Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir SudrikYour feedback matters!
I am facing eyes problem. My eyes are daily red. I am using so many companies eye drops are using but no use. please tel me.
My right eye generally is filled with tear type water specially after waking up to take bath and during the day while i work on computer.
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty
I have red eye for last one day and I feel as if some foreign body has gone inside my left eye and it is watering for last three days. What should I do?
I am suffering from myopia. What should I do to cure this disease and what are the symptoms of this disease?
Pain in head always when I study also in eye. how I solve this problem please provide me suggestion?
I've already got the operation done of my LEFT eye as I was facing Motiabind and it was done through lager technology. Further I want to know whether can I get the operation done again as I still have no clear visual. Also confirm that what will be the result if I don't take any treatment if I have Motiabind in my LEFT eye. Will it effect to my RIGHT side eye or not? Is is mandatory to get the operation done of my LEFT eye if I'm having Motiabind in it?
Maina suna h ke homeopathic mai color blindness ka bhi treatment h or hum kitne jalde recovery kr sakte h q ke maina railway mai driver ban na h plzz koi meri help kr sakte ho.
I am wearing specs for 18 years and now I am 21. My power is always increasing. What is the fastest remedy that I can getfrom medical side?
I had viral conjunctivitis two weeks back which got proper since I was on drops but after I stopped taking drops my eyes have become red and I feel irritated like something in eyes and on eye lids I'm not sure why it's happening please suggest. Drops was dexoren. Heard it's a steroid are they any side effects of this please advise. I was taking drops for twenty days 4 times 5 days 3 times 5 days likewise 2 n once.
I have too much work that involves using laptop continuously for hours, What to do to avoid sore eyes ?
What are cyclic guanosine monophosphate deficiency related to. And which are the tests that determines these deficiency. Are they also correlated with eyesight problem.
I want to know what diet to maintain for good eye sight. I have specs and I am worried about my vision getting worse as time passes.
I am 25 year old. My eyelids are feeling heavy for few days. Can not open them comfortably. please suggest some cure.
I am 32 years old male, have a healed chorio retinitis. Pigments all over retina, gradually my vision has dropped. Give me solution and let me know will my other eye too will get affected? What are all should be precautions? All my blood test are normal, I never had tuberculosis nor I have hiv, what can be the cause?
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or to improve their vision, including wearing glasses, lenses, and many more. Here are some effective exercises, which can prove to be highly beneficial to improve your eye health:
This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds and then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
3. Focus switching
This particular eye exercise is probably the most useful one to improve eye health. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes, which are twenty feet away.
This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to distress the eyes.
5. Deep blinking
This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. What you have to do is to place some large letters are at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds are over, you have to open your eyes and then you have to see the letters for a second or two. The more number of times you do this, the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
However, these eye exercises are not universally accepted by all doctors.