Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Siddhesh R. LomateYour feedback matters!
During an intercourse I tend to reach an orgasm very quickly. It gets difficult to hold and my partner is not satisfied. What should I do?
Hi .I want to gain my weight. It's not not properly growth. My weight remain 45 since last two years? What can I do for gain weight? please give me effective solution. I take feed 4 times in day!
My brother has severe motions. It is not in control. No medicines are curing. I hope you will cure the disease. please help me sir.
I want to grow my height my age 29 and my height is 5" 1' which is best way to grow my height. Thanks.
I know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
I AM HAVING LOW HEAMAGLOBIN LEVEL 9.2 WHAT IS NATURAL FOOD WHICH INCREASE HB VERY FAST I GET MOTION LOOSE WITH IRON PREPARTION
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
Let's look at some of the primary causes of onycholysis:
- Frequent Trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure Problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water Immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin Diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to Nail Glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again.