Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil Shitole
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil ShitoleYour feedback matters!
There's a wound on my knee which has not healed in weeks, because it on the knee it keeps hitting here and there, could this be an infection?
Hi, last sunday I uplift my daughter from monday my lower back is paining too much, I had physiotherapy (heating.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. I had habit of masturbation since 5 years .i used to do 5 times daily by rubbing penis against bed for hours .now since 1 year I am having many bodily problems so I left masturbation. I am having numbness and tingling in whole body. Chest and abdomen enlargement too much .high bp 150/100. Bones and muscle pain. Excessive hair growth on whole body except I have little beard. But my hair growth on whole body had excessive and rapid growth in these month. As from 1 year I am not masturbating. My testicle size is reducing day by day. They became so small 2 cm in length each. To whom I should consult about my testis problem?
Hi, I am 32 years female, suffering from pain and swelling in left ankle from last 1 year. Please advise.
I am 36 year old I have numbness in my both hand please suggest me some ayurvedic medicine I have cervical problem also thanks.
Hi I am frm pune. I an suffering from lower back pain since two week and now the pain has started radiating to my calves. It is realy painful. Please help! Suggest any good doctors near me.
Sir I am in a rehabilitation stage after being operated in my left knee ligament i. E arthroscopic surgery of ACL Ligament. Now after surgery its 50 days already but bending of knee and regain of power of quadriceps is nt satisfactory for which it takes time 2 healing my foot. So pls suggest me, whether machinery physiotherapy like simulator, knee bending machine will give me early recovery. Pls suggest me if any other ways r there for faster recovery.
Sir my mother is 68 year and she is a B patient and not diabetic, she is diagnosed for Osteoarthritis from many years now she is finding a knee pain every day and swelling below the knee and over the feet. Ples ae advice the medicine on the same. Her ESR level in the blood always about 60 and other kidney and liver report is normal.
Physiotherapy plays a pivotal role in helping a person recover after a hip replacement surgery. It brings back the old flexibility and prevents blood clots in the area where the procedure has taken place. After the surgery team gives its green signal, a physiotherapist starts working with a patient for a full recovery.
Here is a list of some common exercises that a physiotherapist suggests after a hip replacement surgery:
- Walking: It is important to use the crutches for a time period of 4-5 weeks post the procedure. Until the surgeon or the physiotherapist advises against using the crutches, it makes sense to use it while walking. It makes sense to retain the normal walking posture by using the crutches rather than limping without it. A physiotherapist reviews the pressure exerted by the arm while holding a crutch, before advising the patient to get rid of the crutches.
- Increasing hip flexibility: This is a basic form of exercise where an individual lies on one side of the body with knees and hips bent. A pillow is placed in between the knees. While doing this, it should be ensured that both the feet is kept together and the back muscle is not twisted. The top knee should be slowly raised like an opening of the calm shell. This position should be maintained for 4-5 seconds.
- Strengthening the hips: The body should rest on the stomach. The buttocks should be tightened and one leg should be slowly lifted. This position should be maintained for a stretch of 3-5 seconds. The same should be repeated for both the legs.
- Strengthening the hip and the stomach muscle: The body should rest on the back with a leg bent. The stomach muscle should be tightened and the bent leg should be lifted carefully while ensuring that the bend does not supersede more than 90 degrees. While keeping the stomach muscle tight, the lifted leg should slowly come down to touch the surface. This act should be repeated for 5-6 times.
- Strengthening the thigh muscle: While sitting in a steady chair, an elastic loop should be wrapped around the ankles. The elastic loop should be stretched with one leg while keeping the other foot firmly rooted to the ground. The lifted foot should slowly come down to the normal position. The same act should be repeated for 4-5 times.
- Improving balance: An elastic loop should be tied to one leg of a table and the other end of the loop should be tied to one ankle. The table should be held on for maintaining balance. Maintaining an erect position, the tied up ankle should be stretched sideways. The position should be maintained for 3-5 seconds to return back to normal standing position. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!