Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema MoreYour feedback matters!
What can I do to control my hair loss? Right now, I am trying dove shampoo. Can you recommend any other shampoos?
My wife is not coming to continue period time. I have tested a report the report is PCOD. My wife is not pregnant for future. please answer as soon as.
Acidity is the result of the formation of abnormally high levels of gastric juices in the stomach. The secretion of gastric juices also leads to a common condition known as heartburn.
- Burning sensation or pain in the stomach
- Sourness in the mouth
I am 24 years old after sezrian delivery my weight is 65 kg and my tummy looks very big I have tried many ideas To rid out with that but no effects please tell me what should I do.
Diabetes alters the metabolism and functioning of almost entire body system. The most important targets are the circulatory and nervous system, leading to peripheral vascular disease and neuropathy. Diabetic foot is the result of a combination of these two factors in the feet – altered/reduced blood flow to the feet combined with reduced sensation.
- Neuropathy: When the sugar levels are poorly controlled, then the nerves in the legs are damaged, leading to reduced or absence of sensation. The patient cannot feel pain/heat/cold. Sensory neuropathy causes loss of protective sennsation leaving the foot at risk to repetative unnoticed trauma.
- Peripheral vascular disease: The blood vessels which are away from the heart are affected, leading to poor blood flow from the legs to the heart. Proper blood flow is essential for overall health, and when this is affected, the peripheral foot health is affected.
Some of the common foot problems encountered in diabetics are listed below:
- Fungal infections: Whether a person wears shoes regularly or not, they become more prone to fungal infections. The nails become discoloured, brittle, and break off. They are difficult to treat and may require oral medications.
- Ulcers: Diabetic ulcers are very common. The combined effect of reduced sensation and reduced blood flow leads to ulcers, which are not painful (due to lack of sensation) and therefore are ignored and not treated promptly. They can progress and become severe, even sometimes leading to amputation. Fungal ulcer are most common in between toes and in creases of a diabetic patients
- Corns: Diabetics are more prone to develop corns which are thick masses of skin near the bony area of a toe. This could be in areas where the shoes rub against the toes or between the toes where there is a lot of friction. Home care includes smoothing it with a pumice stone. The person should not try to remove them on their own. Warts, bunions, ingrown toenails, hammertoes, etc., are also very common in diabetics.
- The first and most important step is to monitor and regulate the blood sugar levels within ranges ideal for you.
- Warm water to be used for washing feet, and then to be dried well, to not leave a moist area between toes
- Regular feet care to check for blisters, ulcers, wounds, etc.
- Check toenails for overall health
- Preferably wear closed toe shoes
- Wear stockings or socks and shoes that fit well
- Moisturise the skin well to avoid drying
- Avoid exposing feet to extreme weather
- Quit smoking
- Ensure blood flow is maintained by not standing or sitting for prolonged periods and with regular exercise
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Doctor, I am 22 years old I got married at early age after marriage there was good fluency of intimation between us but after 10 month I am taking gap of 3 days because I don't feel from heart to intimate regularly can you suggest me any tips to again gear that fluency.
Menstruation is a barometer of a women's health. Any changes in the menstrual pattern of a woman could be a harbinger of serious underlying disease and should not be overlooked. However adolescent girls are a special case where menstrual pattern is variable and much different from Adult women. It is very common for teenaged girls who have recently started menstruating to have irregular periods. This period pattern is wrongly classified as 'period problems". At the same time one needs to understand that some of the real problems like period pain in young girls are often overlooked as "normal" when they could be associated with serious medical disorders.
Although menstrual disorders are fairly common in most young women, it may have an underlying cause which can be indicative of a serious issue. Therefore, it is recommended for young women to consult a gynecologist if any difficulties arise.
Symptoms Of Menstrual Disorders (Severe)
- Excessive abdominal pain
- Excessive vaginal pain
- Missed / irregular periods
- Painful periods
The severe symptoms are usually accompanied by mild symptoms such as:
- Weight loss
- Headaches/back pain
PCOS and Menstrual Disorders
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a common reason for women to experience irregular menstrual periods. PCOS occurs when there is an excess of male hormones (androgens) in the body which hinder the production and release of eggs in the ovaries, resulting in menstruation problems. Symptoms of PCOS are acne, hair loss and weight gain. Women with PCOS are 80% more likely to suffer from fertility issues later in life. Along with that, PCOS can result in high cholesterol and high blood pressure. One serious concern for women with PCOS is resistance to insulin which leads to diabetes.
Diet and menstrual disorders
Poor diet can also lead to menstrual complications. An extremely high fiber diet can result in less frequent ovulations and therefore irregular periods. A diet which is too low in fats and fatty acid can also result in abnormal menstrual patterns.
Stress and PCOS
Young women are often prone to immense stress. Stress is one of the primary reasons for delayed periods. Stress can cause minor complications in the hypothalamus which may have consequences in the levels of hormones in the body.
The presence of ovarian cysts in the vagina may be a cause for irregular or painful periods. Endometriosis can cause heavy bleeding and extreme pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
When you are pregnant, your body is at a very delicate stage as you are carrying another individual inside you. While you are pregnant, there are many restrictions and regulations you must follow to ensure the birth of a healthy child. Bad habits such as smoking and consuming alcohol are strictly prohibited. It is also advised that you should not be in any kind of stress.
When it comes to travelling, it depends on the stage of your pregnancy. You should consult your doctor before travelling and know well about the restrictions that would be imposed, even if you are allowed to travel. The ideal time for you to travel during pregnancy is after the second trimester, when you will be less fatigued.
Here are some tips you should follow if you choose to travel when you are pregnant.
Travelling by car, train:
- You should always put your seatbelt on while travelling in a car when you are pregnant. Wear both the lap belt and the shoulder belt to keep yourself and your baby inside, safe and static.
- The airbags should always be turned on for safety purpose.
- Buses are narrow and should be avoided when you are pregnant. If you are availing a bus, avoid getting up when the bus is moving. In case you have to move, take the support of the railings.
- When you are travelling by train, always hold on to the railings and seats while moving about in motion.
- Avoid long hour journeys in cars or trains. The maximum travel duration should be not more than six hours, when you are carrying a child.
- Make it a point to halt at points to take a walk. This would enhance your blood circulation.
Travelling by air, sea:
- This mode of travel is safer than any other travel modes for pregnant women.
- Pregnant women can fly until eight months or nine months, after consulting a doctor.
- Moving about in an airplane, which is flying is a bad idea for pregnant women and should be avoided.
- Always choose an aisle seat while travelling by air. It will make moving convenient in case you need to visit the restroom.
- Choose to travel on trustworthy, major airlines with a pressurized cabin and avoid small airplanes or private jets. Do not travel above a height of 7000 ft.
- Travelling by sea should be strictly avoided as it causes motion sickness and pregnant women might have nausea.
Travel for pregnant women is restricted in many ways, and all the instructions should be followed.
My face having oily sensitive skin as I used melacare from past months. As using from start it's gave fair complexion. But after sometime my face completely turn to dark. Advise me something.
I have a sex problem I cannot hold my energy for so long it comes to fast my wife is not satisfied with me I want to make her full satisfied pls help me wid this.
Pregnancy is a time when you have to be at your vigilant best even as you go about your normal life. If you happen to be a smoker and enjoy a drink once in a while, then it may be time to change these habits. Ideally, one should let go of these habits as soon as the couple starts trying for a baby, as how you treat your body in the preconception stage will have a great bearing on how your body adjusts to pregnancy and the aftermath of childbirth. Let us find out the dangers of smoking and drinking during pregnancy. (Learn more about healthy pregnancy)
- Alcohol and Your Baby: While you may be thinking that a drink or two of wine in a week may not do any harm to your foetus, this is actually a misnomer. One should steer clear of even a sip as the alcohol usually ends up passing through you placenta and right into your growing foetus.
- Alcohol Break Down: When the alcohol gets passed through your system and into the baby, there is a definite health hazard to the foetus. This is due to the fact that the body tends to break down alcohol in a much slower manner, than it would break down any other food or beverage. And the risk is that much more heightened in case of the growing foetus, because the tiny bodies are not equipped to handle the breaking down process properly. This may lead to a rise of the blood alcohol level of the foetus, keeping it at that level even after the mother's blood alcohol level has been restored to normal.
- Retardation and Other Related Ailments: When the blood alcohol level of the baby remains high, it can lead to a variety of problems that can go from mild to severe. Retardation, heart ailments and more can be born from this issue. Also, this can lead to deformed facial features as well as behavioural problems like aggression.
- Smoking and Low Birth Weight: When you smoke during your pregnancy, it doubles your risk of birthing a baby whose weight is significantly lower than the acceptable standard and what is considered normal (learn more about the affect of smoking on your and your baby's health)
- Smoking and Other Complications: Also, smoking during pregnancy increases the chances of having an ectopic pregnancy, which can lead to the loss of the foetus. Further, you can also end up having a premature baby, if you smoke during pregnancy, as this will lead to the burst of your water before the actual labour begins. Finally, smoking during pregnancy can give rise to complications in the placenta, which will result in a separation of the placenta from the uterine wall, much before the delivery actually happens.
Hi! My height is 6 foot and 6 inch and according to my body structure I need to gain some weight and muscles in my body. So what should do to increase some muscles in my body.
An inguinal hernia refers to the condition when tissues, such as those which are a part of your intestines, find a weak spot in your abdominal muscles and protrudes outwards. This may often result in a painful bulge, especially at times when you bend over, lift heavy objects or cough.
Usually, if the hernia is small, your doctor might just ask you to wait and leave it untouched. In children, manual pressure may also be applied to reduce bulging. Enlarged or very painful hernias, however, require surgery for the prevention of complications and for relieving discomfort.
Generally, there are two types of hernia repair surgeries which are as follows:
- Open hernia repair surgery: This type of surgery is carried under sedation by local anaesthesia, and ensures an incision being made in the groin to push back the protruding tissues into the abdomen. The weakened area is then sewn back, and reinforced with the help of a synthetic mesh, a procedure called hernioplasty. The opening is then closed down using staples, surgical glue or stitches. Though movement as soon as possible is recommended, exertion must be avoided.
- Laparoscopy: This is a kind of minimally invasive surgery, done with the aid of local anaesthesia. In this procedure, multiple small incisions are made in the abdominal region and then gas is used in order to inflate it, to make visibility easier.
A tiny camera is attached at the end of a small tube (a laparoscope) and then inserted into the cavity created by the incision. With the aid of the increased visibility facilitated by the camera, the surgeon then inserts other tiny instruments through the remaining incisions for repairing the hernia, with the help of a small synthetic mesh.
This kind of surgery allows your surgeon to avoid the scar tissue which might be present from a hernia and which might have been repaired earlier. Laparoscopy is thus also recommended for those with bilateral hernias (on both the sides).
However, research has shown that this kind of repairing may also increase the likelihood of recurrence or some other complications or risks.
Risks are usually reduced when the surgery is performed by a surgeon who has a lot of prior experience in the same.