Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Suriya Kiran WaghannaYour feedback matters!
Dry skin occurs when your skin lacks the necessary moisture it requires. It tends to make your skin flaky, itchy and sometimes causing red patches especially on your legs, back, arms, or waist. These are the areas we usually forget to moisturize and we tend to concentrate more on our face and hands. Dry skin is usually the result of frequent bathing, use of soaps which are harsh for your skin. Scratching an itchy patch too much will eventually draw blood and might even result in a permanent scar.
However, there are lots of remedies for dry skin, which will help you restore the natural oils of your skin and make your skin glow:
- A hot water bath is a strict no for your dry skin: Hot showers tend to remove your body of its natural oil, which is essential to keep your skin moisturized and smooth. A warm shower should last no longer than 5 to 10 minutes. Afterwards, gently pat your skin dry with a towel and immediately slather on the moisturizer.
- Do not use harsh soaps: Wash your body with a soapless cleanser when you take a bath. Skin care experts recommend a cleanser that contains ceramides. Ceramides are fatty molecules that help the skin to hold moisture.
- Use sunscreen with good SPF: One of the main causes of dry and itchy skin is sun damage. To prevent sun damage, use of sunscreen with a good amount of SPF is essential for your skin. If you're planning to stay out in the sun for more than 15 minutes, make sure you use a sunscreen with SPF 30. There are many moisturizers which have a good amount of SPF.
- Moisturize your skin daily: Use moisturizers, which contain ceramides, shea butter and glycerin. Moisturizing your skin daily can easily prevent dry skin. Apply a good moisturizer immediately after taking a shower to trap in the moisture.
- Use a face mask: A honey and oatmeal face mask can be used as an exfoliating scrub. Mix together 2 tablespoons of oats with a tablespoon of honey. Spread the mask over your face, keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Hello everyone I'll be really glad if any doctor can help me out I EF to indeed me height and weight Thanks.
I have a problem that my gets over heated means my body temperature is high all the time, to other people it seems that I am in fever. So please tell me the solution hws the temperature reduced to normal.
Generally ppl says eating banana will increase sugar levels for diabetic. Is it true but I like and feel this will not harm and I feel more energetic. I have cervical spondlysis. So should I take two big bananas per day. A diabetic can eat jack fruit . Final question , I would like to take 120 ML of scotch wishy in one sitting twice in a week. Will it affect my health increase my sugar levels. Please tell me madam.
I am loosing my hair quickly and baldness is coming very fast. I have tried all medicines and also other treatments. Nothing is working for me. Please advise me the immediate solution and impact to my hair loss. Thanks.
How to regrow our hair and make them strong and silkier? How to stop them from being white or grey hair? Suggest any answer thank you :)
Radiology is a branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases using radiant energy. Radiology uses the imaging technology like ultrasound, x-ray radiography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), nuclear medicine. The imaging technology helps the doctor (or physician) to see within the human body and helps you get diagnosed and treated in a better way.
Radiology is also referred to as radioscopy or clinical radiology where the latter refers to the diagnosis and treatment of fatal injuries/diseases. Radiologist is a doctor who has specialized in radiology after completion of a formal medical course to become a certified doctor. Radiographer is in turn a technician who specializes in the physical operation of scans and machines like x-rays etc. You must be well aware that the Radiologist is a professional doctor but the Radiographer is just a technician.
The following are the various uses of radiology when it comes to monitor the activity of your heart:
- MRI: It is known as Magnetic Resonance Imaging and it makes use of the energy stored in your body’s hydrogen atoms. It uses highly advanced computer 2-D and 3-D images and no ionizing radiation is used in MRI. The activity with the heart can be precisely recorded by MRI scan.
- Nuclear medicine: It involves giving your body a small tracker or a radioactive material which records the radiation coming from your body using special cameras like gamma cameras or PET. It can measure the complexity of your heart disease.
- Fluoroscopy: It helps to give real time visualization of the body by using x-rays that allow the doctor to efficiently monitor the body part, joint and bones as well as the activity that pertains to the heart.
- Ultrasound: It is a test which uses high frequency sound waves to form an image within the insides of any human organ like blood vessels or the heart. Many prefer this form of imaging test which uses sound waves instead of radiation and is considered less harmful.
- Computed Tomography: In this type of scan, a 3-D image is formed through several 2-D images taken at a single line of axis rotation. This test is useful as it gives detailed images of specific parts of the body like blood vessel, arteries, and soft tissues surrounding your heart.