Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonika Guptha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonika GupthaYour feedback matters!
My sister is pregnant by her bf bt she do not want baby I think she is 3 weeks pregnant. She is so disturb want abortion bt she thinks she can not get pregnant if abortion takes place. Help please And also now she is felling hot in stomach.
Now my wife is 3 moth sijerion (forceps delivery) women delivered a baby boy on Feb 16th 2017. My Q is can she eat curd or not. Please tell and what she do not take up to how many months. Please reply.
I got 3T Mamo done and below is the report. Could you help me on next steps? Mr. Morphology suggests Fibroadenoma within the upper inner quadrant of right breast at 1 o’clock position. BIRADS category 3.
My vagina is blocked with menstrual bleeding clot & it's size is like a golf ball from last 5 hours I have constantly pain in my abdomen both side left/ right. I'm 38 years old & unmarried. Is it possible that it will come out naturally.
Laparoscopy is a diagnostic procedure used to view inside of abdominal organs.
How to deal with it?
- You have to be mentally prepared. You have to stop taking all the supplements, aspirin as it will act as a blood thinner which can give risk to haemorrhage.
- Take any relative/ friend to accompany you on the day of surgery and 24 hours after surgery. This person must be known one with whom you are comfortable who can take care of you, regarding medicines or to take you to the washroom, dressing.
- Prepare your food prior and keep before surgery.
- Do not wear silk as it will irritate the wound.
- Always keep your location clean with clean sheets, pillow, and analgesics.
Before pre-operative appointment
- You can ask your doctor what questions you have in your mind.
- Ask your doctor regarding details of analgesic prescription and fill up form before the procedure is done.
- Ask whether enema is required or whether shaving is required on a part where surgery is to be done.
- Ask your doctor if you can receive video-tape of the procedure so that patient can view the whole laparoscopic procedure.
On the day of laparoscopy:
- Wear loose clothing.
- Avoid wearing makeup, body lotions, and deodorant.
- Remove watch, earrings, and bracelet.
- When you reach the hospital, relax.
- Don’t go into anxiety.
After The Surgery
- When you go home after surgery sleep and lie down for 24 hours, since your abdominal muscles will be tensed for few days.
- Splinting your belly is necessary. This can be done by hugging your pillow at the abdomen or put an abdominal binder around abdomen. Do not sit upright until and unless wound heals as it is a fresh cut. Likewise, avoid wearing tight clothes which put pressure on the abdomen. You will have to hold a pillow while sneezing or coughing as the abdomen is very tender.
- There will be shoulder pain for some days. Try keeping heat pad to relieve pain.
- Eat light slowly starting with liquids than solids.
- Drink 2 litres of water and fibre-rich diet to avoid constipation as anaesthesia and analgesics can cause constipation after surgery.
- To get out of bed, first turn sideways take your feet out sit up using arm and then stand.
- Avoid getting into the sexual relationship for certain period until bleeding stops after laparoscopy.
- Avoid taking bath for a week after surgery.
- Apply vitamin E to the scar after surgery as it promotes faster healing.
- Keep moving after 2 hours as it will reduce gas pain.It takes a week to recover, but if any signs, like fever or a discharge is seen, immediately contact your doctor.
- Strictly avoid wearing nylon clothes after surgery as it will cause a lot of irritation to the patient.
- Trust yourself and take much of rest for faster healing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi I have been suffering from white sticky vaginal discharge which can be felt while wiping vaginal area from last 15 days. I have missed my period. Last period was on 27th feb and till date I haven't got my menstrual. Feeling cramps around lower abdomen and lower back including hip area. I also took pregnancy test twice i.e. On 4th April and 13th April. I feel little stretch full on abdomen area. Further I have issues of pocd and irregular periods. Trying to conceive. Please guide.
Dermatology is a branch which has been prone to medical quackery (jholachap giri)ever since its inception as a branch. Every so-called doctor (jholachhap), used to do dermatological treatment, giving steroids to virtually every disease, isotretinoin in pregnant, calling them dermatologist without any degree, playing with the health of the people and causing a huge huge hazard to everyone.Now, this quackery has reached a new high what I called as 'high-level white-collar quackery' from normal dermatological practice, it has been progressed to the Aesthetic procedure, surgical intervention, lasers. I am sharing here someday to day experience we face as a dermatologist.
Scenario 1: Hair transplant now a well-known procedure, being a safer less invasive surgery itis at high tide right now. But due to its safety and non-invasive nature now this jholachhap Non-medicos are doing hair transplant routinely and boasting themselves as hair transplant surgeons. People, please understand its a surgery and it cant be done without a proper understanding of the human body and science. Some 'well-known hair transplant centres' are running their business without any doctors very smoothly, compromising sterility, risking lives. It is so easy for them to risk your life as our country never had any policy for healthcare.
Scenario 2: A well-known centre has been doing laser for 'god only know the indication' in a 1st-trimester pregnant lady. We doctors know that laser can harm developing baby in the womb. But who can stop them when they are only busy in money making without thinking twice.Many a time this centres calls a doctor after causing severe side effects like laser burn, flare of the disease due to wrong indications, but again who can stop them from playing human life.
Scenario 3: Anti-aging business is now of billions of dollars worldwide and got easier with many advancements in medical sciences like fillers, botox, machines, lasers. Easier means again more quackery but big money this time, how can they stop themselves indulging in this business again. Many so-called wellness centres doing all these procedures with any medical knowledge, without any degree, without any supervision. Result being risking our health and life.
I want to aware people that please be wise don't fall prey to any kind of advertisement, ask them there medical degree and medical licenses before going for any treatment or procedures. Its only money for them but it's your life which is at the stack. I also request our government and concerned authority who is always ready to blame doctors for all the thing, please make some strict protocols and restrict such kind of practice.