to pregnancy and regular using of condoms can it lead any problem in future like not having pregnancy to girlfriend and any problem to me.
Should I take unwanted 72 during periods after doing sex even though I am having doubt sperms enters in Virginia.
Why does it hurt during sex?
Painful intercourse can occur for a number of reasons – ranging from structural problems to psychological concerns. Women experience painful intercourse atleast once in their entire lifetime. The medical term for painful intercourse is dyspareunia. It is a persistent or recurrent genital pain that occurs just before, during or after intercourse. Physical causes of painful intercourse differ, depending on whether the pain occurs at entry or with deep thrusting. Also, certain emotional factors can also be probable causes of painful sex.
Pain during penetration may be associated with a range of factors:
1. Insufficient lubrication
Insufficient lubrication is caused by a drop in estrogen levels after menopause, after child birth or during breast feeding. Certain medications inhibit desire or arousal, decreasing lubrication and making sex painful. These include antidepressants, high blood pressure medications, sedatives and certain birth control pills.
2. Injury, trauma or irritation
This can be injury from an accident, pelvic surgery, female circumcision or cut made during childbirth.
3. Infection or skin disorder
Infection in the genital area or urinary tract can cause painful intercourse. Eczema or other skin problems in the genital area can also cause problem.
1. Certain illness and condition
These include endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, uterine prolapse, retroverted uterus, cystitis, hemorrhoids and ovarian cysts.
2. Surgeries or medical treatment
Scarring from pelvic surgery can sometimes cause painful intercourse. Medical treatments for cancer, like radiation and chemotherapy can cause changes that make sex painful.
1. Psychological problems
Anxiety, depression, concerns about physical appearance, fear of intimacy can contribute to a low level of arousal, resulting in discomfort or pain during sexual activity.
2. Stress and tension
You may have a million things to worry about in a day, but taking that tension to bed with you can lead to painful sex. Your pelvic floor muscle tightens in response to stress in your life. This can contribute to pain during intercourse.
3. History of sexual abuse
If you've had a history of some form of sexual abuse or are scared of sex, pain during intercourse because of your past experience(s) may be a possible cause for an unpleasant sexual experience in the present.
My wife facing menstrual problem since past 3 years we were treating her with several doctor but negative result please advise how to stop her heavy flow.
I need to know about the precautions which I should take to plan a baby. I am planning for a baby n last month I had symptoms like Breast tenderness, drakning of aerholes, n cramps in my lower abdomen but I had my periods after 26 days of my last period n it was on 30 Jan. Now this month I had UTI took medication for it this month I am having morning sickness from two days m confused it's a symptom of pregnancy or anything else. Please solve my problem.
Hi. I am 23 year female. I had a laparoscopic surgery for the removal of a paraovarian cyst. The surgeon only removed the cyst. The cyst was sent for histopathology. I am very scared. Please tell me what is histopathology and it's use? Can the cyst will be malignant. Please help.
Me and my gf were kinda making out today. I had this precum comes. Later I wiped ot off and put the penis slightly in thr vagina. Suddenly she felt uncomfy so took it out. It was in for 4-5 sec. Is it possible tat she can get pregnant?
Here are 10 yoga poses that must be practiced daily.
1) Downward facing dog (Adho Mukha Shvanasana) - A top-notch upper body strengthener, this pose helps in strengthening hamstrings, calves and thighs. Since your hips are higher than your heart in this pose, it increases blood circulation.
2) Butterfly pose (Baddhakonasana) - Best asana for pregnant women, it helps in smooth delivery. Butterfly asana should be practiced preferably after first trimester. Practice daily for healthy reproductive system, curing menstruation problem, improved flexibility in the groin and in the hip region.
3) Plank pose (Chaturanga Dandasana) - Plank pose is the simplest yet most effective to help strengthen your arms, back, shoulders, core, quadriceps.
4) Warrior pose (Virabhadrasana) - This pose will help you attain long, lean, toned arms and legs by stretching hips, inner thighs, chest. It strengthens quadriceps, abdomen, shoulders and builds a firmer core.
5) Boat pose (Naukasan) - If you want to strengthen your core and quadriceps, this pose will give you maximum results.
6) Tree pose (Vrikshasana) - The tree pose stretches hips, inner thighs, legs, spine, core. It also helps you stay calm and attain positive frame of mind.
7) Child’s pose (Balasana) - The pose is great for pelvic region. It opens hips and relieves tightness in the lower back. It stretches hips, quads and back.
8) Bridge pose (Setu Bandhasana) - Bridge pose is excellent for stretching front part of the body. It opens up the chest and ribcage that helps more oxygen to flow in your body. Builds strong hamstrings and glutes.
9) Bow Pose (Dhanurasana) - The bow pose eases menstruation disorders. It is very effective in weight loss, digestion and fixes appetite. Gastrointestinal problems would no longer remain a worry.
10) Garland pose (Malasana) - The pose strengthens pelvic muscles, stretches lower back, groin, hips, ankles. This lower squat pose will help you relieve constipation and cramps.
My father is having shrinkage in Lt. Kidney and irregular in outline. What precautions and diet is suggested.
When you run your hands over the soles of your feet, the surface should be smooth to touch. However, sometimes, the surface may not be so smooth. Piezogenic pedal papules are papules on the medial, posterior or lateral aspects of both heels and result from herniation of fat. These papules are usually asymptomatic and can range from a size of 2mm to 10mm. In some cases, they can be a little painful. This is seen commonly in large lesions. They become apparent when the patient stands with his full weight on his feet and disappear or shrink when the weight is removed. Piezogenic papules can also occur on the wrists. This is a fairly common condition that affects women more than men. Piezogenic pedal papules can occur at any age including infancy.
There is no known cause for the herniation of fat that causes this condition. However, there are a few factors that could increase your risk of suffering from this condition. These factors are:
- Orthopedic problems
- Flat feet
- Collagen disorders such as EDS
- Jobs which entail standing for long hours
- Excessive weight bearing
This condition can also affect newborn babies with no predisposition. The diagnosis of this condition is often confused with infantile pedal papules, xanthoma and tophi. Since they are prominently visible only when pressure is applied, it is essential for a doctor to physically examine the patient while he or she is standing. This condition does not affect the health of a person and is largely only a cosmetic issue. Thus treatment is not usually necessary but some of the things you could do to relieve the discomfort are:
- In cases where Ehlers-Danlos syndrome triggers the condition, patients may be recommended betamethasone and bupivacaine injections. These injections need to be administered repeatedly for complete pain relief.
- Orthotic soles or custom made inserts for shoes can help relieve the pain and distribute pressure equally.
- Heel taping
- Compression stockings
- Avoid excessive or prolonged weight bearing
- Avoid standing for extended periods and try not to run too much
- Rest the feet and keep them elevated to help alleviate the symptoms
- Lose weight if you are on the heavier side
- Electro acupuncture
Piezogenic pedal papules are benign and are no reason to worry. If they begin to affect the quality of your life, you could consult a podiatrist.