Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta Pathari RapteYour feedback matters!
I am having some problems with my teeth. I can't eat food of my choice nowadays. My teeth are so weak. It bleeds every time I chee any hard food material. So do you have easy and goof solution? Please reply soon.
Hi sir I have a dental issue as last 6 year ago I used to ache on tooth but it comes in each 6 month whenever I take bite of food from this tooth it gets ache for 7 days so I avoid to take food from this and it's also giving pain to other tooth which connected with that so what should I do is RC is the only option but it's took expensive and painful so any solution?
Homeopathy for bad breath
Bad breath is caused by problems of the teeth or gums or indigestion or chronic respiratory diseases. The cause should be sought and treated very fast as it is a real problem with many people. With properly matching the symptoms homeopathy address the causes of bad breath.
I have blackish spots on the front-bottom and back side of teeth....i'm 20 year old & smoking frequently...how can i get rid of those black spots? i'll be great if i get your concerns.
Doctor mere mouth me chhale pad jate hai bar bar iski vajah pata nahi chalti muje please muje koi ilaj bataiye.
My wife suffers regularly from mouth ulcers. Whats the remedy? Pl suggest long term remedy. What precautions should she take? She was a patient of Ovarian cancer in 2011. NOW SHE IS PERFECTLY ALRIGHT.
Black dots are formed on my friend teeth, is there any way to remove them naturally? thanks in advance.
Sir, I have wound in my mouth and tongue, what is the reason? Any vitamins problem This wound come monthly.
Which foods and drinks containing sugar cause tooth decay? In my teeth every morning blood is coming automatically.
Hello, My Son is 14 months old and not a single teeth has come. What should I do is there any treatment? Please Reply.
I have pain in my teeth and consulted doctor and he has examined the same and suggested to go for RCT followed by capping. Price quoted was 4500 plus 5000 for capping separately. Please advice if the rates are genuine. Thanks ,
He have pan gutkha habit now he's mouth didn't open fully only singel finger going inside that's much only open pls tell some ideas.
Sir I am 24 year old my mouth small open but gutka eat but kuch tablet bataye jisse my mouth full open.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.