Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shweta
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShwetaYour feedback matters!
My daughter suffering from thyroglossal cyst it was removed by surgery ,bone also removed now she suffering from sinus at the same area & there are some discharge also. So what can I do now? She is 7 years old and 24 kg.
My mom is thyroid patient and her cough is going on increasing day by day as she had eaten crud day before yesterday, she had also taken two times oxygen due to breath problem, she is also have a blood pressure. Please tell me how she will be cure and tell me the best medicine.
Hi Dr. I am 31 years old female. One month before I lost my son during delivery as it was preterm labor and true knot. There is fibroids in posterior side equal to egg size my Dr. said I got preterm labor due to this egg size fibroid. Now she has given me medicine named fibristal 5 mg. Before starting to take this medicine just wanted to know whether this medicine can cure my egg size fibroids. please advice.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with your doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
myself Dr. Vanshaj Goel practicing in Crossing Republic, Ghaziabad. Today I am going to talk about Sinusitis. Sinusitis is a inflammation of tissue lines. Healthy tissues are filled with air but when they become blocked and filled with fluids jumps grow and causes inflammation. Causes of sinusitis is common cold, allergic rhinitis, nasal polyp and deviated septum. Types: acute sinusitis, usually start in, start with cold like stuffing of nose or runny nose and facial pains. It can start suddenly, last four weeks. Subacute sinusitis usually six to eight weeks. And chronic sinusitis symptoms start from last twelve weeks. Who get it? Lot of persons about 35 millions have sinusitis a year, every year.
It basically because of swelling of nose, running nose, stuffed nose, blockage of nose or narrowing of nasal duct. Structure of narrowing of duct. Nasal polyps is a common symptom for sinusitis. Weak immune system. Common causes of sinusitis in children are allergies, illness from the kids, other kids at day-cares and schools. Smoking is the commonest factor for sinusitis. In acute sinusitis, facial pain, stuffing of nose, runny nose, loss of smell, cough and congestion. You can also facing fever, bad breath and dental pains. You may have greenish yellow nasal discharge. Chronic sinusitis, if it occurs last twelve weeks, there are blockage of nose, pus from naval cavity, fever, running nose. There is deviated nasal septum also occurs.
The commonest homeopathic medicines for this is Bryonia, Spigelia, lambda minora, Belladonna, Nux vomica. You can prevent yourself from sinusitis, don’t smoke, avoid persons that smoke, wash your hands, especially when you’re suffering from cold or flu. Stay away from the things that you know are, they are allergic for you. Thank you. If you want to consult, you can consult via lybrate.