Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shalaka BahadkarYour feedback matters!
I am married n I have missed my periods. Date was 16 n till now I did not got n we both are not intimated from last 3 months. What should I do. Can I take Mensovit plus capsule and how and when to take can you tell me. There will b any side affect if I take n want to get in periods.
Hello doctor I had taken two ipill last month and I bleed after taking it .within 7 days. Now its been more than 1 month im having high blood pressure .is this becoz of pill and will it get reduced?
I am 25 year female and have mensuration problem from 2 month. I think I am pregnant because I use preganews for check, I use prega three times first time it's show negative and then 2 and 3 time it's show positive .what can I do now if I am pregnant I am not ready for that what can I do now?
Sex, which gives pleasure to most, can be painful for some. Many women, mostly in their menopausal or post-menopausal phase find intercourse and penetration extremely painful. Menopause results in hormonal imbalance, with a significant drop in the estrogen level. The reduced estrogen level results in Vulvovaginal Atrophy (dryness of the vagina and thinning and weakening of the vaginal tissues). In such cases, women experience irritation, Vaginismus (vaginal tightness) and soreness after sex.
One can also experience a burning sensation during urination. There may be inflammation of the vaginal tissues. If untreated, the inflammation can cause infection and other complications. "Dyspareunia" or pain during intercourse is very common in postmenopausal women. The pain experienced during sex can be due to "Vulvodynia" as well. Vulvodynia is a condition whereby a women experiences chronic pain in the external genitals or vulva. A number of other factors can also contribute to the pain during sex. A thorough and detailed investigation is thus very important.
Treatment: Many women find it extremely embarrassing to discuss menopausal problems with their partners and doctors. The key to effective treatment lies in timely diagnosis and medication. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. The postmenopausal changes can vary from person to person. Thus it is very important to discuss every minute detail with your physician.
Many options are available to make intercourse a less painful experience:
- Keep dryness at bay: In most cases, painful intercourse results from dryness of the vagina. Use of a lubricant can ease the pain to a great extend. A water-based lubricant is highly recommendable. Regular use of vaginal moisturizers is also effective to deal with vaginal dryness.
- Vaginal care and hygiene: It is very important to keep the vagina clean. Avoid using soaps, bath oils and shower gels. They do more harm than good to the vagina. It is advisable to wash the vagina with warm to lukewarm water. Undergarments should be changed twice daily.
- More is good: Having sex at regular intervals is a healthy practice. It not only enhances and improves the blood flow, but also helps to overcome vaginal dryness.
- The Pelvic Floor Therapy: It is immensely beneficial. In this therapy, a gentle pressure is exerted in the pelvic region to relax the stiffened and tightened muscles. One can also massage the area to relax the muscles.
- Squat: It is a very effective exercise to strengthen the buttocks and hip muscles. Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles are also very helpful.
- Other therapies: One can also opt for Local Estrogen therapy and Systematic Estrogen Therapy.
Menopause should not affect your conjugal and sexual life. Visit here to know more and forget painful intercourse forever.
Related Tip: "Pain During Intercourse? Here Are The Causes"
Sir meri wife ke age 35 hai aur unki medical report bhi theek hai. Mens ane se pehle unki kamar mein dard bahut hota hai kabhi kabhi. Aissa kyon hota hai.
My sister had went fr a party, now her dates has been postponing, as a brother I can't say this to my parents and even friends. She is always crying. Dono which doctor to consult. Please consider and help me. If any tablets pls suggest.
- do not forget to take the medicines as prescribed by the doctor.
I am 23 years old girl. Periods time is too much difficult for me because of stomach pain. I tried lots of medicines and yoga also but it is not working. Please suggest me what to do?
Since childhood, I have felt inferiority from my own parents. They just provide me enough money to build my career, but the rest part is done by me. Its just my boyfriend who does all the work that should be done by a parent. I used to cry till now feeling so low. Whenever I ask regarding this, my parents ignore saying there is nothing like that. But they constantly make me feel undeserving. But I got placed in tcs now. And they are happy to say that to people. I mean I understand they are but I could see the fakeness clear enough. And I do not know what to do. Now too they do the same, the difference is now I cry rarely and feel extreme pain all over me. What should I do?
My mother aged 52 years is having small uterine fibroids which is causing her problems such as irregular periods also periods not stopping. Please suggest what to do. Should I get her operated or medicines will help. Please suggest a good doctor or hospital in Kolkata.
I have been bleeding from 1 and half month. What does it mean? And also I have irregular period. Pls suggest me.
Took novelon for 21 days didn't got period after stopping t. Ts been five days over. When I will get period.
I am a single 27 year old woman. I want to have a baby on my own through IVF or IUI. What are the legal as well as medical procedures required for it? And what is the cost for it? I am financially secure and stable and will be able to provide for the child on my own with a little support for my family. Thank you.
I am 30 weeks pregnant O-ve blood group having hemoglobin 10.2 .Weight 72 kg height 160 cm. Please suggest me how to improve hemoglobin by taking suitable diet.
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer