Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sarita DodwaniYour feedback matters!
I always feel wet in vaginal area and my inner clothes get smelled due to this wetness always. (Im embarrassed to sit with widened legs due to that smell. I'm getting that white thing even if my periods are completed. Is it common to get like that. If not suggest me what to do for this problem?
Can pregnancy test be taken a week after having sex. Though no ejaculation occurred. Is it necessary to take it in the morning can it be taken in the evening. As I am experiencing a very slight abdominal pain. N gas. M on birthcontrol pills.
I am 33 years old, I am 5th month pregnant my egg is delicate/soft as per doctor feedback, what is the precaution I need to go further till my delivery.
Ma'am or sir, Mere right side breast me pain h or swelling v ho gayi hai, or touch krne pe v pain hota hai or hard v ho gya hai. Mai unmarried hu or meri age 32 hai. Plz suggest what I do. One thing is mai Dr. se check up nahin karna chati.
Dangers Of Teflon Cookware
Non-stick cookware has become enormously popular because of its convenience factor, and is now the most popular cookware. However, millions of people are unknowingly sacrificing their health to save a few minutes in the kitchen.
Sure it's easy to clean, affordable and incredibly popular, but this cookware is considered toxic by many experts, so this article is to help you help you pick the safest option for your family.
Teflon may be the most popular cookware sold, with some serious advantages when it comes to easy cleanup and also allowing cooks to use less oil and butter. However, it has come under fire in recent years over concerns about toxic chemical emissions, as dozens of reports and studies from both industry and outside sources. So I have talked to numerous experts and looked at the major studies conducted to find out what we should do about this issue.
A Little Background on Teflon
The chemical name for Teflon is polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), and it contains an entire set of fluorine-containing compounds called Fluoropolymers, (which are generally toxic) and are the reason that foods don't stick. This combination has been used commercially since the 1940s.
Another potential problem with nonstick cookware comes from a chemical used in making Teflon called perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), as it has been linked to cancer in laboratory animals, and possible connections to elevated cholesterol, thyroid disease, and reduced fertility. PFOA has come under scrutiny by the EPA because the chemical has shown up in samples of people?s blood, which is concerning because PFOA lasts a long time in both people and the surrounding environment.
Depending on who you talk to, you may find that the majority of people in the know, feel that Teflon cookware is technically safe as long as it's not overheated, but when it is, the coating will begin to break down at a molecular level, that you can't see, allowing toxic & carcinogenic particles and gases to be released.
How HOT Is Too HOT?
It is said that Teflon pans start to overheat at temperatures at 500 degrees Fahrenheit and above, as smaller chemical fragments are then beginning to be released, and DuPont, inventor and manufacturer of Teflon, Kurunthachalam Kannan, Ph.D, agrees that 260�C is the recommended maximum temp for cooking with these items. However, other findings show that the coating begins to break down and release toxins into the air at only 230�C. The next question is how fast will a nonstick pan reach 230 - 260 �C? What was found is that it only takes 2-5 minutes to hit these temps, and for non-stick cookware to emit at least six toxic gases.
During some nonstick cookware lab tests, the results were surprising when showing how quickly some pans got too hot, and at very high temperatures. At 348.8�C and above, these pans can significantly decompose, emitting fumes strong enough to cause "polymer-fume fever, a temporary flu-like condition marked by chills, headache, and fever. These fumes won't kill you, but they can kill pet birds, whose respiratory systems are more fragile. After about three to five minutes of heating, when the pans reach 360�C, they release at least six toxic gasses, including:
Two global pollutants
MFA, a chemical deadly to humans at low doses
The manufacturer of the leading non-stick cookware brand, claims that the coating does not cause a problem under ?normal use.? with significant decomposition of the coating only occuring only when temperatures exceed 348.8�C, and say that these temperatures are well above the normal cooking range. However, results from a study conducted by a university food safety professor that found a generic non-stick frying pan reached 391.1�C in three minutes and 20 seconds when heated on a conventional, electric stovetop burner. And the temperatures continued to rise after the test was stopped. The leading non-stick cookware rose to 382�C in five minutes under the same conditions, and if you heat non-stick cookware to 537.7�C, the coatings will break down into a chemical warfare agent known as PFIB, that is a chemical analog of the WWII nerve gas phosgene. So your best friend in the kitchen may actually be your family's worst health enemy.
Dr.VARINDER SINGH CHANDHOK
Hello doctor, I want to know about., What are the causes and reasons for infertility? Even first abortion leads to infertility is it true.
Newly married trying to conceive from 4 months . My penis is only 4 inch when erect can my wife get pregnant ?
Pregnancy is definitely a new and beautiful phase in a woman’s life. During this time, the woman’s body goes through multiple changes during the nine months and post-delivery, extra care is needed for the body to get back to its pre-pregnancy state. The following are some tips to care for your post-partum body immediately after delivery and through the first six weeks after childbirth.
- Perineal soreness: The area between the vagina and the anus stretches a lot during labour and can be sore for quite a while. In some women, this area may even be cut to enable easy passing of the baby (episiotomy). This would be more painful and can be managed with topical creams, ice packs, Kegel exercises and warm baths.
- Uterine shrinkage: The uterus enlarges to accommodate the developing baby shrinks back to its original stage after delivery. This causes severe cramps, especially during the first six weeks and if required, pain medications can be taken for the cramps.
- Breast fullness: The breasts fill with milk after birth to enable feeding, and the woman feels engorged. This is relieved with feeding, but if the baby is not on mother’s milk, warm soaks on the breasts and a supportive bra can help. It will stop once the breasts stop making milk.
- Constipation: This is common post pregnancy, and so foods rich in fibre should be consumed. Lots of vegetables, fruits and whole grains should be included in the diet. If required, stool softeners can be used.
- Body swelling: In preparation for the delivery, the hands and feet swell due to fluid accumulation. This naturally subsides over the first week to 10 days. Lying on the left side and keeping the feet elevated can help.
- Urination problem: Experiencing a burning sensation or pain while urinating and inability to start or stop a stream of urine are common urination problems, especially immediately after childbirth, which will subside in a couple of weeks. Drinking lots of water, Kegel exercises and warm baths are helpful measures that can be undertaken.
- Fatigue: Taking care of the newborn can leave you drained. Get adjusted to the baby’s routine and try to sleep with your baby. Get friends and family to help you take care of your child so that you don’t feel the entire strain.
- Emotional health: Changes in the hormone levels again affects your emotional health, so try and stay positive. Post-partum depression is very common in women, as they feel overwhelmed with caring for the newborn.
It is important to realise that while pregnancy is an important phase, it is a natural process. The body will adapt to these short-lived changes and allow you to bond with your baby by staying close to your child, responding to its needs, spending time together, and taking care of your newborn. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Dear doctor, What foods are best for pregnancy? Specially in first trimester? Likewise what foods shd be avoided so as to avoid gases. Kindly guide.
Me and my husband trying for a baby from last month after a week I feel some of the symptoms of pregnancy like back pain, constipation, pain in my stomach, laziness. But my pregnancy test shows negative result, I miss my periods and get a get spot on my panty line but still my pregnancy test shows negative. What do I do to clarify that I am pregnant or not.
Pcod me mera period v band hai 2 mahine se. Avi tretment kara rahi hu. Kya ye thik ho sakta hai. Ovral l 21 tablet le rahi hu kya mera period ho sakta hai.
My precum touched my Girlfriend's vagina yesterday afternoon, but we did not get involved in coitus. She was on her Periods. Since that incident she hasn't bled, even though she's on her periods. We're very concerned and have intention to have a baby now.
Hello doctor I am 7th month pregnant and my stomach have stretch mark and itching in stretch mark what I do for this?
Hello, am 27 years old, married woman .I am suffering from pcod from last 2 years .i have irregular periods .in fact I get in periods by taking tablet like regestrone n meprate .I want to plan for a baby .I have consulted many Dr. .but still my periods r nt normal.
I have taken ipill after unprotected sex yesterday and today unknowingly again we had unprotected sex should I take ipill again is there any chance of getting pregnant.
All living creatures work on energy and a smooth functioning of the different metabolic processes in the body. The energies or “prana/chi/qi” are of different kinds and have their own distinct path of flow and influence. Air energy is better known as the air we breathe and from younger days we learn in school books that air purifies the blood in the lungs. The nose, the windpipe are the pathways and the transfer of energy happens in the lungs, on the blood. This blood feeds/influences the health of each and every cell of the body. The points of influence are the nose and windpipe.
Similarly, there are subtle energies that have their own specific pathways called Meridians. These energies are also associated with special metabolic functions and better known by names that associate with the main organ in the line of their path. For example, digestive energies are associated with the Liver meridian that follows a distinct path in the full body. There are specific zones along this path that can influence the manner in which energy flows along these paths and change the metabolic process of that energy meridian.
These points of influence are called äcu-points’. Pressure applied along these points is referred to as Acupressure treatment”. When needles are used, it is called Acupuncture treatment. The manner in which the Acupuncturist will choose a group of points will stimulate or sedate the activity of toes energies. This will allow the body to regain better health.
The needles help to regulate the flow of energy. Acupuncture is an exact science and needles are inserted into the skin at the point of influence. The depth of insertion, kind of needle, selection of points, angle in which needles are inserted, depth of needle insertion, twisting/turning of the needle, duration of therapy, the frequency of treatment; all these will create a change in the metabolic energies of the body.
A lot of research is being done all over the world to find out how this system works and what it is best suited for. Some medical conditions are easily treated and some take time. Very good medical clinical data is published in leading medical journal regarding these studies. Acupuncture has proved to be very useful in pain management; detoxification; healing enhancement; stress relief; improve digestion and few other health issues. Pure Acupressure medical science claims it is useful for all kinds of health disorder; modern medical research is by and by being able to prove this slowly.
Typically, the process of an Acupuncture treatment will follow these steps:
The acupuncture points are located throughout your body, and at times, the points may be located far away from a pain-affected area. The process of treatment involves the following steps:
- Needle insertion
- Around five to 20 needles are utilized in typical acupuncture treatments.
- The needles are quite thin and do not cause much discomfort.
- Needle manipulation
- After the needle insertion, the needles are moved or twirled. Sometimes, in addition to insertion, heat or electric pulses is applied to the needles.
- Needle removal
- Commonly, the acupuncture needles are kept in place for around 20 to 45 minutes while the patient is relaxed in a lying down position.
The most important benefits of acupuncture are as follows:
- Reduces headache and migraines
- It is quite effective for the management of chronic headaches.
- Based on several studies and research, it has been proven that acupuncture is ideal for the treatment of migraine headaches.
- The strategically placed acupuncture needles help in relieving the symptoms of headache.
- Improves pain of various types
- Acupuncture is considered to be effective in dealing with pain, such as chronic back pain, neck pain, knee pain and arthritis pain.
- Helps in insomnia treatment
- Acupuncture is beneficial in reducing the various symptoms of insomnia and sleeplessness.
- It works better than medicines and herbs for treating insomnia.
- Moreover, the treatment is not associated with adverse side effects.
- Helps in improving cancer and chemotherapy recovery
- Studies state that acupuncture is effective in boosting your immunity and enhances the recovery rate of patients undergoing cancer treatment.
- It also increases your platelet count and prevents the death of healthy cells after undergoing a radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
- It reduces the amount of pain involved in cancer treatment and improves your quality of life.
- The major side effect of chemotherapy includes nausea.
- Prevents cognitive decline
- Acupuncture is also effective in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- The age-related cognitive decline symptoms that are caused because of a neutral response in certain areas of your brain are reduced by this treatment.
Acupuncture is also being successfully used to treat digestive disorders; hormone imbalances; stress and depression; bone healing; reducing inflammation; preventing to treating diabetes; overcome acidity; hair fall and many other diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an acupuncturist.