Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata IyerYour feedback matters!
Food contains carbohydrates which results in minute quantities of acid production. This acid weakens enamel temporarily for about 45 minutes after which enamel reminiralizes itself from saliva.
If we brush within 45 mins to 1 hr, we are brushing weakened enamel which will wear off more easily, gradually leading to enamel loss and sensitivity.
Hence it is advisable to brush either before meals or after an hour of having meals.
Dear sir, my age 20 years old. Mere childhood se hi mouth me chale hote rehte hai. Kabhi tongue me chale ho jaate hai or theek se kisi se baat bhi nhi ki jaati aur naa hi khana khaya jaata hai Sir, you are recommend sporolac tab for 5 days. But sir uss medicines se bhi koi fark nhi hua hai. Please provide permanent solution.
I use to chew tobacco and due to it my teeth are now appearing black in colour which does not suits to my profile so pls tell me what to do to clean them and to quit tobacco I've already chewed those nicotex and qick nick.
Dr. There is a great cavity in my teeth n I am trouble n I want to know some ideas to finish the cavity. Is there some ideas which can finish my cavity at home.
Researchers have shown people with gum diseases are twice as likely to suffer from heart problems than others.
I have Yellow teeth from my chid hood onwards though im brushing twice a day im not getting rid of it can anyone help me please help.
For most people, a visit to the dentist is not a routine affair, it is mandated by tooth pain or bleeding gums. Surveys have been conducted to understand this, and at least 50% of the people have a fear of dentists.
Listed below are some common reasons cited by people as to why they fear a dentist:
1. General Anxiety: Unlike a regular doctor's set-up, the dental office with its various equipment and materials can be quite intimidating for anybody. This is one of the main reasons most people fear going to a dentist. Whether it is the big X-ray equipment or the drills used on the teeth, the person walking into the clinic has a general fear.
2. Fear of embarrassment and negligence: As mentioned, most people go to the dentist when a symptom sets in. Visiting a dentist and opening the mouth reveals the negligence of the person in terms of oral health, and this is an embarrassment for most people.
3.Tooth removal: A decade or so ago, for most decayed tooth, removal would be the only problem. In such cases, especially if the tooth was grossly decayed, it would be removed, sometimes with use of multiple instruments and in small pieces. The recent advancements have reduced the instances of tooth removal, however, this is a major reason for people to fear a dentist.
4. Injection: The thought of having an injection in the mouth is another big no-no for most people. There could also be the possibility of having a bad experience with an earlier dentist, where there might have been more than a prick to get the anesthetic effect.
5. Fear of pain: In this major set-up, most people are not sure which instrument might be used on them and they fear that this can cause additional pain to the tooth that is already in pain.
6. Fear of getting bad news: The dentist will diagnose the problem and reveal bad news about the problem. This might involve not just complicated treatment but also can be quite expensive.
7. Connecting to a bad experience: In some cases, the person could have had a previous bad experience and this might prevent them from going to any other dentist. The bad memory always comes to the fore and prevents the person from going through another bad experience.
8. The use of drill: Whether or not the person in the clinic requires drilling, the mere sound of it puts off some people from visiting a dentist. Opening the mouth and getting a tooth drilled is one of the biggest fears for most people.
Walk into a dentist with none of these fears and you will be relieved of your dental and oral problems.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.