Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShirishYour feedback matters!
I had Acne problem how to get Relief from pimples and Ruff skin and also having Little scars kindly need suggestions for me Thank you.
I am loosing my hair in mumbai within 4 months lost much of my precious hairs what should I do, using clinic plus on regular basis?
My friend is going for Chemotherapy cause of his Cancer. He went for two sittings and His Hairfall is so much, is there a Way to reduce HairFall or we just have to go Bald?
HI, I am having hair loss. Using tugain 5 solution no stopping of hair loss. Tell me about hair transplant.
Scabies is a type of a skin condition that is characterized by itching and rashes. This dermatological condition is caused by sarcoptes scabiei, a type of microscopic mite. A contagious condition, scabies spreads through physical contact. It usually transmits through clothes, towels, sexual contact and other such ways. An estimate shows that scabies infect over 300 million humans worldwide per year.
This eight-legged microscopic mite creates a tunnel in the human skin and lays eggs in it. These larvae move under the surface of the skin and spread across the whole body, once hatched. Dogs, cats and mice can also be affected by the disease. It usually takes 2-6 weeks for the symptoms to develop. Signs and symptoms of scabies involve itching, rashes, sores and thick crusts on the surface of the skin.
Some of the risk factors of scabies are:
- Scabies spreads through direct, prolonged skin-to-skin contact with a person who has mites.
- An infected person can easily pass scabies to his/her household or sexual partners. Scabies in adults is usually sexually acquired.
- The likelihood of scabies increases easily under crowded conditions which involves close body and skin contact. Nursing homes, prisons, and several types of care facilities are sites of scabies outbreaks.
- Immunocompromised, elderly and disabled people also suffer from an increased likelihood of contracting such.
Complications of scabies include:
- Persistent and vigorous scratching can break the surface of your skin which can lead to secondary bacterial infections. Impetigo, a superficial infection is quite a common occurrence in case of such.
- Crusted scabies is the most severe form of scabies which is common among certain groups. People suffering from diseases such as HIV or leukemia and severely ill people who have weakened immune systems are at a higher risk of contracting this condition. This condition, also known as Norwegian scabies is very contagious and also hard to cure.
Depending on the symptoms and severity of the condition, appropriate medications and creams are prescribed by medical professionals.
Related Tip: "Risks and Complications of Scabies"
Hello Dr. I have many dark spots on my face. Daily, I am getting a new pimple. So, how to I stop the pimples and remove darkspots on my face?
I have a severe scalp psoriasis due to which I have continuous hairfall and formed white and red patches even behind ears. Tried many home remedies and shampoos but to no use. Its very embarrassing what should I do?
Mere face per pimples h unko mitana h.inke dag bhi h .mene bahot se cream ,shop etc. Us e kia leki. Kuchh nhi asar nh hota h.ap mere ko reply do. Ki kis tarah se isse pichha chhudqye .meri age 18 hai?
I am 2 worried about my hairs. Every tym I comb up my hairs it takes off few off my hair. In addition I got a bad habit of always putting my hands in between my hairs will brings down a bunch or 2 hairs with them. How can I decrease my hairfall. Any suggestions plzz.
Good Morning Dr, I am 24 years old male, having a problem of acne and scar marks all over my face. I have been facing the problem of acne since last 5 years and I have also consulted many Dr. but no permanent solution. My face looks very bad because of too many scar marks. My skin is Oily.
Hi I am suffering from psoriasis from 2years used so many medicine but no use wat is the best way to cure of the disease I used homeopath also but no use.
Please suggest better medicines for yeast infection. Some say usage of pure coconut oil may solve the issue. Only very minor itching occasionally and very slight burning sensation at times during urination, Please suggest remedies.
I am very very tensed and depressed since the last 2, 3 months. I spend hours sitting and thinking about even very small problem, due to this, I m unable to concentrate on my work and I also noticed that my hairs are falling and some startimg to white. I m 23 old. It is not right for my age. What kind of natural foods and exercise do you suggest to resolve these problems?
I have pimples on my face, pimples left dark spots. I had already taken so much of treatment from different doctors but it can't work, please tell me what to do?
I am 19 years old and I'm having a rapid hair fall, can you suggest me with suitable precautions to be taken to decrease my hair fall.
I am facing hairfall problems, since 2008 when i moved to Ahmedabad this started. Its not even with my parents or my ancestors. kindly advise
I have black spots as well as pimples on my chek. I used scar removed cream for 3 month but did not change. What should I do.
All of us have dealt with Acne at some point of time and especially at time when we needed it the least. Remember, the day before the presentation or your best friend's wedding. In order to get rid of acne, one needs to have clear skin as fast as possible. There are both natural methods as well as medicated methods using medicine and chemicals to treat it.
Once one has acne, one must keep their hair and hands away from acne, as the touching of acne will take the germs to the other exposed parts. Since acne is caused by oil and bacteria one must use an oil-free face wash which contains salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is anti-bacterial and helps removing away dead skin cells that can clog your pores.
- One should use hand held facial brush to decrease the skin leaving behind less oil and bacteria and thus, cleaning the clogged skin pores. Usage of oil-free foundation containing salicylic acid prevents base makeup from contributing to new pimples.
- When new pimples pop up, one must treat it with anti-inflammatory ingredient that blasts blemishes. If one has a bright red blemish, then one must use a hydrocortisone cream which helps relieve redness and inflammation.
- One can also reduce the swelling by holding an ice pack against the trouble spot and then use the hydrocortisone cream.
- One must not pick one's face in case of acne, as it will only result in a scar. If one already have a blemish wound, one must apply a hydroquinone-based cream to the area to help lighten the spot.
- Lemon juice is a natural astringent, which when applied directly on the acne, kills off the bacteria clogging the pores. It also has natural lightening powers that reduces the redness of acne.
- Tea tree oil reduces skin irritation and acne. One can coat the acne with some tea tree oil after washing the face twice daily for the best results.
- One must avoid milk, chocolates, sweets, desserts, cakes, fat and oil to prevent acne.
- The egg white help to get rid of acne fast and overnight. One should apply the egg white and apply to the acne before bedtime and leave it overnight. On washing the face with water next morning, one can see that acne has dried up.
- One can remove acne by putting little honey and leaving it overnight. Honey kills skin bacteria and makes the skin glow.
- Baking Soda is the most powerful method to get rid of acne. One should make a paste of a teaspoon of baking soda with water and put it on the acne. On washing the face after three hours, one can see that acne has dried up.
So, the next time when the acne pops up just before the occasion, just use any of these methods and get rid of acne in a jiffy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.