Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Suraj BagadeYour feedback matters!
I have a problem of uvetis in my left eye since 2008. After use of prednisolone already cataract devloped anf operated but still vision is only 50%. Every time doctor prescribed omnacortil tab and prednisolone eye drop. But now irritation anf redness in eye is a daily matter. Is there any alternate method or latest medical care?
From two days onwards my eyes are full stained and gor paining. Can you suggest me how to get relax in short time?
I am not having any visual problem but still my eyes are yellowish since many years. I don't understand why is it so.
I am Anand and my age is 18 I had -2.0 site, I don't want to use my specs so is there any chance to decrease my eye site without operation.
When I read newspaper or use mobile letters not seen clearly when I rubbing eyes everything ok for some time.
Sir I m aashish jain my mother is have eye problem I go many doctor with her bt no one do better wth there eyes please give me proper ans. For my problem. My mobile no. Is 9461839091.
Dear doctor, my age 27, I have eyesight -2.75, without glasses I cannot see near computer words also. What can I do for improve eyesight.
Causes and Symptoms of Hypermetropia You Need to Know About
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications.
Related Tip: 4 Tips for a Great Eyesight