Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Supriya MahajanYour feedback matters!
I'm a 4 month baby's mom. My tummy seems to be sagging and I could feel skin below navel is like shrink. How to get back to normal tight skin. Please advice.
Outbreaks of zika virus infection, caused by an emerging mosquito-borne flavivirus, have occurred in Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific Islands; currently, there is an ongoing zika virus outbreak in the Americas. Zika virus is transmitted to humans via the bite of an infected aedes mosquito. This type of mosquito usually bites during the daytime and breeds in standing water.
Some people have potato toxicity misidentified as “I B S” ( Irritable Bowel Syndrome), as they both have common manifestations of the effects on the gut. Some cases of potato toxicity have even been diagnosed as Crohn’s disease.
When we try to conceive, my period pains is severe and period also comes late. But when we don't try that month my period is regular and not much painful. Generally my period is always regular and not much painful.
Hi, Last month humne baby ke liye plan kiya tha but main concieve nahi kar payi. Mere periods bhi irregular ha last month date of my period is 17 march 2016 or 10 april 2016 ko muje periods aa gye. Mujhe kya karna chahiye please help. Conceive na karne ka kya reason ho sakta hai.
My period time is 12 days miss .and my time is also on time but this time 12 days late I have do no sex.
Deficiency or loss of calcium and phosphorus in the bones among other minerals causes the bones to go weak. With passage of time, some people develop a bone condition where the bone mineral density (bmd) goes very low. This condition is called osteopenia and it is now a very common problem. When the bone density goes even below than what it is in osteopenia, then the person develops osteoporosis. Although it is not mandatory that whoever has osteopenia will end up with osteoporosis as well. Fact is, it is very difficult to notice the signs of osteopenia. Just like osteoporosis, it could be present in your body for years, before your find out that you got the problem. Although we call all weakness of bone as osteoporosis, weakness of bone due to deficiency of calcium and vitamin d are clinically called osteomalacia. To label it as osteoporosis, bone should be weak with a normal blood calcium and vitamin d levels.
The symptoms of osteopenia are:
1. Extreme pain when fracture: this condition doesn't cause any physical pain in normal life. The only time one will experience immense pain is, if there is a fracture in the bone. On the flipside, a lot of fractures occur because of osteoporosis.
2. Receding gums: this symptom is quite a surprise and one we don't usually imagine it to be. While receding gums could be the symptom for many problems, it is one of the symptoms of osteopenia.
3. Brittle nails: if you have weak and brittle fingernails, this is a direct indication of your bone health.
4. Shrinking with age: as we age, we tend to lose height. This happens to those with vertebral fractures and poor postures. In both the conditions, this could be a symptom of osteopenia.
5. Dehydration: in some very rare cases, extreme dehydration has been a silent cause. So if you are suffering from side effects of dehydration, keep a check on your bones too.
6. Pcos: irregular periods in women is also something that could be a symptom for many irregularities, but pcos can also lead to osteopenia as are eating disorder or over exercising.
Earliest symptoms of osteopenia is generalised tiredness, easy fatiguability and vague body or joint pain.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My haemoglobin, mcv, mch, haematocrit levels are low and rdw level is high. Do I have iron deficiency anemia. Also my eosinophils level is 1550/cumm. Do I also have hes.
Can i conceive early because i am getting small amount of milk from nipples. I got married 2 years back and now i am 24 years old, I had my last period on feb 12. Please suggest.
The uterus or womb, is a muscular structure and is held in place by ligaments and pelvic muscles. If these muscles or tendons become weak, they cause prolapse and are no longer able to hold the uterus in its place.
Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus falls or slips from its ordinary position and into the vagina or birth waterway. It could be complete prolapse or even incomplete at times. A fragmented prolapse happens when the uterus is just hanging into the vagina. A complete prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina. Likewise, as a lady ages and with a loss of the hormone estrogen, her uterus can drop into the vaginal canal. This condition is known as a prolapsed uterus.
Risks: The risks of this condition are many and have been enumerated as follows:
- Complicated delivery during pregnancy
- Weak pelvic muscle
- Loss of tissue after menopause and loss of common estrogen
- Expanded weight in the stomach area, for example, endless cough, constipation, pelvic tumors or accumulation of liquid in the guts
- Being overweight
- Obesity causing extra strain on the muscles
- Real surgery in the pelvic zone
Symptoms: Some of the most common symptoms of prolapse involve:
- Feeling of sitting on a ball
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Increase in discharge
- Problems while performing sexual intercourse
- Seeing the uterus coming out of the vagina
- A pulling or full feeling in the pelvis
- Bladder infections
Nonsurgical medications include:
- Losing weight and getting in shape to take stress off of pelvic structures
- Maintaining a distance from truly difficult work
- Doing Kegel workouts, which are pelvic floor practices that strengthen the vaginal muscles. This can be done at any time, even while sitting down at a desk.
- Taking estrogen treatment especially during menopause
- Wearing a pessary, which is a gadget embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up to settle the uterus and cervix
- Indulging in normal physical activity
Some specialists use the following methods to diagnose the problem:
- The specialist will examine you in standing position keeping in mind you are resting and request that you to cough or strain to build the weight in your abdomen.
- Particular conditions, for example, ureteral block because of complete prolapse, may require an intravenous pyelogram (IVP) or renal sonography. Color is infused into your vein, and an X-ray is used to view the flow of color through your urinary bladder.
- An ultrasound might be utilised to rule out any other existing pelvic issues. In this test, a wand is used on your stomach area or embedded into your vagina to create images of the internal organ with sound waves.
Ovigyn 5000 (hcg) injections are safe for foetus? for how many weeks of pregnancy these should be given?
I had sex till 17th of June my last period was on 1st June with regular 31 cycle. This month I didn't get my period and I check pregnancy test but it is negative. Is there any chance to get pregnant?
My wife is not getting so mood at the time of sex for few min she is on mood Tell me some medicine to keep her on mood for long time.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women, In general, a blood sample is collected to determine whether you're pregnant or not about 10-14 days after the eggs are retrieved.
Coming to the success of the procedure, a number of factors are at play and these are:
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process.