Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalaka Bahadkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalaka BahadkarYour feedback matters!
Am 20 trying to conceive. I usually has 35 days cycle. I got my last period on 10aug and ended on 15aug. But today again I got period it is not a spotting its like normal period bleeding is there anything wrong what shall I do plzz help.
Hi, my cousin got married at last year, almost one over but not yet confirmed pregnancy. What is problem can you help.
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello, Me and my husband are 26 years old. INfact he 3 months younger than me. When is the best time for us to plan for kids? I heard that having kids after 30 years is a bit complicated. Please advise.
Eat at proper times ie morning breakfast between 7 to 9 am. Lunch between 12 to 2 pm. Dinner between 7 to 9 pm and sleep around10 to 11 pm. Wake up 6 to 7 am. Atleast 1 hour exercise is must. Eat fresh and seasonal fruits. Drink 3 to 5 liters of water. Ashwagandha powder 5 gm morning and evening with milk is good for mind and body.
Hey I'm 20 years old I had missed my periods last month so my gyne has suggested me to take cycloreg5 mg for 5 days twice a day when can I expect my periods to come thank you.
Dear Lybrate users, very good evening to all of you, myself Dr Apoorv Goyal I am a laparoscopic and General Surgeon practising in Ghaziabad for last 5 years and I routinely doing all laparoscopic procedures and the surgical procedures. And I am here to guide you through laparoscopic surgeries and tell you about its various advantages. Laparoscopic surgery was introduced in India in 1990 and since then it has evolved in a big way, now with the recent technologies and advances, we are able to perform laparoscopic procedures for almost 80% of surgical cases. Many cases like gall bladder stone, hernia, appendix, hysterectomy, and other pelvic surgeries can be done through laparoscopic way and if we talk about the principal of laparoscopic surgeries. Then I would like to tell you that, we use a high definition camera system, high definition monitors and specialised instruments through which the surgery is performed and we use very small in incisions and scarves so that the trauma is minimised. Now, if I would tell you about the advantages of laparoscopic surgery, then the first thing is there, the minimum scar and minimum trauma to the body, then most of the recovery or postoperative period is painless, it is eventful, it is very smooth. The patient usually returns to their routine work early and they are quite happy and satisfied after laparoscopic procedures. Many common diseases like if I already told you about gallbladder stone, hernia, appendix, and hysterectomy many things can be done laparoscopically and even with the techniques and advancement in technology, which we are having now. We can even perform like Complex gastrointestinal surgeries, hepatobiliary surgeries and even cancer surgeries through this minimally invasive technique or laparoscopy. If we compare the cost of the surgery, then there is not much difference in the cost of the surgery because now the system is advanced and it is easily available so there is not much difference in the cost and it is easily available and everywhere. Myself I am routinely performing basic and advanced laparoscopic surgeries and I am routinely doing this, all this gallbladder stone, hernia, appendix, hysterectomy and other advanced gastrointestinal surgeries. If you wish to consult me for the same then you can visit my profile on lybrate.com or you can visit my clinic which is in Ghaziabad, Patel Nagar 2nd, opposite DDA market.
Thank you very much.