Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharad Shelar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sharad ShelarYour feedback matters!
Kindly prescribe the names of antibiotics for control the bleeding from anus area. After bleeding feeling severe pain. Please help.
How to remove warts permanently? They reappear in 1 year after being removed by heat treatment. Many near neck and underarms.
I am suffering from fissure last two years without bleeding and the problem is that its swell during periods only. Tight motion or loose motion sometimes. What to do in this case.
Normal skin contains cells called melanocytes. These cells produce melanin, the substance that gives skin its color.
Skin with too much melanin is called hyperpigmented skin.
Skin with too little melanin is called hypopigmented skin.
Pale skin areas are due to too little melanin or underactive melanocytes. Darker areas of skin (or an area that tans more easily) occurs when you have more melanin or overactive melanocytes.
Bronzing of the skin may sometimes be mistaken for a suntan. This skin discoloration often develops slowly, starting at the elbows, knuckles, and knees and spreading from there. Bronzing may also be seen on the soles of the feet and the palms of the hands. The bronze color can range from light to dark (in fair-skinned people) with the degree of darkness due to the underlying cause.
Causes of hyperpigmentation include:
- Skin inflammation (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation)
- Use of certain drugs (such as minocycline and birth control pills)
- Endocrine diseases
- Sun exposure
Causes of hypopigmentation include:
Do you know the sun is making your skin age faster? plus, 5 other reasons behind facial wrinkles
Facial wrinkling occurs when the skin develops creases, folds and ridges. The formation of wrinkles is a normal part of the process of skin ageing. However, certain factors may accelerate the process and lead to premature wrinkling of the face and other parts of the body.
The main causes of facial wrinkling are:
1. Skin ageing: as a person gets older, his/her skin becomes less taut and begins to sag. The production of natural oils and fat in the deeper layers of the skin gets reduced with age, which leads to the formation of wrinkles due to diminished skin elasticity.
2. Sun exposure: constant exposure of skin to the sun causes damage and speeds up the ageing process. The harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun break down collagen and collective tissue fibres, which is the primary cause of premature wrinkling.
3. Skin complexion: due to the absence of melanin, people with fairer (lighter) skin, experience more damage due to sun exposure. This causes them to develop wrinkles much earlier.
4. Facial muscle contraction: repeatedly making the same facial expressions and contraction of face muscles causes wrinkling. Those who constantly frown, smile or squint get facial wrinkles as it leads to reduced skin elasticity.
5. Smoking: smokers are more susceptible to premature wrinkling. This is due to the presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals from the smoke in the bloodstream, which hamper the supply of blood and oxygen to the outer layers of skin.
6. Genetic factors: many people get facial wrinkling as a result of hereditary causes and family genetics.
However, the good news is that facial wrinkling can be prevented through these simple ways:
This is the most effective way of avoiding wrinkles. Keep yourself protected against sun exposure by staying out of the sun as much as possible and wearing sunscreen at all times.
Quitting the smoke
Kicking the habit will show a marked improvement in your skin quality and would help prevent further wrinkling.
Use of moisturisers
Dry skin is more prone to wrinkling. Keeping your skin supple and moisturised prevents wrinkles.
Leading a healthy lifestyle
The combination of following a nutritious diet, drinking plenty of water, getting enough sleep and regularly exercising keeps the skin young and wrinkle-free.
There are several options to improve wrinkles by procedures which include botox, fillers, prp and lasers for skin tightening. The most suitable option can be chosen depending upon the severity and type of wrinkling.
Related Tip: 6 Face Washing Mistakes that are Damaging Your Skin, Everyday!
I am 18 years old girl I have blemishes , dark spot and acne on my face .so what should I do .please recommend me any oriflame facewash which will suit me .my skin is little bit oil and I want to become so please suggest me anything.
Younger and youthful look is something everyone aspires to have. However, with growing age fine lines and wrinkles begin to appear. And it is just not age, stress also is a big contributor today to fine lines, making one look much older than they actually are.
Cosmetic technology has advanced phenomenally over the years to fix these issues in no downtime. Now, people can attain the youthful appearance through procedures that do not require a person to go under the knife, and thus are considered safer. However, the rider here is that these need to be performed only by trained professionals.
Botox is one of the inventions of modern science that has not only helped in dealing with the elimination of lines and signs of aging, but has many other medical benefits in treating multiple health conditions, including migraine, urinary incontinence and eye squints.
Botox's contribution to making one look younger is remarkable. A Botox injection takes a short time to administer and fixes fine lines conveniently and non-invasively.
- Fights Wrinkles: Botox can be used for static as well as dynamic wrinkles in order to make the skin appear more firm. Dynamic wrinkles are the lines that appear only where there is certain facial motion like furrowing the eyebrows and laughing. These can show up as fine lines of the forehead, wrinkled skin between the eyebrows, crow's feet and laugh lines, to name a few. The more prominent kinds of wrinkles are known as static wrinkles which are visible at all times, irrespective of the expression that a person might be wearing. These can be seen as lines that remain etched across the face even when the face is at rest.
- Stops spread of static wrinkles: While Botox can help in freezing the movement of the skin when a person is laughing or crying so that the lines and wrinkles do not appear, it also prevents further spread and deepening of the static wrinkles.
- Areas of face and neck where Botox is used: Botox is primarily administered in the forehead region as it is most effective in curbing the appearance of shallow static lines and other dynamic wrinkles in this area. But a skilled hand can also apply Botox in other areas of the face for firm looking skin. It can be used for treatment of forehead lines, crow's feet or lines around eyes, correction of droop in eye brows, droops at angle of lips, correction of lines in the neck, and to achieve slimmer and well defined jawline.
- Results: The results of Botox treatment lasts for 4-6 months and needs to be re-administered in order to be effective.
There is only one thing to take of: That all these indications for Botox usage in cosmetic dermatology must be done by a skilled and trained dermatologist.