Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Sheethal NaikYour feedback matters!
I am 31 year old and I have two knee pain . I have used some pain relief balm but no result. Should I do?
10 years ago tebia bone fractured in accident now i can bend nee upto 90 degree. i want bend 180 degree mean normal.hawi can do it?
There are three little holes in my knee cartilage that are small but go clear to the bone. If I don't have these treated will they get worse?
Hi . I am suffering from severe pain from heals last 10 days as I am police I should wear shoes at least for 8 hours .plz suggest me.
I am 51 year old male from lat year september onwards I am suffering knee joint pain. I have difficulty in walking and great difficulty in getting out from a chair or bed. Pain will increase if I try to sleep. X-ray shows no damage or eroism. Blood report normal. No sugar doctors fail to give my disease a name or a 5percent helpful medicine. I am non alcoholic. Nobody in my family has similar problem. I got a strong fever about 1.5 year ago suddenly and treated within 7 days. In last 6 month I had about 1000 aloppothi ayurved home tablet. No improvement. Now skin becom dry like a glass n started itching. Latest blood report shqws esr is high n bb is low. Can you advice me about my next step what kind of treatment or doctor can help me
I have pain in my right leg joint while I sit for more than five minutes, I'm facing this from one month and also I tried some pain killer drug but no use, what should I do?
Taking into account the hectic lifestyle we lead, most of us end up suffering from aches and pains. But that does not mean we have to continue to suffer from them. There are plenty of easy exercises that one can follow in order to keep themselves healthy and problem free!
In order to avoid aches and pains, the first thing that a person needs to do is
- Practise hamstring stretches regularly: What this entails is that he or she needs to lie on the back, raise a leg and hold the back of it with both hands. While it may be called the hamstring stretch and one would probably normally think that the beneficial impact of doing it would be limited to the hamstring, it works quite a bit of special magic which has an ability to ease the pain in the lower back. Now, for an exercise which is so simple, is it not worth it?
- Side Stretch: Talking about stretches, another form of a stretch happens to be the side stretch. Even this is rather simple and all that needs to be done is to lie on one’s side and pull the ankle of the leg which is not in contact with the ground towards the back. While this is being done, the ankle of the lower leg should apply pressure on the thigh.
- Straight leg raise: It may seem that most of the exercises which reduce pain are stretches! However, this is not really the case as there is a place for exercises such as the straight leg raise and the like. What exactly is the straight leg raise? Well, it can be done when a person is either in a sitting position or is lying on his or her back. The toes are to be kept pointed upwards and the leg is to be raised. It is to be kept in mind that the challenge of the straight leg raise is that the knee should not be bent, at all.
- The cat and camel exercise: The terms cat and camel generally refer to members of the animal kingdom. However, jointly, in terms of exercises, the cat and camel is an exercise well worth remembering as it can save the individual quite a lot of pain. All that needs to be done is to alternatively arch one’s back towards the floor and the ceiling while resting on one’s hands and knees.
While our way of living may come with certain side-effects, but it would not be right to say that we are helpless. We need to take charge and make little changes to enjoy a healthy and happy lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Having spondylitis, how to get rid of it as soon as possible? Please tell me exercise and precautions that should be taken by me. As well as diet on which I should focus and follow.
Two years back she was having pain in knees. After sitting she the pain was worst. After seeing a physician we went to a neurologist. He said that certain nerves were pinched after an x ray. She was prescribed pregabalin and some other medicines. After two months she got a fit lasting for a minute only. We stopped that medicine and went to another neurologist. He said that there is no problem with nervous system and that knee pain is due to weight. He advised for a CT scan which was normal. However he prescribed Oxetol 300 mg and 450 mg for 3 years. After one month she was tired with the medicine and stopped. Everything was normal for two years. Then again she was having severe pain in leg. We went to another physician and he gave medicines for neuropathic pain of which pregabalin was a medicine. After using for one month she got a fit during night. This time the duration was even shorter. Both times it happened when she awoke in night and fainted. She told a feeling of anxiety that night before sleeping and told her head went numb or cold. We went to physician. He checked history stopped all medicines only giving oxetol 300mg in the morning and 450mg in the evening. Two months passed and she is fine. Very slight pain in knees also. But the doctor says she had to take this medicine for 5 years. Please advice us. We do not know whether she is having epilepsy or it was side effect of the medicines given for neuropathic pain.
Just started having pain in my entire leg starting from the lower back towards thecentre traveling down to the back of my leg down to my ankle. Which I presume and am sure is sciatica pain .would like to be suggested a homeopathic cure or precaution to prevent it from growing worse and relief pls.
My age is 39 I am a female my question is that I have pain in my left hand for 2 weeks I showed the doctor he prescribed me medicine and also told that if I want to relief immediately then I have to take injection in elbow but I started medicine some days pain was reduced but now again pain started and now two days back I have also pain in right hand what I do should I take therapist help.
My age is 19 years I fell down from stairs and unable to walk nd I got injured. I tried home remedies like turmeric but I did not get relief. Please help me out.
I am suffering from back pain now a days, and 2 years back I am checking with doctor and I am scanning my back structure nd that time doctor said there is no problem with bones, now I days having back pain. I do not know wt can I do. Pls help me for recovery.
I have shoulder joint dislocation. So I could not take up any strenuous work. I am putting on weight. So what can I do to reduce weight?
My mother has fallen back while going 2 washroom and fractured her right upper inn er thigh. She is aged 73 years. Doctors have advised 3 to 4 weeks of bed rest. And she has stress fracture below her left knee. Pls give her some good advice for quick relief. She is unable to bear the pain of the right leg. Pls relieve her of the pain.
Hi, I am experiencing from lower back pain for the past few months. I mean its not extreme but I can understand if I neglect this it would be a major thing in the future. So the pain is on the left side lower back. ALso when I do stretches I notice some kind of pain somewhere at the hip joint. Could you please assist me with this?
I am unable to keep my backbone straight. It has been since many years back. What possible measures I should take.
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention.
Related Tip: "What Does Neck and Shoulder Pain Indicate?"