Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonany
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SonanyYour feedback matters!
Last morning I was very my half pant and suddenly severe pain occurred in my back. I was unable to move a inch. Unable to walk straight, unable to bend, unable to sit properly. I shown to a doctor she says it may be gastric problem. Can you suggest what could be the reason for such a severe pain. Whole day unable to stand and walk straight.
Hi Doctor! I suffering from the pain in ribs cage since last night (below the heart side). Feeling pain while taking deep breath. I don't know the correct reason for this problem. But it might be over stress of ribcage during the sleeping time in the before last night. Is there any other reasons for this to happen? I haven't met with any accident or else. The day before it injured I did chest and lattice workouts. Please Give me some suggestions and causes for this.
My wife, aged 56 years, is suffering from sciatica pain for almost two years now. Though consulted orthopedic and neurologist, yet have found no relief. Kindly advise.
I've been suffering from cervical spondilosis since 5 years with pain in left side of neck.Since last 3 years having frozen shoulder in left side.Treated with some NSAID and muscle relaxant and some exercise but still it is painful .Kindly help!
Hello. I'm Trimaya & from past few weeks I'm experiencing an unusual feeling in my right knee. When I sit & stand, a crack type sound comes. I don't feel pain while walking. I can run too. But sometimes sitting in car in a stable position for an hour my right knee pains a little until I readjust. While doing sit up exercise I feel a little pain in knee & that crack type sound comes every time I stand. Please share what exactly is the problem and give some advices! Thanks.
Fractures are simply a break in a bone. They can be caused due to injury, (traumatic fractures) or a pre-existing condition like osteoporosis that causes weakening of bones (pathologic fractures). There are many ways to classify fractures. All fractures fall into the major categories of simple and compound fractures. Simple fractures are fractures where bones remain inside the skin and don’t jut out. They are also called closed fractures.
Compound fractures, also called open fractures, are broken bones that penetrate through the skin. These types expose the bone and deep tissues to the environment. Compound fractures are more serious of the two. The healing here may be affected due to deep infections for which antibiotics need to be used. There are many different sub types of fractures and we’re only going to skim through them here.
- Comminuted fractures: Severe fractures in which a bone breaks into several smaller pieces.
- Avulsion fractures: A small piece of bone is completely torn off from the main bone due to fierce pulling off a part of the body.
Other types of fractures are characterised by the many different angles the bone breaks into like transverse, oblique and spiral fractures.
When a bone is broken there are symptoms like swelling that doesn’t subside on its own and pain. In such a case it’s imperative that one goes to a doctor for a diagnosis. Doctors can usually recognise most fractures by examining the injury and taking an X-ray. The X-ray also provides a clear idea about the type of fracture and the degree of displacement of the bone. And, it’s important that the patient doesn’t wait too long before approaching a doctor. This is because bones begin to heal very quickly after a fracture and the bone tissue will heal using any tissue available. This can lead to a misalignment of broken pieces of bone and cause disability and loss of function.
There are cases when X-ray may not show a fracture. This is especially common in fractures in the hip and wrist in older people. For diagnosing these, doctors will get some other tests done such as a computed tomography (CT) scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), or a bone scan.
Fractures have to be treated by doctors. The doctors set the fractured bones in their proper place and hold them there so that they can heal. Setting a bone is called "reduction." Reduction without surgery is called "closed reduction." But if the fracture is serious, it’s going to require surgery with bone repositioning, called open reduction.
In extreme cases, pins, plates, screws, rods, or glue are used to hold the fractured bones in place, inside the body. Once the bone abutment has been treated, the bone is immobilised to allow the broken pieces to heal. In most cases, the fractured part is set in a rigid cast. The fractured ends of the bone can be fixed into place using metal pins connected to an external frame. This is removed after the bone has healed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
Pain is unpleasant suffering caused by injury or illness. Back pain may be sudden/constant, dull, severe or not responding to short rest and medication. Constant pain in back in any region of spine for more than few days to weeks needs intervention.
- Pain which is intense especially at night requires urgent visit to a specialist.
- Sudden onset of pain in back with or without injury needs urgent attention.
- Back pain with difficulty in walking, pain while getting up from position of comfort, pain during change of posture or pain after prolonged sitting (for work) can lead to serious permanent damage, if left untreated.
- Pain which travels to one or both legs may be due to pressure on the nerve/s and if left untreated for long can lead to permanent weakness or damage.
- Pain associated with numbness, tingling or weakness in legs, especially below the knees, commonly called Sciatica, needs to be investigated. Various spinal ailments can lead to weakness in one or two limbs or all four limbs. There may be associated or isolated numbness (loss of sensation to touch, pain or temperature) without back pain.
- Numbness, tingling or weakness may be the only symptoms without any complaint or without history of back pain.
- Problems related to bladder control which may be difficulty to control, hesitancy in passing or dribbling of urine. There may be associated constipation. Loss of bowel/bladder control is caused by pressure on spinal cord &/or nerves which may be due to injury, infection, disc prolapse or tumor.
- Sudden swelling and redness in back usually happens after an injury or accident but sometimes are signs of underlying severe illness.
- Loss of normal shape/curvatures of spine can present with or without pain. It can lead to forward, sideways or rarely backward bending.
- Unintentional weight loss, loss of appetite, evening rise of fever or disturbed sleep with associated back pain/weakness/numbness needs visit to a specialist.