Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Severine PossaYour feedback matters!
Hello I don't know whom to consult, my problem is. 1. Weight is not increasing after proper diet. 2. Lots of Hair falling. 3. Beard and mustache is not growing properly. 4. Stress level is very high like Frustration 5. Can't remember things after lots of practice. 5. Can't concentrate my work. 5. Visible veins in skin. I am facing lots of problem, please help me to get rid of these problems.
I got my nose pierced on 14 March 2017. It has cured. There is no lump formation or hardness. No sticky substance formation neither any pus formation. But the area around the hole is paining a bit on touching. I'm not eating Rajma. chole.or peanuts since 14. Today by chance I ate three chole. And I'm having doubt whether it will do any harm. please suggest the time period it takes to cure and whether I need to take precautions or doctor advice.
Hi I'm a male my face sweat alot and my face looks and has become dark day by day and even my skin looks dull please tel me wat should I do please suggest me some solution wat to do wat to use plz.
My anus is paining mainly when going to toilet only outside that too. If I keep finger at the opening surface, I feel high pain. Its like keeping hand on a open wound. This is created mainly when toilet goes very tight and hard. I drink 3litres water per day.
I am priya 27 years old. I am having some black marks on my face continuously. I have tried some anti marks ointment from last 3 months but, its not cured yet. So, please suggest any curable remedies for it.
Hello. I am 23 m.due to travelling in the. Sun my face become dark but in a week it become ok. I want you to suggest a sun screen lotion that will prevent this problem. My face is oily and prone to acne.
Am 24years old. Male. My hands n legs n lips n neck are always dry and getting dark color. My face is oily. N am using azac soap twice a day. please help me.
I have skin prblm lke lichen planus when I took medicine fr skin prblm by dis treatment affects on my periods so now I have irregular fr last 7 years. At the beginning it is normal bt when I treated by my skin disease it is very much affected on my body. So when I consult a doctor said dat it is also one of the reason to get irregular. Now am facing skin infection it is spreading over my hands also like small bubble becmng black and very itching as well as irregular problem.
Suffering from ulcers. Don't know whether it is piles or not. Blood is there in during bowel movement. Pain and irritation is also there after bowel movement.
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.