Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita R KarvandeYour feedback matters!
My mom is getting pains in the joints specially hand n back. Even if she does a little heavy work it's starts paining. Her age is abt 50 yrs. If she is under medications the pain goes away temporarily but as soon as the period for medications is over it start over again. Kindly suggest what need to be done.
I had unprotected sex on 17th and my last period was on 1st of june. I took ipill on 17th evening and on 29th june I got my period. Is it spotting or withdrawal bleeding or regular period? Will I be pregnant?
Dear sir, my wife is pregnant from last 15th week she is feeling pain in head slowly slowly from last 15 days in alternate days when she is take crocine tablet feel well for some hour and sometimes one and two days. Kindly provide me solutions what kind of action take from my side. I have go to neuro specialist or not.
A detox diet is a temporary food habit, which involves detoxifying your body without causing much stress. Detoxifying includes cleansing your body of toxins, bacteria, and viruses that build up inside it. It usually lasts for a few days, and a detox diet consists of foods that are easy to digest and low in fat and protein. These foods help liver function and increase your metabolism, which brings about the detoxification progress.
Some of the constituents of a detox diet are:
1) Drinking copious amounts of water - Water performs many bodily functions like regulating body temperature, hydrating the body, regulating bowel movements etc. One such vital function is flushing out toxins. The more water you drink, the more toxins get flushed out of your body. Drinking eight glasses of water each day is advisable. Plus, water also helps to control hunger.
2) Munch on fruits and vegetables - Replacing your daily diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in fiber, can help remove toxins. It also provides the body with necessary nutrients and antioxidants. Fruits rich in fiber are spinach, broccoli, avocado, blueberries, beans, artichoke and many others.
3) Eating oranges, lemons or limes - Citric acid helps to dissolve toxins within the body and increases and improves the functioning of the liver. Lemons contain the highest amounts of citric acid and eating them on a daily basis can be highly beneficial.
4) Drinking herbal tea - Herbal tea, which is a huge source of antioxidants and water, helps to flush toxins out of the body. Green tea is a good example of this and is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties as well.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 5 Quick-fix Detox Drinks That Will Do Damage Control
Sit at the dinner table, and you'd find yourself invariably extending your hand to the glass of water on the side of your plate. While you may think it's absolutely necessary to have a glass of water during your meals, the truth is this habit of yours might be damaging your health. Read on to find out how.
1. It Dilutes your Gastric Juices - When the digestive acids (acids responsible for the digestion and breakdown of food as well as for killing infectious agents ingested with food) present in your stomach are diluted with water, they bring about a slowdown in the functioning of your entire digestive system. This slowdown results in food remaining lodged in your stomach for a longer period than normal, thereby causing indigestion.
Additionally, the reaction caused by the dilution of water and stomach acids can give rise to cramps in your tummy.
2. It Reduces the Saliva in your Mouth - The same thing that happens to the acids in your stomach, happens to your saliva as well. Water dilutes the saliva, which stops the breakdown of food in your mouth. Also, your saliva is responsible for stimulating your stomach to release digestive enzymes and prepare itself for the process of digestion. By drinking water with your meals, such signals sent by your saliva to your stomach become much weaker. All these together can make digestion very difficult.
3. It Causes Acidity - Studies show that drinking water with your meals not only leads to the dilution of digestive enzymes, but also brings about a reduction in the secretion of digestive enzymes. This causes the undigested food in your stomach to leak into the lower part of your oesophagus (food pipe), causing acidity and heart burn.
4. It increases insulin Production - Sipping on water in the middle of lunch (or any other meal for that matter) causes a spike in your insulin levels just as glycaemic foods (foods with high starch or sugar content such as honey, potatoes, white bread, rice to name a few) would. When your body is unable to digest food properly, it usually tends to convert the glucose filled part of that food into fat and stores it, reason why your blood sugar levels see an upsurge.
5. It Adds to your Weight - Since drinking water causes an increase in insulin levels in your body (as the food you eat is converted to fat), it can result in the piling of extra weight on your body. This is because a weak digestive system is one of the major causes behind obesity.
Try having your meals with less salt and drink water 30 minutes before each meal to control your thirst when you're eating. This can help you in controlling the negative effects that drinking water with your meals can have on your health.
Make a wise choice and stay healthy. Feel free to ask me more questions you might have.
These nuts are exceptionally a dense powerhouse of essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that will aid the body in muscle growth and staying slim. Eating these nuts can lead to more energy and stronger muscles. 1/3 cup of almonds delivers 271 calories, 10 g of protein, 10 g of carbs and 23g of fat.
Turkey breast is absolutely great for bulking up your overall muscle growth. It is high on protein, low fat and slightly higher in cholesterol than most lean meats and fish. One serving of Turkey breast delivers 34 calories, 14% fat, 16% carbs and 70% proteins.
Adding lean cuts of red meat to your diet is an excellent way to help muscle growth. Red meat is also a rich source of dietary iron that helps maximize athletic performance.
Eggs are convenient food that is fast and easy to cook. To stay really fit and healthy, it is best eating the egg whites and occasionally the yolk. The protein in eggs has the highest value. Calorie for calorie is what you actually need for muscle growth. Eggs are rich sources of vitamins and minerals. They are packed with riboflavin, vitamins B6, B12, D and E, iron, phosphorus and zinc.
Spinach is a well known green vegetable that is rich various vitamins and nutrients such as calcium and iron. New research says that nitrates from vegetables like spinach make muscles stronger.
Yogurt is the perfect combination of protein and carbohydrates that is extremely good for exercise recovery and muscle growth. Studies have shown that yogurt in one of the few foods that has conjugated linoleic acid, a special type of fat that aid to reduce body fat.
Quinoa is a typical high protein grain which is not a rice or couscous. It can be sweet and savory; has a nutty texture and rich flavor. It is one of the best additions to your daily diet especially for boys who are trying to build lean muscle using natural ingredients. This protein is made up of all 9 essential amino acids which means it’s a complete protein that will help build and repair your muscles. It contains only 3 grams of fat for ¼ cup serving and is cholesterol and gluten free.
Oatmeal is an excellent carbohydrate diet that packs in an abundance of fiber and carbs which is ideal for the diet of bodybuilders. While protein is definitely the most important, carbohydrates and fats too play a vital role in muscle building process.
When it comes to muscle growth, fish really tops the list especially Salmon is a protein powerhouse yielding around 25 grams of protein per 100 gram serving. It is also amazing loaded with omega 3 fatty acids and heart healthy monounsaturated fats. Salmon is an excellent source of vitamin D.
Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans are another great food for muscle growth. They are excellent choice to be included in your diet as they contain carbohydrates and loaded with fiber. You can eat them boiled or cook to make a yummy hummus.
You could also include other foods like berries, flax seeds, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, oranges, apples etc in your diet that aid in muscle building.
Since time immemorial, Ayurveda has been used for treating various ailments including injuries such as wounds and cuts. Medical treatments have made immense advancement in the past few decades, but the age-old Ayurvedic treatments for wounds and cuts have still not gone out of practice.
One of the biggest benefits of Ayurvedic medication is that they don’t have any side effects. Ayurveda is the best options available when you want natural treatments of your wounds and cuts.
Let’s have a look at some of the best known Ayurvedic treatments available for you.
- Turmeric: Turmeric powder is one of the most popular herbs that are used to heal injuries. It is best known for its antiseptic characteristics. If there is an inflammation, apply turmeric paste on the affected area for steady and quick recovery. Turmeric kills the bacteria and also ensures that the wounds heal faster.
- Tea Tree Oil: This is another great option for healing wounds and preventing infections. The antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic features of tea tree oil are well known and they are being used in other forms of medication as well. Crush a few tea tree leaves and apply it on the cut or you can apply tea tree oil for 4-5 times a day on the wound.
- Potatoes: These common vegetables have great healing capacity. Apply a mashed skin of a potato directly on the affected area and cover it with a soft and clean cloth. Keep it overnight and clean the area with salt water next morning to disinfect. This will sting a little but will ensure quick healing while being an antiseptic.
- Aloe Vera: You should grow this plant within your house on small pots as this has many medicinal properties. One them is being an antiseptic as well as a promoter of healing. Break open a leaf and you can apply the gel within it directly on the affected area of the skin.
- Coconut Oil: Apply coconut oil on the affected area and cover it up with a band-aid. Repeat the process twice or thrice a day and you would be astonished to see how quickly your bruises disappear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi doctor. Me and my girlfriend had sex 23 days ago. She missed her periods for one day. But we used condoms. Still we are worrying coz my girlfriend having only mild back pain for last 3 day on and off rather then than no symptoms what so ever. Coz she missed periods one day. We are getting afraid. Will it be a pregnancy. It's been 23 days we had sex using condoms. One mild pack pain on and off she's getting. Will this be a pregnancy or just our fear. Thank you.
I did sex one day before my periods date after sex my periods started first day it was normal but 2nd and 3rd day it was laser than every time. It is chance of pregnancy or any thing else.
My wife is 30 years old and we have two kids and my problem is she is not any more interested in sex is there any medicine or any way to get her in mood so she will respond me in same way which I do in my sex mood.
What r the symptoms of getting pregnant Is it imp. If we hv a sex n after tht we dnt get a periods on time or else some hormonal changes take place pls let me know as soon as possible I HV my intimacy on 7 dec. Till nw I dnt hv my periods n I get periods on tym Any symptoms which cn tll smthng. Is there anything.
Emergency is helpful in preventing pregnancies post unprotected sexual activity. It can be used in case of contraceptive failure, in case of sexual assault, incorrect use of contraceptives and unprotected sex.
Emergency contraception can be done by three methods. These are emergency contraceptive pills, combined oral contraceptive pills and copper intrauterine devices.
The copper IUD is considered to be one of the most effective forms of emergency contraception, when it is inserted within 5 days of unprotected sexual activity.
However, the emergency contraceptive pill regimen as per WHO is:
1 dose of levonorgestrel 1.5 mg, or 1 dose of ulipristal 30 mg, taken within 5 days (120 hours) of unprotected intercourse
The Yuzpe regimen which consists of 2 doses of combined oral contraceptive pills
What is Emergency Contraception?
Emergency contraception is usually referred to as the contraception which is used to prevent a pregnancy within the first 5 days after an unprotected sexual activity. It is used post failures of contraception, coerced unprotected sex, rape or misuse of contraception.
Emergency contraception is only effective in the first few days after an intercourse and before the egg has released from the ovary, and before there is fertilization between the egg and the sperm. The emergency contraception can do no harm to an interrupted pregnancy and a developing embryo.
Who needs emergency contraception?
Any girl or woman who is at her reproductive age might need an emergency contraception in case of an unprotected sexual intercourse.
- Breakage, slippage or displacement of barrier methods
- Three or more missed OCPills for more than 12 hours
- Missed Mini pill for more than 3 hours
- Missed Desoestrel pills for more than 12 hours
- DMPA injections taken more than 2 weeks late
- Miscalculated dates of last period and present ovulation side effects
These are meant only for emergency contraception and NOT AS A REGULAR CONTRACEPTIVE. It involves pumping of a hormone inside your body at levels which are 5 times higher than normal. hence excessive and unnecessary use may cause irregularity in the period cycles and an adverse effect on the menstrual health over a period of time. Ideally it should be taken under guided medical supervision.
In what situations should emergency contraception be used?
Emergency contraception can be used after a sexual intercourse. These include:
In case of no use of contraceptives
If it is a case of rape or coerced sex, where the woman was not protected
When there is a contraceptive failure, like
incorrect use or slippage
3 or more missed combined oral contraceptives, progestogen-only pill (minipill) taken more than 3 hours late, desogestrel-containing pill 12 hours or more, norethisterone enanthate (NET-EN) progestogen-only injection taken more than 2 weeks late
Delay in placing or dislodgement or early removal of the skin patch or the hormonal ring
Breaking, dislodgement, tearing or early removal of cervical cap or diaphragm
Failure of withdrawal that is ejaculation the external genitalia or vagina
The spermicide tablet failure
Miscalculating the periods, failure from using a barrier on the fertile days
Expulsion of an intrauterine contraceptive device (IUD)
Methods of Emergency Contraception:
There are three emergency contraception methods:
Copper-bearing intrauterine devices (IUDs)
Emergency contraception pills (ECPs)
Combined oral contraceptive pills or the Yuzpe method
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Mera period date se approx 1 weak ya usase jyada late ho ja raha h your bs 1 ya 2 din hi aa raha wo bhi sahi se nahi problem kya ho sakti h please suggest me Kya pregnent hone ka chance to nahi.
I had unprotected sex with my girl friend 2 days after her period, is any chance that she got pregnant. Is any safe time in a month to sex without protection if we don't want pregnancy. Please suggest me.
I have diabetes from last 1 year of my miscarriage but now I am 7 months pregnant n I am having half zoryl m1 per day is it safe for me n my baby but the day I am pregnant I check my diabetes in every 15 days n it comes 80 in morning an 122 after Lunch plz.
Sir or mam. Maine ek question kiya tha ki maine apki girlfriend k stomach par apna spirm giraya and spirm ki 1 2 boond uske vagina ko touch hui to kya isse pregnency k chances ho skte h.maine prega news kit se check kiya 3 days regular and result negative aaya. Because uske periods miss ho gaye the .but after long time uske periods aa gaye. Bus main ye janna chahta hu ki kya agar periods aa gaye h to kya ab bhi pregnency k koi chances ho sakte h? please suggest me sir or madam.
Sip your way toward better health with green tea, the most nutrient-packed types contain catechin and antioxidants that fight and might, even prevent cell damage.
Health Benefits of Green Tea are-
1- Weight loss
Not only does green tea give your metabolism a boost, but also, choosing this drink over other more sugary option will greatly decrease your calorie intake.
2- Less stress
Research shows that it can reduce both a rising heart rate and rising blood pressure.
3- Cancer preventive
4- Reduced risk of diabetes
5- Decreased chance of heart disease
6- Lowered cholesterol
8- Healthy cell
9- Anti -aging
10- Strong bone