Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Greeting of the day madam/sir. I am 22 years old male and I am suffering from jaw one side pain from 2 weeks, even am not able to eat food please give me suggestion.
If I go for root canal treatment for front 6 teeth, is there a chance of falling the teeth any time because it looks awkard, whether they will look like artificial teeth. Please suggest me which type of teeth I should go for, which one is long lasting teeth, ceramic teeth is good or else no.
Most of us suffer from some or the other dental problem in our lifetime. Majority of these problems are attributed to tooth decay. Tooth decay or cavities occur when bacteria living in the mouth produce a strong acid that slowly deteriorates the health of the teeth. If left untreated such decays will lead to infection, causing extreme pain and eventually tooth loss. To prevent this, dental fillings are done. Fillings are also used to repair broken or cracked teeth. Here is everything you need to know about fillings.
What is a Dental Filling?
A dental filling is one of the most commonly used methods that can restore the normal functioning and shape of the tooth, which may have been damaged due to tooth decay. These fillings close off the spaces where bacteria can set in and cause further decay. This protects the surrounding tissues too as food and bacteria accumulated in cavities can harm gums too.
Procedure of Dental Filling:
Before a filling session, the dentist will carry out proper assessment of your teeth. Dental X-rays may be used to ascertain the extent of the damage. This can be followed by a procedure with which the dentist will clean out the affected area of the tooth. After the decay has been cleaned out, the cavity will be filled with desired filling material.
Types of Dental Fillings:
There are various kinds of dental fillings. Let us find out a little bit about each kind.
- Gold Filling: These are made in a laboratory before they are cemented in place. These fillings are known to last over two decades thanks to the fact that they are tolerated exceptionally well by the gum tissue. This is also an expensive option, which will require multiple visits to the dental clinic.
- Amalgam Filling: These are also known as silver fillings and are usually an alloy containing tin, silver, and other metals, which bond well with the teeth. Many Dentists today are advising against the use of these fillings as it has been proved that mercury content in these fillings can harm the body.
- Composite Resin Filling: These kinds of fillings are matched to the colour of your teeth for a natural appearance. These are the most commonly uses fillings today as they fulfill most of the criteria we would desire from a dental filling.
- Porcelain Filling: These are known as inlays or onlays. These fillings are used in restorations where a large part of the tooth structure has been lost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
I am 44 years old women. Due to cavity in my molar teeth, I got removed and replaced it by artificial cap. In due course of time, it started paining and gum bleeding while brushing. Would you please help me out.
Madam g meri teeth m keeda lag raha h or mera c.r.p.f m medical h to mai kya kar sakta hu please help me.
My tooth has become greyish black I was observing since 2-3 months but now suddenly it has become dark there is no pain, my tooth is not loose and I can not feel any kind of sensitivity What should I do?
I am 16 year old. I can't eat cold or spicy things. When I eat something like that too much pain in my teeth. What can I do?
I am 54 years old gents. I am having tooth decay problem . Each month I am losing some part of my teeth due to decay . I expect it will finish within next 5/6 years . Why such thing happening and what to do. Shyam sundar Rout - e amil address bonaisgupsng"gmail.Com. Please help me.
Hi I am 31 years old male and facing problem of severe bad breath from last few months. I also visited dentist but it was not a dental problem. Kindly help me out to rectify my problem.
You may need RCT if you have:
1. Pain and throbbing while eating
2. Pain when eating/drinking hot or cold foods
3. Deep cavity which has been ignored for a long time
4. Injury to the face/ jaw in accident cases
5. Colour change/ darkening of the tooth
6. Pus discharge / swelling in the nearby gum