Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShushmaYour feedback matters!
At some point of time we all go through a rough patch and these are the times when we suffer from certain disorders. In slightly more medical terms, sexual disorder is known as sexual dysfunction. Sexual disorders are health conditions that could surface in both males and females. This not only acts as a hurdle in the path of an alternative understanding of sexuality, but also deters spontaneous reporting of sexual problems.
Patients largely feel the need to redress such problems; the fear of being ridiculed or being mocked deters them continually. Another way of approaching the problem and its subsequent treatment is to identify the factors leading to its development. Your way of life plays an eminent role in deciding the quality of your health. You may seek help from a professional to bring about fruitful changes in your lifestyle.
Sexual disorders can be categorized as follows:
- Desire disorders: It often happens that a male or a female repeatedly feels laidback about indulging in sexual activity. The problem could be persistent in general or it could be directed towards a single partner. You may or may not develop this condition all of a sudden. Low levels of estrogen in females and low levels of testosterone in males are known to lead to such sexual irregularities.
- Sexual arousal disorders: Females at an older age or after childbirth often suffer from a sexual arousal disorder. The condition could also be found in young adults. It is characterized by a dry vagina and the lack of pleasure during foreplay or intercourse. Amid males this problem is prevalently known as erectile dysfunction. A man might not be able to enjoy physical contact with his partner. Men usually face difficulties in having a proper erection. The male organ in such a case is only partly erected.
- Sexual orgasm disorders: If you are on certain medications or have been experiencing frequent bouts of anxiety, attaining climax can be a headache. Patients of this disorder either fail to have an orgasm or it is extremely delayed.
- Sexual pain disorders: Pain disorders are more common in women. In most cases, painful intercourse is the result of lack of arousal. If the vagina is not sufficiently lubricated, a woman might experience severe pain. Pain can also be the symptom of a serious underlying disease like vaginismus. A medical condition where a man faces painful erection due to excess accumulation of blood in the penis is referred to as priapism.
10,000 test buds on your tongue.But some older adults only have about 5,000. The number of taste buds starts decreasing after the age of 60. Salty and sweet tastes are usually the first to go, with bitter and sour lasting longer. Smoking also kills taste buds.
Hello doctor. I want to know that conceiving women can eat jaggery or not? I mean it will harm her or not?
A tumor may be defined as an abnormal unwanted growth of tissue in any part of the body. This word need not immediately cause panic because the tumor may or may not cause a health threat. There are three types of tumors:
- Benign tumor: This is a noncancerous type of tumor. In our body, new cells are formed while the old ones called dead ones are disposed by our immune system. When this disposal of cells does not occur, the remaining dead cells form a lump, which is called a benign tumor. They are not dangerous since, they do not contain harmful fluids and do not spread. A person suffering from a benign tumor in the brain may have frequent headaches.
- Pre-malignant tumor: It is an initial disorder, or an earlier symptom of cancer manifestation. The inclination of this medical condition is that it will progressively become precarious. This is so because it is capable of conquering neighboring tissues and spreading as well. Leukoplakia is a form of premalignant cancer. They evolve as thick white patches inside the cheeks or on gums below the tongue. These patches are very difficult to be scraped off from the mouth. They are caused mainly due to chewing tobacco and smoking, and if left untreated can expand.
- Malignant tumor: These are the cancerous tumors, in which cells multiply abnormally and rapidly. They are unstable and travel along bloodstream, circulatory system and lymphatic system to other parts of the body. Sarcomas and carcinomas are the most common types of malignant tumors. While the former is related to connective tissues the latter is related to organs and glands.
The most common procedure to name the type of cancer is to refer to their site of origin. Adenocarcinoma, refers to cancer in the adenoid glands. Similarly, a benign tumor of fatty tissue is called lipoma, where as a malignant tumor in the same area is referred to as liposarcoma.
What is a biopsy? How does it relate to a tumor?
A Biopsy is a medical procedure practised by qualified medical practitioners. This procedure helps in identifying the type of tumor within a patient. It aids the doctor to conclude the type of treatment to be given to any patient. This procedure is a definite diagnosis to the identification of cancer. A Biopsy is the removal of a sample of the abnormal, unwanted tissue for laboratory examination. Biopsies are of different types, and they may be performed using ultrasound, CT scan or MRI depending on where the tumor is.
- Excisional biopsy: In this method the entire lump of excess tissue is removed.
- Incisional biopsy: Here a sample of the abnormal tissue is removed surgically.
- Needle aspiration biopsy: Here the sample is extracted with the help of a needle.
After extraction, the tissue layers are sent to pathological departments to check their composition, and cause of disease.
I got married in June 2014. After marriage due to some fear of sex my wife can not penetrate my penis in her vagina with her hand. Also some family problem we can not do the intercourse continuously. That time my wife mc was also not regular. That time my all sperm not went to vagina. But now my wife do the sex properly means fearless. Also her mc also regular my all sperm going to vagina . My semen report also normal . My wife penetrate my penis in her vagina this is normal. Also we are doing sex properly from the last three month. We require any treatment. Or we will get good news after some few month. Please reply.
Is combiflam tablet harmful for health ? Also which is good pain relief tablet available in market ?
Please suggest me a medicine to delay the periods as I have to go to a religious place and how many times it till to taken and for how many days? My periods will start from 16th.
My pack will be ending the day after tomorrow. If I got withdrawal bleed after that. Does it mean I am safe. I was on pills from june. And I missed the last pill of june which I took next day along with the last pill. Then I was out of town for 6 days on which I had menses from 5-8 july. On july 8 at 11 pm I started with the new pack. 9th july had protected intercourse with same condom for three rounds. Do not know if he ejaculated or not Since then I have not missed a pill. Since I have taken that 6 days break after missing the pill and was not sure about the condom I got nervous. Took a test yesterday and few days earlier both were negative. M I safe. When should I take home pregnancy test to get accurate results?
Is IUI has been a business for doctors? I think they have made the criteria to do at least 3 cycles of IUI unnecessary ily. How many examples are there who succeeded in first IUi?
I and my girlfriend had protected sex on 2nd Feb. But I rubbed her without protection for 5-10 seconds. She had an ipill for safety under 24 hours. She had her withdrawal bleeding on 8th of February for 4 days. Now it is 15 April and she has not got her periods. Done urine test thrice with 7 days interval. All are negative. Please help. We are very tensed. Is she pregnant?
I am 22 years old unmarried girl. I have been on irregular periods from jan 2015. Only when I take tablets I get my period that too not normal very little bleeding. I was supposed to get my periods on jan 29 but I didn't so I consulted a doc took tabs then I got my period on feb 12 which lasted only for 2 days with very little bleeding. I have done thyroid test too which came out to be normal. Later I didn't get my period in march again I took tab then I got in april. Its like only when I take medicine I am getting my period which lasts only for 2 days with very little bleeding. My stomach is bloated and I get period cramps but I don't get my periods. I never had irregular periods this is the first time. I went through net then it was showing symptoms of ovarian or other type of cancer. Is there any possibility or doubt that may be I have any type of cancer? please do reply I am really worried. Thank you in advance.
When she get physical she get ache inside vagina. And she experience so much pain when she go to toilet for urine. She feels that she wants to go to toilet after 5 min. Pls give solution sir.
Infertility: Causes and Treatment
I am Dr. K.D. Nayar. I’m a senior consultant and head of the department at Akanksha IVF center, Mata Chanan Devi Hospital. This center is there since 2002, more than 15 years. Right now we’re doing almost 700 to 800 IVF cycle every year with the success rate of 40 to 45 percent. Basically, infertility is affecting nearly 15 percent of the population that means one in every six couples is infertile and when we look at the causes of infertility 30 percent is reason because is in the wife, 30 percent is in the husband and 30 percent causes are in both the husband and wife and 10 percent are unexplained. Whenever we get a patient with infertility we have to first investigate them and find out what is the cause of infertility.
Generally speaking 5 percent of the patients land up in the IVF cycle. In a IVF cycle, before starting IVF cycle we have to check the husband’s profile, husband’s seminal traces, whether the husband got any problem in ejaculation or erection. He must be able to produce a normal semen sample. Once we have the husband’s profile then we will investigate along with that we investigate the wife and then we start the IVF treatment.
IVF treatment, basically we give injection to the wife, around 10 to 12 days to produce more number of eggs. We monitor her with ultrasound; see how the follicles are growing. Once the eggs are ready we take out this eggs through a very small procedure through vagina only, no cuts. We take out the eggs at the same time we take the husband’s semen, put them together in a dish, fertilize it. All this process is being done in our IVF labs.
If the husband’s semen count or motility is poor then we can catch hold of one sperm individually and inject into egg itself this is called ICSI. Once we have mixed these sperms and eggs, we leave it in the incubator and observe the further process of fertilization. We check next day they become two cell, day two they should become four cell and so on, they’re growing.
Generally speaking, we like to take them to day five when they become blastocyst and then we have the transfer. Embryo transfer is also a very simple procedure, done without anesthesia. It hardly take 3 to 4 minutes. So, that will be the most vital step in the procedure and patient has to be reassured that there is no pain limitation. There is no obligation to the patient, there is no side effect to the patients general health. Once we do embryo transfer there after 15 days we check whether this embryo is implanted or not. That is a brief summary of the ideal procedure IVF or ICSI which we are doing generally in our center.
You can contact me through lybrate or you can call me directly at my number which is 9810398765. Our whole team is there to help you in your endeavor to achieve pregnancy.
Hello sir, In this cycle 2 days after intercourse I got bleeding with urine and pain that time, So I consult to the doctor. He give me medicines and 12 injection then I am fine, but after there is some white liquid always comes from my vagina and also itches. Now I miss my period 4 day before today, I have always regular period also check my home pregnancy kit to confirm, but result is negative. Am I pregnant? What should I do? Should I take medicines to get my period.
Yoga stimulate pressure receptors in skin which in turn ramp up brain and body's vagal activity, as it plays a role in hormone production and release
Ovarian cancer takes place when the cells in either of your ovaries have an abnormal growth. The ovaries are two small organs, situated on either side of your uterus. They deliver female sex hormones and store and discharge eggs (ova) that help a woman reproduce. Ovarian cancer is a serious disease that emerges from various sorts of cells and growths inside the ovary.
Specialists do not know precisely what causes ovarian cancer. Hereditary qualities, for example and other DNA changes, are a danger element for few ladies. Around 10 out of 100 ovarian cancers are thought to be brought about by quality transformations in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes. Women who go through changes due to these carrier genes are more at risk of contracting ovarian cancer.
The earliest symptoms of ovarian cancer are as follows:
- Frequent bloating in the uterus or stomach area.
- Pain in your pelvis or belly.
- Inconvenience while eating, or feeling full quickly.
- Urinary issues, for example, a critical need to urinate or urinating more frequently than expected.
The disease is usually suspected after an ultrasound suggests an ovarian cyst with a specific appearance. If there is a suspicion of ovarian cancer on ultrasound, you doctor may ask for a blood test for markers like CA-125, CEA, AFP, etc.
Treatment options for ovarian cancer:
The decision of treatment and the long-term result for ladies who have ovarian cancer relies upon the sort and phase of cancer they are in. Your age, general wellbeing, personal satisfaction, and wish to get pregnant should be considered. The primary treatment methods for ovarian cancer are:
- Surgery to see whether you have cancer or not and to treat it. This may include taking biopsies to check for the spread of cancer.
- Chemotherapy, which uses medications to kill the cancerous cells. It is suggested after surgery for most phases of ovarian cancer.
- Women who are in a more progressive stage of ovarian cancer may have a portion of their chemotherapy before surgery and whatever is left of it after surgery. This can make the surgery more secure for these women.
- Radiation treatment might be utilized to pulverize the cancer cells with the help of high-measurement X-ray beams or other high-vitality beams.
Side Effects of Treatment Methods:
Most medications for ovarian cancer cause reactions. They may vary, depending upon the kind of treatment, your age and general well-being. Reactions of surgery rely on the degree of your surgery and spread of the disease. In case your specialist removes your ovaries, you lose the capacity to bear children with your own eggs. The option of egg freezing should be discussed before resorting to this step. Furthermore, if both ovaries are removed, it leads to menopausal symptoms.
Symptoms of chemotherapy may incorporate loss of appetite and weight, queasiness, fatigue, vomiting, nausea and hair loss.
One should get regular or annual check-ups done to see if there are problems in any parts of the bodies since natural symptoms of cancer are only visible after a certain stage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.