Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shekhar O SuradkarYour feedback matters!
Eating well is one of the secrets to a long and healthy life. To be able to sustain yourself in the long run, without falling prey to life threatening diseases and degeneration of the body and its functionality, one must invest well in nutrition. So how can you eat to live forever and sustain a healthy eating habit? Here are a few elements that you should add to your diet - pronto!
- Omega-3: Fish and nuts have the maximum omega three fatty acids, which are known as an anti-aging ingredient that everyone must add to their daily diet. Have a helping of baked or grilled fish for dinner with a smattering of green vegetables and carry dry fruit or nuts wherever you go to get a dose of omega three every time you are hungry for a quick snack. Raisins, walnuts and flaxseed are also great sources of this element.
- Fibre: Get a good dose of digestive fibres with each meal and every time you snack. These fibres collect all the toxins and flush them out of the system which can prevent a host of disease from GERD to acidity and even cancer. It is also a well-known ingredient that helps you maintain a steady blood sugar level. Lentils, legumes, barley, fruits and berries, in particular, are all great sources of fibre.
- Go Slow: Doing it in slow motion is the key to longevity - chewing, swallowing and savouring, that is. Studies have shown that many centenarians are in the habit of eating a low calorie diet really slowly so that they feel full faster. This practice is especially prevalent in the Far East. So, take time out for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Learn how to enjoy your own company and get used to eating slowly.
- Healthy Fats: Did you even know that there is such a thing as healthy fats? Well, now you do. So get a load of healthy fats that can be found in pistachios, almonds, olive oil and other such ingredients which can actually help in combating the build-up of excessive blood lipids which can lead to high cholesterol and even diabetes.
- Protein: Take in a serving of protein every single day. Not only will it give you energy, but it will also help in building good bone and muscle strength which will keep you active longer. This ingredient can also ensure that there is less cellular damage as you grow older, which eliminates pesky problems like weak knees and fractures. Eggs, fat free milk and other such ingredients contain good protein.
So pile the above ingredients high to enjoy a long and healthy life!
I am 21 years old. I often get stomach pain on the 10th day of my menstrual cycle. Please let me know the solution.
I m 28yr unmarried girl, my periods were always regular but this time its not come on due date and after passing 10 days from due date it still not come. No sexual relation ship, what to do?
My wife is 28weeks pregnant. From the last 48 hours she doesn't feel any movement in the womb. Is any concern about it.
I have a wife and she delivered a baby for us, can I suck her breast milk and drink? Is there any risk in doing so? And can the milk give me health or effect my body and our baby?
I didn't miss my periods but we had intercourse after that every day but I feel morning sickness and vomiting sensation for past 2days May I know whether am I pregnant. I check with test also it's negative.
My Wife , Age-33. We are now in Silchar, Dist. Cachar, Assam, My problem is she feel always weak when at bed time i.E, night. I have 2 child. My daughter age 11 and my son age-3 year. So please suggest me and also give solution.
I have irregular period problems. My last period date is 16-5-2016 after that till 30-6-2016 I have no periods. Further, I have make urine pregnancy test but it shows negative. After consulting with doctor she advised me to take system 200 mg tablet. Subsequently my periods are came on 9-7-2016 but very less bleeding was going and only for 1 and 1/2 days my periods are gone. Kindly guide me I am pregnant because I try for pregnancy from last one year.
I have a doubt about sex. If I will use a condom, but kissing on vagina and sucking breasts will it OK. Or.can I get sexually transmitted diseases. Or HIV?
Hi there. She is 36 years old had lumps in right side breast 4 cm one year back it was 2 cm doc did mammography n scanning he said we ll see after 6 month no medicine nothing wt to do I want permanent treatment. please suggest can it turn in to cancer.
In this new age 'Weight Gain' is the most dreaded phrase when people left and right are obsessed with losing weight by any and every means possible, to look good and achieve an attractive personality.
Let me start with a ridiculous point, weight is NOT equal to fat (a misconception I've observed in my patients). A human's body weight consists of his/her ENTIRE body weight, including weight of internal organs like heart brain etc, bones, water content and MUSCLES.
In this series of sections on Weight gain - We will first talk about Muscle Building its Reason and Importance.
The term muscle is derived from the Latin musculus meaning 'little mouse' maybe because contracting muscles look like mice moving under the skin. Muscle cells contain 'Protein Fibres' of actin and myosin that move against each other producing contraction that changes the dimensions of the cell. Muscle is used to produce force and motion.
This may seem like a small point but is extremely essential. Muscles are responsible for maintaining and changing posture, all external movement as well as internal organ motion e.g. contraction of the heart.
Studies from the CDC have found that muscle-building exercises can also
- Improve Balance, reduce the likelihood of falls
- Improve Blood-sugar control
- Improve sleep and mental health
Gaining muscle mass is not only about looking good, it also has health benefits.
The Importance of Muscles
More Muscle Equals More Strength - The more strength you have, the more physically you're prepared for everyday activities; carrying groceries, lifting kids (or your significant other), and enjoying recreational sports.
- Muscle Helps Control Blood Sugar - DIABETES SUGAR intimidating modern day diseases, yet easily manageable if you can build a healthy body.
- Building Muscle Usually Builds Bone too - Bone density is an important issue, especially among women and the elderly. Building muscles can improve bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
- Building Muscle Helps Manage Body Fat - Gaining muscles boosts your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). that is the amount of energy (fat) you're spending when you're just sitting doing nothing (for all practical purposes). It controls fat gain and prevents obesity and related conditions like Diabetes, Hypertension etc. Strength training is especially important for dieters. When you lose weight, up to a quarter of the loss may come from muscle, which can slow your metabolism. Strength training helps you rebuild any muscle you lost by dieting -- or keep you from losing it in the first place.
Building Muscle Builds Self - Confidence - It plays a critical role in promoting metabolic health, bone strength, maintaining body weight and reduces stress.
I am 27 weeks pregnant. I have low lying placenta. Previously I had c-section 7 years back now I am getting a sever pain in my right side lower abdomen.
My gf is on her periods, hopefully, She is having 70% bleeding according to usual flow, today we noticed that she has blue veins near her areola on both her breasts, what could be the possible reason?
Cashew nuts are extremely nutritious. They are packed with energy, fiber, anti-oxidants, vitamins and various minerals, all of which are essential for the normal functioning of the body. These kidney-shaped nuts are not only delicious but are loaded with tons of health benefits, which are:
1.Dental benefit - The chemicals present in cashew nuts kills gram positive bacteria and other dental afflictions that can cause tooth decay. Cashews are rich in minerals like calcium and phosphate, which are essential nutrients for dental health. They are known to strengthen the enamel of the teeth, and research shows that cashews can remove abscessed teeth although no conclusive evidence has yet been found.
2. Eye health - Zea-xanthin, an important antioxidant, present in small amounts in cashew nuts helps to improve eye health. This antioxidant, which gets selectively absorbed into the retinal macula lutea of the eye (responsible for filtering UV rays), helps to slow down age-related macular degeneration of vision.
3. Weight loss - Although cashew nuts are fat rich food, they help in shedding weight. They contain good fat out of which 75% of is unsaturated. This unsaturated fat provides more energy to the body, which helps in improving metabolism. Thus, it helps in weight loss, if consumed in moderation.
4. Aids in brain function - The human brain depends on two types of fat to function. They are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Cashew nuts contain both of these fats and help in the dual functions of producing brain cells and improving oxygen circulation in the brain, which aids in improving memory.
5. Healthy heart - Cashew nuts are rich in several monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic and palmitoleic acid that help in the proper functioning of the heart. These crucial fatty acids help in lowering the harmful lipoprotein, and in increasing the level of good cholesterol. The monounsaturated fatty acids also help to prevent coronary artery diseases by reducing triglyceride levels.
Ways to Include Cashews in your diet: It is more advisable to much the cashew just as they are. A fried/salty variety adds more calories. You can also use it as a garnish or use it in your shakes or dips (soaked and grinded). Add a few cashews to your bowl of cereal in the morning, or a few steamed ones to your plate of sauteed vegetables.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.