Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonika GupthaYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. I have two sons 8 year, and 5 year. Bache hone ke bad meri health bhut down ho gyi h. Breast ka size bi bhut chhota ho gya h. M apni health ki recovery kaise kru?
Am 23 years old, I had my last periods on 12 DEC I had sex on 28 DEC I took ipill 29 afternoon am not getting my periods which is to be on 8 of Jan .am I pregnant, if am how should I remove pregnancy.
Hi Doctor, I got miscarriage first pregnancy. 1 month 8 days. Doc told no heart beat. So stopped pregnancy. The reason she told that if sperm and egg don't recognize. This happens and its 40% Common in women in first pregnancy. Taking this into consideration how we plan for second pregnancy. I am having hypothyroid take 62.5 mg tab daily. At which date we try having longer period.
I am using Gestmaten100 what its helps to became pregnant are what its use or any side effect, for what purpose this tablet.
I have girl friend we are participated in sex ,but I have a doubts is there any virus attacks me.Please tell.
Hello doctor, my frnd asked you a question yesterday for my problem of frequent urination. From december 2015 I consulted a doctor he made test of UTI and uc. In reports. There is. Under chemical examination PH is ALKALINE, ALBUMIN is (+) and sugar is nil. And under Microscopic examination. Pus cells were 8-10 and epithelial cells were 3-5. RBC nil. Crystals nil. Casts nil. Others YEAST CELLS (+). In urine examination. And in urine culture and sensitivity test result came out is. Growth of escherichia COLI > 10 is to power 3 ORGANISM / ml of URINE AFTER AEROBIC INCUBATION AT 37° C. It is found that m suffering from urin infection for which doctor gave me medicines in January. Then faced same problem in feb and now today again it is started from morning m feeling very frustrated have to go washroom again n again and I feel very much pain in vagina during urination. My periods are normal. And you answered her question that it is due to poor hygiene or transferred from male during sex. Dr. Actually m 19 year old girl and I never had sex in my life till date. But I mansburate sometimes. So it is due to mansburate or something else? Because m virgin n never had sex. Please explain me in brief so I can understand each and everything about my problem.
I am 30 female my problem is that every month of 15th my period start but no 4 day over so now what I please do?
Plz provide any medicine for unprotected sex which has occurred 25 days before for prevention of pregnancy?
Hi Dr. Am 23 year female my husband 34 year married about one year trying for baby our all types of report are normal, regular period last LMPs, 14/11/15, 11/12/15, 22/1/16 are, then 16th and 17th this week raw egg white like discharge occur fear about this why this is happens when to take pregnancy test? Please answer me Dr.
We are trying for a baby past one year but I am unable to conceive. There is no thyroid problem in me neither in my husband. But my cycles are irregular. In dec I had my periods on 15 th n last month on 26 th jan. And also during relation sperms are not going completely inside of me. It is flowing outside. Please advise why the sperms are coming outside.
I am 34 weeks 3 days pregnant. Sometimes I feel like my periods are coming but nothing come and feeling Pain at back. Having sore breast. Pls is it normal?
We are mortals and changes are bound to happen in the functioning of our body and the organ's of the body with every passing day. How the body reacts to the external environment needs to be constantly studied. Therefore, It is important to keep a check of what's happening within your body and live a healthy life.
The check could be need based as suggested by doctor to diagnose a disease or for a general health! Ultrasound scan is an important diagnostic measure to check the state of the organs inside our body via sound waves. It's is also known as sonogram, diagnostic sonography and ultrasonography.
Types of Ultrasound
Although all types of ultrasound basically work the same, but there are a few differences in the below listed types of ultrasound. Doctor's conduct the test basis the need.
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- 3D and 4D Ultrasound
- Echocardiograms Carotid Ultrasound
How does it work and why it is done?
It uses high frequency sound waves to create an image of some part of the inside of the body, such as heart and blood vessels, liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, bladder, uterus, ovaries, eyes, thyroid, and testicles.
- View the uterus and ovaries of a pregnant woman and assess her foetus
- Diagnose gallbladder disease
- Evaluate flow in blood vessels
- Assess abdominal pain or other concerns
- Guides a surgeon on a needle biopsy and treatment of a tumor
- Kidney Stones
- Pelvic ultrasound for ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, uterine growth and endometriosis
- The thyroid gland can be imaged using ultrasound looking for nodules, growths, or tumors
- Detect bulging of fluid from a swollen knee joint
- Veins evaluation to assess whether swelling in a leg is due to a blood clot, deep vein thrombosis or another cause
Why Ultrasound is preferred over other methods
- Generally painless and does not require needles, injections or incisions.
- Patients aren't exposed to ionizing radiation, making the procedure safer than diagnostic techniques, such as X-rays and CT scans. In fact, there are no known harmful effects when used as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Ultrasound captures images of soft tissues that don't show up well on X-rays.
- Ultrasound is widely accessible and less expensive than other methods.
It has some limitations, such as the sound waves do not transmit well through dense bones or parts of the body that may hold air or gas, such as the bowel and thus has a diagnostic limitation.
Hello doctor my self anu j. I am 25years old girl. I have irregular periods problem for last two years what should I do. Please help me.
The first fruit that comes to mind when you want to indulge in during summer would be watermelon. While it is refreshing and hydrating, there are also other benefits that it has.
Listed below are 8 reasons that you should have a watermelon:
- Body Hydration: The most important benefit of this red, juicy fruit is water, which is as high as 92%. It is no surprise that you feel hydrated as soon as you start biting into a slice of watermelon. In patients who need to be hydrated, this could work wonders.
- Reduces body fat: Watermelons contain an amino acid called Citrulline which converts to arginine. This conversion blocks the creation of fat from fat cells, thereby reducing fat accumulation in the body.
- Digestion: The high fiber content in watermelon, supplemented by the high water content, aids in smooth digestion and clears constipation.
- Healthy Heart: Watermelon contains lycopene, which dilates the blood vessels and allows for smoother flow of blood. The lycopene is proven to protect against various heart ailments. Tests done to check blood pressure at various spots including ankle and carotid regions showed significant decline in blood pressure. These also improve blood flow in the arteries.
- Musculoskeletal benefits: The benefits to the bones and muscles are multifold. After a workout session, athletes recover faster by eating watermelon. The are many reasons for this: The potassium-rich watermelon helps muscles function better, The amino acid Citrulline is believed to reduce muscle soreness and inflammation, Choline in the watermelon helps in better muscular movement and reduce inflammation
- Skin: The Vitamin A in watermelon aids in generation of hair and skin follicles, production of sebum, and moisturizing the hair follicles. This also promotes better condition of supporting tissues like hair, teeth, soft tissues and mucous membranes. Watermelon also contains Vitamin C, very essential for building and maintaining collagen. Collagen is what provides structure to the hair and skin. Add some watermelon if you have wounds, and see how wound healing is improved with better collagen formation. Needless to say, the high moisture content also adds to improved look of hair and skin.
- Cancer Prevention: Watermelon, especially a nicely ripened fruit, contains a lot of carotenoids, flavonoids, and triterpenoids. These are proven anti-cancer chemicals and reduce the formation of free radicals in the body which are responsible for cancer.
- Vision: The bright red colour of watermelon is from beta carotene and watermelon is also a rich source of it. Beta-carotene helps in the production of pigments in the eye. It can also prevent macular degeneration and night blindness.
So, the next time you bite into a watermelon, think about all the good things you are treating your body with.
Hello doctor, I have swelling in uterus problem last five days I am 32 year old married woman what should I do please tell me doctor.
Birth control pills also known as oral contraceptive pills are hormonal pills used to
Prevent conception and help in postponing or spacing of pregnancy.
Myth: pills cause weight gain and side effects like acne
Fact: with modern pills there is hardly any weight gain. Recent studies have shown that not much weight change with pill versus non hormonal contraceptive users. Infact modern pills can reduce acne, improve skin condition and facial hair growth with modern progestin