Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sohan Barhate
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sohan BarhateYour feedback matters!
I have allergy problem probably dust energy n whenever I don't wear shoes or slippers my heel gets swelling I have been to various doctors they have given me medication advise which is temporary. Please suggest how to get rid of it as its very painful when there is swelling on heel area.
I have severe backache. Every time it is paining. Near my lower spine it is very painful please suggest.
Dear Doc, A few days ago I suddenly developed a pain in my spine (top portion) for no apparent reason I am mobile at the moment The pain is more when I lie down to sleep Please suggest a medicine to reduce pain.
Hi, I am 30 year old male with a L5 disk slip 3 months back. Weight 85 kg. I have been experiencing continuous numbness in my right thigh. Please suggest if I need to go disc hernia surgery.
My moms Ra factor is 309.98 IU/ml C reactine protein is 14.14mg/l Aso titre - 284.89 IU/ml She has a rhemutoartharitis problem since last 6 years and a gout all the values are high please give me suggestion what to dl come out of this rid and painful stress life.
Ek hafte phele mera chota sa acident usme meri gardan ko zatka laga tha uske 2 din baad se meri gardan me dard raheta he dard sar tak bhi phochoc jata he kaya problam hogi?
My mother is 40 years old. She gets severe back pain and she is becoming thin day by day. Wt to do about it? Suggest any exercises please.
Whenever I pass urine particularly in the morning I am having stomach pain. Earlier I had prostate enlarge and it was cured by medicine at that time. Is it due to this or any other. I am having back pain also on my right side.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an auto-immune disorder (wherein the immune system attacks the body tissues) resulting in joint inflammations. Joints, which are used more frequently, such as knees, fingers, shoulders, wrists, elbows and hips get affected more commonly by this disease. Rheumatoid arthritis might also affect the adjoining tissues, such as the ligaments and tendons. While doctors are still skepticle about what exactly causes the disease, a significant dip in immunity might cause the inflammation of the joints, resulting in people who suffer from obesity, people in the age group of 40-60, people who have a family history of this condition, regular smokers and women being more prone to this disease.
The symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis include but are not limited to:
1. Intense pain in the morning
2. Recurring instances of mild fever along with the pain.
3. Abnormally enlarged joints turning red in colour, resulting in intense pain.
4. Stiffness in the joints
5. Significant increase in the pain in low-temperature conditions
6. Being severely tired and experiencing an alarming decrease in weight
If rheumatoid arthritis is not diagnosed immediately, it might lead to future complications, such as blood cancers in the lymph nodes, osteoporosis (a medical condition resulting in brittle bones), infections, blockages in and gradual stiffening of the arteries. The treatment of rheumatoid arthritis includes:
- Prescribed dosage of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen and Naproxen will help. Anti-rheumatoid drugs and steroid drugs such as ‘prednisone’ help in the reduction of inflammation and pain. The medication will be prescribed depending on the severity of the condition.
- Performing regular exercises in order to maintain the flexibility of the joints with due consultation from the physiotherapist.
- In extreme conditions, the doctor might suggest surgeries which include:
- Complete replacement of the joint with a metal prosthetic
- Repairing of tendons if the tendons are severely affected
- Synovectomy which will remove the damaged portion of the joint
- Joint fusion which will readjust the joint and reduce the pain