Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shailesh GopanpallikkarYour feedback matters!
Hi mam my son is 10 month old. Im giving him plenty of water. Even though he has digestion problem his motion is hard. He is crying while he goes motion? What shall I do.
Hi doc, my baby is 6 months old n weight is 6kg please suggest something about her diet. Wht food to give n wht to avoid. Is her weight is normal. She is completely on my breastfeed. please suggest to gain weight also. Thank you.
My son does not behave and respond according to his age and as comparative kids of his age he is not able to understand and speak what to do in this condition?
My daughter is 3 years old. She is always suffering from cold and cough and sometimes sneezing. Please suggest me home made cure for her because I do not want to feed her medicines.
My baby is 3 years old. After my delivery I reduce maximum of my whole body weight except abdomen. My tummy seems quit big after 3 years of delivery. How should I reduce fat from here. Is this indication of any disease.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My 11 months baby is having fever since yesterday, I just gave him chloramphenical syrup and fenceta syrup. But still no sign of fever gone down. What should I give him?
I am 37 years old, I have a son who is 9 years old. My son is very lazy to write he learns and when asked he says he correctly but the same when told to write he does not listen and does not write, and when he writes there are many spelling mistakes. Could you please suggest a way that my son gets interest in writing and learning and let me know why is this happening?
My 13 year old son is overweight-67kg. Though he has cut down on junk and follows a strict diet his weight has not reduced. It has been so for the past 3 years. In fact, he was an underweight child till he was 3 years and later on till 10 years had no issues with body weight. Is there some problem I have to take care of?
My Daughter's age is now 2 years 10 months. She has a small pimple in Belly. When she will crying it is appear. My Child specialist told its Called Hernia. Now it is preliminary stage. Doctor says when she will young automatically she is being cured from Hernia. Is it wright or wrong? Surgery is needed or not?
Hello dear doc. My13 year old daughter (not pubic now, her ultrasound is ok) faint twice at school while playing in hot day. We haven't seen any symptoms of fits but as she awake after half an hour our doctor suggested test of vitamin d, EEG,MRI. After test vitamin d level show 25 in report MRI normal, EEG abnormal so neurologist suggest medicine. But before started it ,we again did EEG from other famous diagnostic centre but dis time EEG report is normal. It's really surprising in 5 days. One report shows abnormal other shows normal. Now being a mother I am really confuse. Wat to do or. Not to do.
For 5year old kid..anti biotic is suitable incase he's having stuffy nose,lot of cough,frequent fever,congestion..?
My son's age is 5. He has dust allergy normally he starts to cough a lot but in india doctor used to give Allegra and it used to work. Last 5 months back shifted to London. For the last 15 days onwards, he is constantly coughing but very less during the night time but the coughing increases after having any food or milk. The doctors are saying the chest is clear and has given ventilin evohaler.
My son age is 1 yrs 6 month. Most of the time he is suffering from cough problem. Also he is not interested on eating. We forcefully get him eat. Please help me.
I need some information about my baby she's 17 days old in head water no noise upper lip cut I am submitting her reports CT scan ultrasound.
My baby boy is 8 month old he has continuous cold cough and running nose and sometime fever what medicine should I provide him pls tell me.
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!