Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shantilal ThakkarYour feedback matters!
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
Hi, I have a baby girl of 30 days old. I observed she has problems during poo/still passing. She tries & uncomfortable faces become red. She started move her hand's legs like cycling. & Every 2/3 days she passing still. Another thing, she sucking milk many times at night. Every night she taking milk enough quantity of milk beyond her capacity. Till continue suck. If not given to her she cries & nothing but the nipple can stop her crying. & Many times vomiting milk from mouth & some time from nose. Suppose milk coming out from mouth 10 times/day From nose 3 times/Day. During milk coming out from nose , Seems baby has problems breathing. It's hard see. Bcg & polio given on 13th Aug. DOB 22july Wght 3 kg. Cesarean section Please help me out.
I have 3 month old son and he after birth regularly goes to potty 6 to 7 or sometimes 8 to 9 but I find it normal that time but now i'm getting worried because of it I believe he's growth kind of disturb. His weight is 5.5 kg. Please give me advice it is ok or not and what should I do.
I have delivered twin babies. A boy and girl. Both of them are catching cold very often. Once in 2 weeks they are falling sick. Mostly they have cold in the chest and they cough. We use nebulizer at home. It is effective but once again they catch cold. We are also giving them monticope daily as preventive medicine. Can we do something else to prevent. Could this be due to sweat. Any home remedies we could try or could you advice on how to manage.
I'm 27 year old mother if a nine month old baby girl from Bangalore. Baby has four teeth up and two teeth down, she almost bites me 3 of 5 times when breast feeding, it pains a lot and burns next time when fed. I'm afraid whether she will bite or feed, I tried in quiet room, properly latched her, but same us repeated. Please help me to solve this issue, when I reacted for it, she made a nursing strike for one day, which was more painful than that, please help me.
My baby is 5 days old her skin become yellow when releasing pressure over bones. What to do? She passes greenish stool, her birth wait is 2.8 kg caesarian delivery.
Hi doctor. My baby is 7 days old. After delivery weight is 2.550 kg.how to increase the baby weight. Am really feel about this sir/mam. Please suggest food to increase strength of my breast feed having more breast milk.
My daughter is about 6 years old. She have hearing problem, as per bera test doctors says that the problem will be cleared as her age grown up. But I feel that her hearing ability is constantly getting down. Please give some suggestion. If you want to see beta test report please help.
Usually mothers often feel insecure about their milk production amount and they often feel that their babies aren't getting enough milk, which results in switching to formula feeds, which is not good for their babies in the long run.
This post will help the willing mothers to feed their babies and help as confidence building measure.
1. Milk production gets boosted when mother keep their babies close to body. It provide warmth, bonding, ease tension, etc
2. Proper positioning of baby while feeding is important. You can watch YouTube videos on breastfeeding positions, like CRADLE, CROSS CRADLE, FOOTBALL positions etc.
3. Breastfeeding is a painless procedure,if you are feeling pain,something is wrong.Getting sore nipple,crack nipple are findings of improper attachment.
4. Feed the baby for atleast 20min, it helps baby getting foremilk(watery part of milk) which quench thirst as well as hind milk(thick part of milk) which provides satiety.
5. If baby sleeps while feeding,wake her up by gentle stroking in feet, completely empty your breast otherwise the baby becomes cranky,pass frequent small quantity stools with improper weight gain
6. Passage of urine more than 8 times per day,good sleep in between feeds and proet weight gain are good sign of successful breast feeding.
7. Dont get biased based on advertisement of formula feed in media. They aren't superior to breastmilk in any ways.Breastmilk provide protection against asthma, allergies, blood pressure, heart diseases etc
Millions of children over the world have one thing in common that is they all like to run and play. Usually, this affinity for physical pursuits make them inclined towards sports and other such activities early on in life. But as parents, many of us are worried about how they will support their young bodies and still developing bones and joints as they run, hop, skip, jump and do many other things. Sports injuries are common for children with many cases of fractures and other injuries being reported on a daily basis globally.
So how can we keep our children safe from such injuries? Here is a safety guide:
- Most Common Injuries: Before we get into the prevention mode, it is important to understand the most common injuries faced by children. From strain and sprains to muscle pulls and even fractures, children are susceptible to a host of problems on the sports field. Injuries borne due to repetitive motion, as well as growth plate injuries and heat related conditions are also quite common.
- Organised Sports: The first step that can help in avoiding undue harm and injury to your child is to ensure that the child is enrolled in an organised sports program at school or any other sports academy, so that the energy and skill is being channelled and moulded properly, as there is expert supervision to ensure that the child does not indulge in certain motions and movements which may cause an injury. These sports trainers usually help by observing how the child is doing a certain task on the field and then guide him or her properly, so that it may be done in the correct way to avoid injuries.
- Warm Ups and Cool Downs: For children as well as adults, many injuries happen when the individual has not warmed up or cooled down sufficiently. Cold muscles and joints are most susceptible to sudden falls, injuries and other conditions due to the impact of the sudden and intense movements. The same can be said for cooling down. So, it is important to sufficiently warm up and cool down so that the joints, muscles, ligaments and bones in general, get a chance to get back to normal or to gain momentum in a gradual manner, which is comfortable for the body. The warm ups must not be hurried and should be done without holding one's breath. Also, it is usually recommended that stretching exercises must follow the warm up session before the child begins to run and jump.
- Hydration: Ensure that the child has plenty of water so that he or she may remain properly hydrated during the sporting or training event. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Hi. But she cries for to long till she brings out her food. She almost vomit coz she screams and cry. And lack of sleeps in nights.
If you haven't spent a lot of time around newborns, their fragility may be intimidating. Here are a few basics to remember:
Wash your hands (or use a hand sanitizer) before handling your baby. Newborns don't have a strong immune system yet, so they are susceptible to infection. Make sure that everyone who handles your baby has clean hands.
Be careful to support your baby's head and neck. Cradle the head when carrying your baby and support the head when carrying the baby upright or when you lay your baby down.
Be careful not to shake your newborn, whether in play or in frustration. Shaking that is vigorous can cause bleeding in the brain and even death. If you need to wake your infant, don't do it by shaking — instead, tickle your baby's feet or blow gently on a cheek.
Make sure your baby is securely fastened into the carrier, stroller, or car seat. Limit any activity that could be too rough or bouncy.
Remember that your newborn is not ready for rough play, such as being jiggled on the knee or thrown in the air.
Can we give Iso Plus Isotonic or other health drinks to children? Are their any ill effects of it on children?
Hello my son is 2 years and 7 months old and since he has become active I've have noticed a a couple things he is very hyperactive from the minute he wakes up to the minute he goes to sleep he us very engeriic and all ways moving he can't really sit still for long unless a TV program comes on he is very fidgety and CA be quiet defiant when I tell him off fifth he's doing something he shouldn't be he will cry scream throw him self on the ground he will lash out sometimes f hes tired I think he mite have adhd?
Hey. Today while playing. My 3 years litter nephew has taken a small bottle cap in his mouth and unlucky it entered the mouth through the neck. What to do now sir?
Calcium Supplements like Shelcal ( for elderly) and Calci max suspension(for children) contain Calcium carbonate as one of the main components.People say that one should avoid these supplements as the Calcium carbonate present in these can cause stones after a period of time. If this is true, kindly advise alternate calcium supplements for elderly as well as children which are totally safe.
Dmft is a simple index tool for your dentist to follow and it is very easy to understand by the common patients too.
It is basically a summary of your oral health in a quick way.
It is to observe the number of teeth that are either decayed that is carious or having any periodontal or perapical pathology leading to the discomfort.
To observe how many teeth are missing.
To observe how many teeth are filled or restored.
This will give you an idea about the basic condition of your oral health
It is simple to get checked so visit your dentist today and ask for it.