Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunita Kamath
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita KamathYour feedback matters!
I am 32 yes old and having 5 months baby boy. He is having loose motion since 3 days. Have started with econorm powder one sachet per day since yest. Today when he passed stools I could see blood stains. Can you pls suggest me what should be my next step since I can meet my podiatrist only by tomorrow.
Hello, I am breastfeeding my one and a half month baby. These days she takes feed only 3-4 mins. I am worried about her. She used to pass urine nearly 10 times a day before. These days she passes 7-8 times. Sometimes she passes urine after 6 hrs. Is this normal? I doubt that when she sucks my nipple, she is not getting milk. When she takes feed for 3-4 mins, I get this doubt. And if she cries or if she is awake after that, I express milk and give her. I don't know what to think and what not. Feeling very much depressed. How to increase milk supply and how to make my baby take breastfeed for long? Please suggest.
Meri baby four months ki hai usko sardi hula hai but mere yaha garmi bahut jayada hai bina air conditioning k nahi raha jata usko pasina hone lagta hai to kya main air conditioned chala sakti hu.
Dr. My son is 5 year old. He has cough since Nov 2015. I had given antibiotics like amoxyclav and azithromycin and asthalin coriminic and cetrizine syp but no effect. All his blood test chest xray and afb test are normal. In chest xray he had mild cardiomegaly. Drs. Done echo whis is normal.In blood test his eosinophil are 11. Drs says he has allergy in blood and prescribe Montair 10 mg one tab in night for three months. Dr. My question is can I give 5 year old child Montelukast 10 mg or less dose like 5 mg montair. And can it is ok for three months.
I dint breast feed my baby for past ten days. Today I breast feed her. I dint have any pain or anything. But when I pressed milk came. So I fed her today. Is it okay? Reply fast please.
My grand son is 11 and half months old. Since last night he has got fever even now his fore head is very hot.Please advise.
My daughter is seven and half months old (premature). Her weight is 5.8kgs. She blows away medicine as well solids, does not take enough formula. Does not sleep properly. Please help.
I am a 30 years old female with two kids, 4 years old child and 8 month old breastfeeding baby. All of a sudden there is extreme heaviness in my right breast, it almost feels like stone with lot of lumps. I fed my baby and still it is the same since almost 4 hours. There also seems to be a small boil sort of thing on my right nipple. There is also slight pain in the right breast. What could be the reason for this? How do I cure this?
My younger son is at the age of 5. Past few months he hasn't shown interest to take food. Then we consulted a doctor. After the mantox test he said that my son is having primary complex and gave akurit tablet and advised to take the tablet every day in the early morning at empty stomach. We continued the same and now 5 months are completed. But still my doctor saying to take the tablet until he reaches 18 kg. Now he is in 16.40 kg, ht 110 cm. We are worrying about primary complex & the side effects of the tablet. Doctors please give our opinion in this regard.
Motherhood is a big responsibility. Being a caretaker and a nurturer requires a lot of hard work and time. Staying active physically, emotionally and spiritually is the most difficult work of all. It is even more tiring as the entire process of giving birth is a tiring task in itself.
In order to get over this tiredness, according to Ayurveda, one should try to calm their Vata. Spiritual elements of the body are collectively called Vata. Vata is responsible for maintaining the balance and order of the body.
How to calm Vata?
For the Mother:
A mother is tired, sleep deprived, and in pain after the daunting process of giving birth.
- She should be present in cold and dry environment at all times
- To calm her Vata, she should maintain her diet as well
- This includes having light food, good fruits, and a lot of water
- It is very important to remember she shouldn’t eat spicy food at all
- She should try having food that provides nourishment to the body by including special herbs in the food, like Fenugreek, Ashwagandha and Pippali. These herbs stimulate the nourishing quality of food and provide the perfect balance to body.
For the Baby:
When it comes to taking care of infants, the best medicine and nurturer is the mother’s milk.
- After the toddler is 10-11 months old, Ayurveda can play a major role in their diet.
- Rasayana and Chyawanprash can boost immunity in children and calm their Vata.
- Swarna bhasma when mixed with ghee and honey can be a very effective medicine during cold.
- Shankhapushpi is also a medicinal herb that is very useful to boost immunity during the winters.
- Physical care is important for both the mother and the baby. This includes mild massages and exercises from time to time.
- Massages in the mother should be focused on the hip and the lower back region, as those are the places that experience most pain in the body. Ashwagandha and Bala oils are the best to massage with.
- When it comes to the child, the most focused part is the skin. Though infants shouldn’t be subjected to massages at first, after a year, one can massage a baby with Snehana and Ashwagandha oils to improve the skin.
- The mother and the child need emotional support more than anything. This requires a mother to spend time with her child as much as possible.
- A mother should get ample amount of sleep during the nights. So, as much as possible, the father should take care of the child during the nights.
Above are some of the best practices to nurture mother and the child. But it's not an easy task. It's going to be challenging and confusing, but once this becomes a habit, everything will fall into places. Consulting an Ayurvedic doctor is very helpful at this stage.