Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srikant
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SrikantYour feedback matters!
Sir my husband 43 yrs old diabetic on metformin 1000 bid s creatinine increasing now 1.3 urine albumin nil now ultrasound showings fatty liver and grade 1 renal pharenchymal change.
What is reason behind head ache all most time, there is pain in my head will you please give me answer for that. I am waiting for your reply.
I am student of the class 12th. Our board exams are ongoing and I'm suffering from severe headaches. What should I do?
I am 21 year old and since past 15 days I am facing the problem of erectile dysfunction from past 15 days I do not know why I am a healthy person with no habits of drinking and smoking. .i dnt know why I am facing this problem. I am feeling very embarrassed. I am also suffering viral fever and taking antibiotics. Is there is any reaction due to those medicines. I am very worried. I am also taking azee 500 by doctors prescription.
Are you looking for an effective way to managing your diabetes? Yoga is considered to be an ideal remedy. Regular yoga helps in reducing the sugar levels in your blood, and also lowers your blood pressure. It helps to keep your weight in check and relieves and reduces the symptoms of diabetes, thereby, slowing down the progression of the condition. Moreover, yoga helps in increasing the production of glucagon, which is a hormone responsible for increasing glucose levels in your blood. There are several yoga poses or asanas, which assist in reducing stress from your mind. This reduces the glucagon amount and improves insulin action.
Here are some important yoga poses and asanas, which help in stress reduction, and in turn work on your diabetic symptoms.
- Pranayama: This breathing exercise involves breathing in and breathing out. It helps in oxygenating your blood, thereby improving blood circulation. Your mind calms down and your nerves get relaxed.
- Setubandhasana: This yoga pose is ideal for blood pressure management, and also provides relaxation to your mind. It helps in improving several other conditions, and functions of your body.
- Balasana: This asana is referred to as the pose of a child. It is an ideal stress buster. It stretches your thighs, hips, and ankles, calms your mind and provides effective stress relief. It eliminates fatigue and cures lower back pain.
- Vajrasana: This is another simple yoga pose, which is ideal for providing relaxation to your mind. It is an important yoga asana, according to Ayurvedic beliefs.
- Sarvangasana: This yoga pose is renowned for its function of regulating the working of your thyroid glands. The thyroid glands control the functioning of your entire body, which includes your nervous, reproductive, and respiratory system. It also controls your body’s metabolism. This yoga pose nourishes your spine, supplying large amounts of oxygen and blood. This enables you to keep away from nervous system disorders, and improves your overall health. In short, it is an ideal overall stress buster.
- Halasana: This yoga asana is ideal for people who are stressed because of a bad posture, owing to long hours of sitting in a place. The pose stimulates your thyroid glands, lungs, parathyroid glands, and the organs in your abdomen. It helps the rush of blood to your face and head, keeping your hormone levels under supervision. It is effective for diabetic patients.
- Dhanurasana: It is another effective yoga pose that strengthens your backbone and back. It stimulates your reproductive organs, and works great in beating stress and fatigue. It is highly recommended to be practiced for diabetic patients.
Here is a list of food items you should include/cut down in your diet in case you have type 2 diabetes:
- Vegetables: You must have fresh or frozen vegetables and avoid using sauces, dips, fats or salts. Intake non-starchy vegetables like cucumber, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, lettuce and vegetables, which are dark green or yellow in color. Also have starchy vegetables such as corn, green peas, beans, carrots and yams. Avoid potatoes as they are pure starch.
- Fresh Fruits: You should include fresh fruits in your regular diet. Have apples, bananas, berries, papaya, cherries, grapes, melons, oranges, peaches, pineapples and raisins. Have whole fruits regularly, which do not contain added chemical sweeteners.
- Grains: Include grains in your diet and consume whole grains more. Whole grains are not processed and consist of the whole-grain kernel. Grains contain starch, which is a source of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are bad for blood sugar. Hence, whole grains, which are rich in fiber are recommended. Fiber controls the blood-sugar level from shooting up. Fiber should be included in the form of bran of oat and wheat.
- Proteins: Coming to protein food items, you should consume fish and poultry items often. Always remove the skin from chicken or turkey properly before cooking. Buy lean meat and trim all the fat from meat. Avoid frying and use methods such as baking, roasting, grilling or boiling. Also use healthy oils for frying purpose.
- Dairy Products: In case of type 2 diabetes, always use dairy products, which are low in fat. Do not add sugar to milk, curd or yoghurt as they contain natural sugar. Do not consume more than three cups of milk a day.
- Oils and Fats: Cut down the intake of excessive oily and fatty foods. Avoid food items that contain high saturated fats such as bacon, hams, sausages and butter. Consume food with polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fats. Oil raises blood-sugar level and is high in calorie and should be used in lesser amounts.
A type 2 diabetes patient needs to undergo several changes in his/her diet to keep a check on the rising blood sugar levels and for living as healthy as possible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My baby is 1 and half month old. I think he has gas problem because he make sound of poti but not do it. I want to know if any chances do I my feed so that he will be fine.
The signs and symptoms of heart disease start before the recognizable stabbing chest pain that many would expect with a heart attack.
In fact, many patients have signs that something is wrong with their heart for weeks or even months before they actually have a cardiac event, and doctors warn that sometimes those signs may be subtle
"The more risk factors you have, the higher the likelihood that a symptom means something is going on with your heart"
"People often don't want to admit that they're old enough or sick enough to have heart trouble. Putting off treatment for other medical problems might not be so bad, but a serious heart problem can mean sudden death"
Risk factors of heart disease include high cholesterol, high blood pressure, obesity, smoking, diabetes, or a family history of heart disease, the site said.
Here are seven signs of heart disease that you should have checked out:
1. Chest discomfort or pain (angina): It's the number one recognized symptom of heart problems (although not all chest pain is caused by the heart), sometimes the pain isn't intense.
"Heart-related chest pain is often centered under the breastbone, perhaps a little to the left of center. The pain has been likened to 'an elephant sitting on the chest' but it can also be an uncomfortable sensation of pressure, squeezing, or fullness"
2. Shortness of breath: Several heart problems cause people to feel short of breath, which will often get worse with movement or exercise, reports the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
It can be a sign of heart failure, which occurs when "your heart can't pump enough blood to meet your body's needs" Shortness of breath can also be a symptom of broken heart syndrome, or stress-induced cardiomyopathy.
3. Dizziness, light headed ness, fainting: Any of these symptoms can indicate heart disease, and according to me, the problem can be regarding several heart issues: abnormal heartbeats, weak heart muscles (called dilated cardiomyopathy), and valve problems, among others.
4. Heart arrhythmias, or abnormal heartbeats: If you feel as if your heart is fluttering in your chest, beating too fast or slow, it may be an indication of heart disease, or even a heart attack.
5. Changes to "normal" If it's suddenly difficult to climb stairs you climb every day or do other activities that usually are part of your routine, it can be a sign that there's a problem. Notice if you find yourself saying, "I used to be able to [climb stairs, mow the lawn] but now I have to stop because I get [light-headed, short of breath, palpitations]
6. Erectile dysfunction: Sometimes men are embarrassed or hesitate to see a doctor when they have problems getting erections. But they should be aware, a 2013 study which followed 90,000 men, found "the worse erectile dysfunction, the more heart disease and risk of early death a man had,
7. Swelling in your legs: Puffiness in legs, ankles, calves, and feet can be a sign of a problem with your heart's pumping action. Although other things can cause the issue, such as hormone changes, salt, and medications, a doctor should check out potential heart disease
Dr. Varinder Singh Chandhok