Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shailesh ShettyYour feedback matters!
Mera masura dheere_dheere ghis hai aur daanton ke beech me space aa rha hai. Aur teeth v ghis rha hai. Aisa kyun ho rha hai. Iska upay.
Is eating chewing bad for my health. I prefer happy dent. Two tabs a day mostly after meals. I have heard that eating chewing gums uses up your digestive enzymes which have a limited production during our lifetime.
My sister's teeth are little bit outside from her mouth. Her age is 26. I want to know whether it is treatable or not. If yes then what are the risk factor and cost of treatment. Kindle suggest me so that I can take appointment with you.
Sir I am a 22 years old boy. My question is about my tooth. When in brush my tooth with little pressure blood drain with tooth paste spit.And another problem is that tooth are yellow. Please help me sir.
What could be causing pain in left side of head and ringing in left ear? And How long after a tooth extraction before eating and drinking?
Her tooth were strong but the problems were, the top front tooth of her has been comes out of the mouth. Dear Dr. Help her to make her tooth to seems to be perfectly inside her mouth.
I have undergone a root canal treatment two years before but I didn't completed the treatment fully. I have fill one more coating into tat teeth. I don't have any pain till now. Wat I have to do.
Hi doctor. actually m facing problem in my teeth. It become sensitive. N whenever I eat anything it huts a lot. I can not chew hard thing like raw rice n all. please give me sum solution.
Hello sir, I am 21 years old. From the last few months i am facing the bad breath problem. I tried many thing for getting rid from this but nothing works. I also do brush twice a day. Can you give me any advice what I should do?
I am suffering from yellow teeth since childhood what I do I am feeling shy in laughing in between my friends.
I have the problem of teeth. I brush it daily but my girl friend says that it is smelling. So what should I do.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.