Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Unexpected or abnormal vaginal bleeding usually refers to the kind of bleeding that occurs any time outside of the normal time of menstruation. Also termed as spotting, inter-menstrual bleeding or metrorrhagia, bleeding between periods always calls for extra measures to be taken against it, and is a matter of serious concern. The primary causes for unexpected vaginal bleeding generally are:
- An imbalance of progesterone and estrogen levels triggered by a variety of causes like thyroid gland problems, dysfunctional ovaries and irregular doses of birth control pills, which may eventually lead to spotting. However, one must take note of the fact that hormonal contraceptives, in many cases, may cause abnormal bleeding for the first few months, after which it always subsides.
- Noncancerous growth such as uterine fibroids are also potential causes of spotting or abnormal bleeding.
- Miscarriages, ectopic pregnancy, and other kinds of complications involved during childbirth can cause abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Infection of reproductive organs caused due to intercourse, vaginal douching, pelvic inflammatory disease, or STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) may lead to bleeding and inflammation.
- Cancer of the vagina, uterus, cervix, or ovaries, albeit extremely rare in nature, may cause abnormal bleeding of the vagina.
While in most cases, this type of bleeding is naturally corrected, some women might need to undergo treatments when the case is severe. Overlooking an otherwise minor issue might thrust you in the face of life-threatening circumstances, if it develops into a case of cancer, infection, or any other type of disorder.
‘Prevention’ of vaginal bleeding, as such, is indeed a narrow possibility and the measures will almost always vary since the factors that cause intermenstrual bleeding aren’t the same in all cases. However, what your doctor will always advise you in this regard will be to ensure that your diet is balanced, your weight under control and your lifestyle is essentially healthy. If you happen to be on birth control medications, be so while adhering to medical instructions. Resorting to taking aspirin doses often might also influence the incidence of such abnormal conditions. If your pain still persists after you experience unexpected bleeding, you must consult a doctor without any further delay.
Protected Sex on 27th April, Took ipill on 30th morning for extra safety, Due Date was 3 May for periods but didn't receive till now. Please help! Chances of getting pregnant or should I take tablet or wait? Help me please!
Here is a list of problems that can arise due to sedentary living.
1) lower back problems - you should always remember to keep your back straight while sitting for long time periods with arms bent at right angles and flat feet. A slouched back can result in herniated lumbar disks and stiff psoas muscles.
2) decreased brain function - sitting at one place for a long time without breaks adversely affects the performance of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (or bdnf), a process which is responsible for the discharge of protective genes and mood-enhancing chemicals by pumping fresh blood and oxygen to the brain. This in turn results in a foggy brain which leads to reduced concentration levels, forgetfulness and confusion.
3) blood clots - it has been proven that sitting at a desk or couch for a long time period can lead to severe deep vein thrombosis (dvt). Obese people are all the more vulnerable to the threatening condition which occurs as a result of reduced blood circulation.
4) chronic organ diseases - a sedentary lifestyle greatly reduces the fat burning capacity of the body and decreases blood flow; heightening the risk of fatty liver disease, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments, digestive problems and clogged arteries.
5) misalignment of the skeleton - when you sit at your desk for long hours, your posture is bound to suffer as you tend to slouch with humped shoulders and a craned neck. This eventually leads to permanent misalignment and repetitive stress injuries.
6) muscular degeneration - the less you use your muscles, the faster they degenerate. Sitting around for too long greatly weakens your abdominal muscles, upper and lower spine, neck and shoulders.
If you have any further questions on how you can lead a healthier lifestyle, ask me by clicking on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am 21 years old. I am a girl. I am dating a guy presently. I am virgin. I am scared if I hav sex with him. I can have health related issue. So what should I do. What precautions can I take to protect myself from diseases due to sex?
My wife is suffering from heavy beading for 6 years. We also check up gynocologist. But no result. Also check up test for blood, urine & thyroid. All is normal. She give prescription 3 months, folik acid, iron, calcium tablet & syrup. But no result. Period time is 10 days. Please give me suggestion for stop heavy beading.
My wife is 7 months pregnant. i do sex with her everyday. Is it ok or it would have problem in pregnancy? Please advise.
I am 7+ weeks pregnant. My weight is 80 KGS. Please suggest some diet chart so that I can maintain proper weight for my baby.
My periods get delayed because of doing yoga-maharasanam before doing yoga my periods is regular after doing yoga only my periods get delayed what should I do.
I got married 2 years back. My age is 30 and wife is 26. My sexual life has reduced suddenly. At some particular week we had stopped having sex due to health issues. After that even one time having sex in a week is Rare. Before that we will have sex regularly 4 to 5 days a week. We had a baby one year old. We are using condom now during our sex to avoid pregnancy. But if we use condom we feel more discomfort and not interested for having sex. So we need some alternate suggestions to improve our sex life.
My girl friend is 25 yrs old. She had cysts on left ovary. She had operation (laparoscopy). 90% of that ovary removed. Now after 2 yrs it seems like right ovary also has cysts small one. Now recently her period stops for 3 months. And she noticed that a small tumour like feeling on her waist (don't know it is related to that cyst or not). But both the cysts were investigated and it is non cancerous. Please suggests something. Waist tumour like something has no pain.
Hello myself pregnant with 14 weeks and had chronic hypertension. Myself on depin retard 20 since pregnancy one time only. Bt last week doctor got bp like 160 so he changed the medicine to prehnasafe which has 100mg labetolal. He prescribes it gor two times for 15 days. I am very much nervous though taking medicine and heard its safe in pregnancy. I do not want any harm with my baby. Mvvery much tensed. Myself 32 years old. I want my baby safe and dound on this earth. My only problem is bp shoots sometime. And in doctors chamber its much. Please advise me. Is two times labatolal the lowest dose. I want actually one time. Thank you Lybrate.
Hello Doctor. While making love I rubbed vagina of my girlfriend, I may have also inserted fingers inside. She is virgin. I never inserted penis and it was always very far from vagina. But I may have sperms on my hand but not a lot in amount. Can my girlfriend become pregnant just by this. What are chances of pregnancy. We are very worried. She also has PCOS.
I am 25 years old. My partner touched his penis on my vagina for sometime without any penetration .We dint have sex. My periods are 14 days late now. I tested wth home pregnancy kit after 7 days and 14 days of missed period. It came negative. I do get menstrual light cramps but not getting periods. I have no other pregnant symptom also. How can I get the periods? And this confirms that I am not pregnant?
My wife is 6.5 week pregnant and no heart beats are seen yet, 2 months earlier she has gone through a miscarriage followed by a curating and heart beats were seen that time at 6.4weeks. This time we meet the Dr. at 5.1week and he call us after one week, when we visited the Dr. the size was 158mm and the week was showing 6.5 instead of 6.1week, the doc is saying you can't keep baby for 6 months after curating, so he is saying I can't say anything, please guide me.
My friend didn't get her periods from 2 months she checked pregnancy test with the help of prega news then we got to know that she is not pregnant she has problem of irregular periods please help please we are very tensioned about that she has this problem from many years.
My sister had a operation of spleen her spleen got removed what precautions should be taken now after operation?
Wat things to be eaten during pregnancy and wat exercises one should do during this period. Give some tips.
Kegel exercises are simple contraction-and-relaxation exercises that make the pelvic muscles stronger. The pelvis area holds a person's genitalia, which contains a series of muscles and tissues that work in coordination and combination to perform sexual and bowel functions. A set of weak pelvic muscles would lead to issues such as the inability to control bladder and bowel functions.
Finding the right muscles can be troubling. An easy way to locate these muscles would be to place a clean finger inside the vagina and tighten the vaginal muscles around it. Another way would be to stop urinating mid-flow. This is because the pelvic muscles, which pertain to sex, help to control this action too. Once a woman finds the right muscles, all she has to do is to contract and relax them periodically.
Kegel exercises are highly beneficial for sexual functions in a number of ways. Some of the benefits include:
- Kegel exercises help to control stress incontinence, which is a condition that causes spontaneous discharge of urine when abdominal pressure increases suddenly. This means a person would leak urine when he/she laughs, coughs, jogs, sneeze or lifts anything weighty.
- Kegel exercises also help to prevent urge incontinence, which has been described as a sudden and strong urge to urinate. In a healthy bladder, the muscles remain relaxed as the bladder progressively fills up. As the bladder finally fills up, a person gets the urge to urinate. In case one has urge incontinence, the bladder might feel full even if it is not. Kegel exercises help to strengthen these muscles and recover control.
- Kegel exercises can be particularly helpful after childbirth. This is so because pelvic muscles stretch and weaken during childbirth, which can cause problems such as urinary incontinence and can also cause the muscles to sag. In these cases, Kegel exercises are helpful.