Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Shekhar PatilYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from sleeplessness. I think it is insomnia. What is insomnia. What should I do to get rid of it.
Hi, I am 30 year old male with a L5 disk slip 3 months back. Weight 85 kg. I have been experiencing continuous numbness in my right thigh. Please suggest if I need to go disc hernia surgery.
I have pain in brain near temporal bone from 10 days. I cant sleep at that side. I have migraine also. But this pain in continuous from 10 days. Help me.
Hi sir, I have small problem like migraine and health problem headache and fever how to get rid out off this please help me.
Hello doctor, My mother is suffering from cerebellar ataxia. Is there any treatment is there for this disorder. Doctor says that it cannot be treated. Please help me.
I have been suffering from nerve weakness and sever headache problem so please give me suitable suggestions.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I am 34 years male and I have tingling, burning sensation in my body along with weakness and numbness especially in hands and legs. This is there since December 4, 2016. How much should I be worried? I had done few tests per the physician including blood sugar, TSH, Uric acid, Vitamins-D and B12. My fasting BS is 97 mg/dl, HbA1c is 5.90, Total T3 is 0.96, Total T4 is 10.20, Calcium is 8.80, Cholesterol is 161 mg. DL, Urea is 21.4, Uric acid is 5.80, TSH is 5.56, and Vitamin-D level (D-25 Hydroxy) is 15.34. Kindly let me know what kind of dietary habits I need to follow and what basically should be a healthy lifestyle here in this case. Now, I am having Jneuron (Methylcobalamin Pregabalin), faster (herbal extracts with vitamins, minerals etc.) tablets along with D-rise (this one is once a week). The weakness, numbness seem to be little reduced, but it still persists to some extent along with transient tinglings. I have to also mention that I somehow did not follow a proper lifestyle for last few months like waking up late in afternoon, empty stomach for a long time, delayed meals, food irregularities, less veggies, too much tea etc. Kindly suggest, if I need to be concerned and any further tests if required to rule out some larger possibilities. Thank you.
I am 68 years old. I feel a sensation and mild numbness under the right big toe, though I can move all toes and walk comfortably.
My friend is 21 years old female with a 2 years old child. Recently she is diagnosed with astrocytoma grade tumor in her spinal cord. Her left leg has become numb, almost paralyzed. Please suggest the best treatment for her.
I had cervical laminectomy 1 and half month ago. My left arm is more weak after operate and now from today there is numbness also. Also somewhat numbness is in left leg 3 fingers. Why is it happening? How to cure What to do now?
Hello Sir, My name is rinkal and I am a breastfeeding mother of 1.3 years baby. I am suffering from headache since December 2015. And I am having a problem of depression after my father's death I July 2015. I became angry and nervous which cause my hands and lips shiver. Due to this I became week also. I have loose too much weight and forgotten to smile, and to talk to others.
My mother has 8 mm brain tumor and she is also heart patient with pace maker and sugar. Her age is 65 So is it possible to operate ?And what is the cost of whole treatment?
I have been suffering from severe head aches as soon as I get up in the morning. The ache starts in my occipital region and it spreads to the frontal region within few hours. It is sure not migraine. But why do I keep suffering from it?
My friend met with an accident on Saturday night due to blood clot in central part of the brain, he is in deep coma right now since that day. Please help me know he can be recovered.
Daily between 10: 00 am to 10: 45 am there is a urge of hunger with shivering of my whole body specially face, hand and I got stuck I can not even think anything with my brain, I take breakfast at 7: 00 am daily, my sugar level is under 100. please help me what to do, why it isbhappening.
I have old migraine problem I used different medicines but no use I went for many doctors but no benefit.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.