Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srikant
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SrikantYour feedback matters!
Autism spectrum disorders are a group of severe neurological and developmental disorders which begin in early childhood and can last throughout a person’s life. It affects the ability to interact with others and also hinders communication and well as learning ability. A proper health center can diagnose the presence of autism spectrum disorder early on. Many tests are available for evaluation and diagnosis as it is a range of disorders which can have a variety of symptoms. The environment and genetics also play a role in the development of autism spectrum disorder but the exact cause of autism spectrum disorder is not yet known.
Symptoms of autism spectrum disorder:
- Your child may not be able to respond when called by his or her name by 12 months age.
- Will avoid eye contact and also have the desire to stay alone.
- Have trouble understanding or relating to other people or talk about their own feelings.
- Delayed speech and language skills which would affect the ability to speak.
- Show unusual reaction to sound, smell, taste or feelings.
- Answering questions with unrelated answers that have no meaning or link.
- Prefer to play alone and would avoid physical contact.
Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder:
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation – The behavior of your child and development is first studied by the doctor in detail. The tests include genetic testing, neurological testing, hearing and vision testing among others. Doctors may also suggest other specialized tests in certain cases.
- Developmental Screening – The development of your child’s basic learning skills with respect to the age is checked. The doctor checks for some delays in the progress and will also monitor movement, behavior and speaking progress of the child. Some additional checks are also done for low birth weight, premature birth among other things.
- Applied behavioral analysis – This is a notable treatment and widely accepted by doctors all over the world. ABA is known to encourage positive behaviors and improves a variety of skills in a child.
- Occupational Therapy – Teaches the skills to live independently like eating, dressing and social skills. This can help people afflicted by autism spectrum disorders to lead a normal life within the society and thus relate to as well as interact with other people.
- Speech therapy – It improves and focuses primarily on communication skills and also uses picture boards and gestures to improve the abilities and induce learning skills.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
- Make your bedroom an inviting place. Keep the room free of clutter and distractions. Be sure you have the right bed and mattress for your needs. The wrong mattress can lead to musculoskeletal problems and sleep disturbances.
- Use the bed only for sleeping and sex. Avoid use of the bed for watching TV, eating, working, or any other activities. If you do wish to use the bed for a bit of nighttime reading, read only pleasure books in bed.
- Therapists often use 'reconditioning' as part of a treatment plan for insomnia. With this method, people are 'reconditioned' to associate the bed with sleep. If you find yourself unable to sleep at all, get out of bed and move to another room, so that you only associate the bed with sleep and not with wakefulness.
- Establish a regular sleep-wake cycle. Your body will learn to set its internal clock to your schedule and will eventually respond to internal cues to become sleepy at a given time and to awaken at a given time. A good way to begin this is by getting up at the same time every morning, even on weekends.
- Don't nap. No matter how tempting it may be, an afternoon nap can make falling asleep at night even harder. 'Extra' sleep on weekends can also throw off your regular sleep schedule and worsen midweek insomnia.
- Limit your consumption of caffeine in the afternoon and evening. Remember that eating chocolates and drinking cocoa and colas also are sources of caffeine.
- Watch your alcohol intake. Don't drink any alcoholic beverages in the few hours prior to going to bed. Excessive amounts of alcohol at any time in the day can also disrupt sleep patterns and lead to unsatisfying sleep. Cigarette smoking can also worsen insomnia.
- Fit in some exercise during the day, but don't exercise strenuously right before bedtime.
- Eat light meals in the evening. Eating heavily in the evening or eating just prior to going to bed can disrupt your sleep.
- Establish a 'winding down' ritual in the evenings just prior to bedtime. Try to free your mind of distracting or troublesome thoughts and engage in a relaxing, enjoyable activity like reading, listening to music, or watching a pleasant film.
Sir, He is suffering from few years he is losing his sperm in night on bed when he is sleeping. Please help.
I am suffering from current excess pass in brain. I am using levera 500 mg and tegrital 200 mg for small fits .but now I am laughing myself nd thinking myself not able to know wt is going around not able to look properly or take care to my son. Suggest something.
My wife was having problem to breath and now she is diagnosed with asthma, it was found yesterday after PFT, can there be other problems too for her breathing problem, should I go for other tests? Is asthma curable in early phase without medications, let me know how? Regards.
I am suffering from pemphigus vulgaris and on pred 60 and immuno suppressant. Symptoms under control now. Worried about relapse after reduction of steroids. Can any one help.
Hi I am a diabetic patient for 6 years and taking med following my physician but my health is breaking up day by day. What I can do to get back my lost health. Mg age is 37.
Condom should be used each time while involving in sexual intercourse. The suffered person should not give any his part or blood to others. Insure before taking injection from a doctor that it is used or not. The women is suffering from aids should not suck her baby. In hospital, before transfusion of blood, check hiv test report of that blood.