Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shankar
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarYour feedback matters!
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Numerous individuals with gallstones may be asked to go through surgery to remove the gallbladder. These include the following:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: The specialist passes instruments, a light, and a camera through a few little cuts in the midsection.
- Open cholecystectomy: The specialist makes bigger cuts in the belly to expel the gallbladder. You may have to spend a couple days in the hospital after the operation.
- Without getting operated: If you have a mild condition and your specialist feels you shouldn't have an operation, he may recommend medicines like chenodiol, ursodiol, or both. These medications work by dissolving cholesterol stones. One may experience mild loose motions as a side effect.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Problem is mild hepatomegaly and acute enteritis and liver is mildly enlarged in size 16.28 .and she is having pain in stomach and abdominal she is currently taking satrogyl-o and BP medicine and she also have tennis elbow problem and pain in leg .kidneys is normal in size. Please kindly in to this.
IBS or the Irritable bowel syndrome is an indication based diagnosis described by incessant stomach torment, distress, bloating and changes of bowel propensities. The essential side effects of IBS are stomach torment or distress in relationship with continuous the runs or blockage and an adjustment in bowel propensities. There may likewise be earnestness for bowel movements, a sentiment inadequate clearing (tenesmus), bloating or abdominal distension. Now and again, the indications are assuaged by bowel movements.
Individuals with IBS, more ordinarily than others, have gastroesophageal reflux, side effects identifying with the genitourinary framework, ceaseless weakness syndrome, fibromyalgia, headache, spinal pain and psychiatric side effects, for example, sadness and anxiety. About 33% of men and women who have IBS likewise report sexual brokenness commonly as a decrease in libido. Some studies show that up to 60% of people with IBS additionally have a mental issue, regularly uneasiness or misery.
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Fiber: Some evidence proposes that dissolvable fiber supplementation (e.g., psyllium / ispaghula husk) is compelling in the general IBS populace. It goes about as a building operator.
- Antispasmodics: The utilization of antispasmodic medications may help patients, particularly those with issues or the runs.
- Stopping the use of Proton Pump Inhibitors: Proton pump inhibitors which are utilized to stifle stomach corrosive creation may bring about bacterial abundance prompting to IBS indications. Cessation of proton pump inhibitors in choosing people has been recommended as it might prompt to an improvement or determination of IBS indications.
- Different Agents: Magnesium aluminum silicates and alverine citrate medications can be compelling for bad tempered bowel syndrome.
Homeopathy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS
When it comes to the homeopathic treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, homeopathy aims to completely eradicate or rather cure the problem. All the symptoms of the disease as well as that of the patient, which may seem unrelated to the disease, are taken into account before prescribing the right medicine for the patient. That is how it tends to strike at the root cause of the problem and not just the symptoms of the disease. That is precisely the reason that it is able to completely cure the problem. And that is also the reason that it takes some time to cure it.
Homeopathy medicine for Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS
There are more than two scores of medicines that are used in the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. The right medicine for each and every patient is selected on the basis of the totality of the symptoms, some of which may even be unrelated to the disease. The mental or psychological state of the patient is fully taken into account while prescribing the right medicine for each patient. Having said that, a few medicines have been quite commonly used in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. These have shown very good results in curing this problem completely. However, this does not in any way mean that one of these medicines will have the answer to each and every patient’s problem. Often one has to prescribe some other medicines when the symptoms so demand. It is always recommended to visit a professional Homeopath to get the right prescription for your specific problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am 51 years old feeling pain in anus for the past two month after screeting in the morning. Stiffness is there. Please advise.
One of the most common health problems people have is indigestion. As per ayurveda, the accumulation of Ama or toxins leads to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. And this is the rootcause for indigestion.
The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. Ayurveda relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the rootcause of ailments. Indigestion usually occurs because of bad daily habits & less physical activity.
There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top tips for the same:
- Timely intake of meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
- Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cure stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
- Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and yoga especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
- Aloe vera: An ounce of aloe vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
- Turmeric: Haldi or turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in ayurveda. This spice is a staple in indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked turmeric.
- Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
- Avoiding unhealthy food: One must avoid unhealthy food that are excessively fried, fatty, sweet or cold so as to aid the digestive fires in doing their job effectively.
- Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am suffering from hyper acidity since one year and vomiting daily in the morning please suggest the solution for this.
I am suffering from diarrhea and vomiting alternatively. Please suggest me proper diet for this condition.
Anal fissures are the small tears formed in the anal lining. They are also known as anal ulcers. An anal fissure causes a lot of pain and bleeding during your bowel movements. Usually a fissure heals automatically in a few days time. It can be treated with simple home remedies as well.
- You can suffer from an anal fissure if you pass hard and large stools.
- Also strained childbirth or suffering from violent spells of diarrhea might get you an anal fissure.
- Chronic constipation may also be cause of a fissure.
- Other rare causes may be anal cancer, HIV, tuberculosis or herpes.
Individuals of all age groups can suffer from anal fissures. It is not a very serious problem and heals on its own in a few weeks. Although it can heal itself, there are certain treatments which can help relieve the pain you get from an anal fissure.
An anal fissure has quite a lot of symptoms for you to understand what you are suffering from:
- There will be a very visible tear around the anal region. You will be able to spot the tear on the skin very easily.
- A small lump of skin may form next to the tear.
- When you will be undergoing your bowel movements, you will feel a very sharp pain in the anal region.
- You will find spots of blood on the stool passed.
- You will also feel a burning or an itching sensation in the anal region.
Although most fissures do not require treatment, there are a few remedies that will help cure them faster:
- Stool softeners: You get certain medicines at the chemist, which are known for their stool softening functions. These stool softeners help to soften the hard stools and initiates smooth bowel movements.
- Eat fibrous foods: Eat foods rich in fiber like fruits, whole grain cereals, raw vegetables, etc.
- Take warm baths: Take a bath in warm water as it relaxes your anal muscles, helps to relieve irritation in the region, and increases blood flow in the anorectal region.
- Use ointment: Apply nitroglycerin ointments and topical pain relievers to promote blood flow to the anal region and to relieve discomfort from the region respectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.