Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sharad ChaturvediYour feedback matters!
My skin complexion is getting dark. Once I was very fair but now its getting dark even I don't go much is sun. Please tell me medicines for it.
I am suffering with prostate problem since 15 years. It has grown to maximum size as per doctor's. Of late I am using homeo medicine Baryta Carb&Conium from the last 10 days. Some how it is showing some good results. I am able to pass urine freely. Can anybody suggest me how many days I have to continue this medicine. If the medicine is continued regularly or can be given any gap? Pl help and also suggest some good medicine if any for my problem to be solved permanently.
I want to increase my IQ power, and want to have good health and turn my skin color white. What can I do?
Hi, I am 30 year female and I have a dark circle problem and my eyes is lokking not good becouse they go little inside.
I go to river regularly for bathing but unfortunately l am having some skin problem ; like small pox, I did not understand what to do, please tell me rectifying process.
Sir I had various skin problems from my childhood days. It started with the bulginess of skin same like a mosquito bite we that it just'pitta' but it wasnt because of particular kind of food after some years it stopped. Den right from 7 th standard I am suffering major acne problem which have destroyed my skin almost. In between I used to have itching at my elbow part and then it grew like pustule but without pus. Now I still have major acne issue and from last 2 years m facing new problem related to hands. My hands get completely dry and rough and in between the finger region and on the palm some red dots appear which cause itching. Please tell me whats it. and get me out of this thing. please help
Meri ma ko legs par neel ka nishan ban jate hai and abhi mere bhi hua hai. and pain bhut hi minor hai. So wt should we do?
I have got too much of rashes on my tummy and on my butt. I have not been carrying. But these rashes has created a big marks on my tummy and sometimes it itches.
I have an oily skin type and I'm suffering for pimples & open pores problem so which face wash and moisturizer & skin care tips should I use to control oil from my face.
I have spots on my face and other parts of body too since 5-6 years now can they go by any medication?
Hello, My father is 55 years old. He has ulcers on his tongue from a long time they come and after some times they are again there on his tongue and they are dark red in color. He is a smoker too and smokes a lot. What can be the reason for the ulcers and what can be done to overcome them?
I have fungal infection since 1 year (tiena cruise) and it get spread on right thigh and now from 15 days my left thigh, thigh corner and inside shoulder some skin redness occurred. I feel the skin gets thin at those points. Earlier I used some steroids but after knowing I have started using Terbinaforce 250 mg, and miconazole tube. But also infection not ended completely and the new problem started of thinning and redness of skin.
I have skin problem. I have to remove darkness in my skin. Please guide me to how to clean darkness. Its very important for me.
Most skin problems develop due to external damage. However, skin problems may also occur due to the internal problems, such as an unhealthy diet and lifestyle issues. One of the fairly common problems is skin pigmentation.
What is skin pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation primarily refers to the change in skin color in patches across the body. These could occur all over the body including your face. Skin pigmentation problems primarily include:
- Hyperpigmentation: The darkening of skin in specific areas
- Hypopigmentation: The lightening or development of paler spots on the skin.
Both of these disorders are caused by anomalies in the levels of melanin (the pigment that imparts color to the skin, hair) with either overproduction or underproduction of the pigment.
Primary causes of hyperpigmentation:
Although both problems affect the skin in a multitude of ways, the excess deposition of melanin causing skin darkening is much more common than the hypo-pigmentation variety. Some of the causes of hyperpigmentation are described as follows:
- Sun damage: This is one of the obvious factors that will cause skin pigmentation as sun exposure causes melanocytes or melanin producing cells within the skin to become hyperactive and thus cause dark patches.
- Hormonal issues: Another common issue which results in patches are hormonal changes or issues within the body such as spikes in estrogen or progesterone levels or even problems with insulin.
- Other factors: Diet and lifestyle are also other factors which may cause internal changes that reflect on your skin. Even using certain skin care products and using certain medications can result in skin hyper pigmentation.
Skin brightening techniques:
Some of the common skin brightening techniques that are used to deal with skin hyper-pigmentation are:
- Chemical methods to brighten skin: Chemicals such as peels, exfoliates and other brightening products change the skin color by affecting the epidermis or the top layer of the skin. Some of these medications and products are made with retinol and tretinoin and other chemicals which push vitamin A into the skin to lighten the tone.
- Prevention of pigmentation: The best method to fight pigmentation is to not let it happen in the first place and sunscreen is a great way to go about it. Sun damage is by far the most common cause for pigmentation issues. Also dietary and other lifestyle changes, such as excessive alcohol consumption may cause skin pigmentation. Keep off tobacco and limit your alcohol consumption.
- Use of Mechanical means: Mechanical means, such as dermabrasion (cosmetically removing the skin’s superficial layers), microdermabrasion (removal of dead skin cells from the face) and lasers and other means actually skim away a thin layer of skin to allow for new skin to grow back which results in the elimination of pigmentation.
It is however, advisable that you visit your dermatologist first and then decide on the best course of action to deal with skin pigmentation problems as well as devise a strategy to halt further skin darkening.