Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh M RathiYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from sever headache some times back side of head from 5-6 YEARS, one doctor told me that it's migraine. symptoms: 1. Heavy headache 2. Head is so tight. 3. Inside is very pressure. 4. When I am in travel by bus I feel vomit. My details: male, 21 years old.
Hi, I recently completed one year of treatment for Spinal TB with 100% Adherence to medicines. During the treatment, I never had any pain which initially existed and was able to lead a very normal life like others. Once I stopped medicine, I started feeling slight pain at the same place where it all started one year back. While the pain is not as bad as it was, I am just worried about why it still exists. I was advised to go for Physio and attended IFT sessions which considerably reduced paid but I still feel a pain like a pinch between my buttocks and lower spine. Any advice will be of great help. Let me know if I should see a Neuro to ensure my nerves are in good shape after being infected with TB bacteria.
Mai ek 28 saal ka student hoo, mera hath 8 saal se likhne me problem kar raha hai. Likhte time hath kapta hai.
I don't smoke. I drink once in two months maybe. I had hookah some months back and felt way too tipsy. I haven't been able to think clearly since. It's like my mind isn't active. Exercising is the option?
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.