Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Petkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev PetkarYour feedback matters!
What is the best contraception method for people with an active sex life? How safe are the emergency pills?
Hi. I'm suffering from ovarian cyst and i'm taking dienofem (dienogest) tablets. Along with some other tablets. Till now I didn't get my periods. When I checked for pregnancy it's negative. Now i'm taking regestrone since 4 days. Till date I didn't get periods. Yesterday when I got myself scanned my cyst is still there. It's now 6cm. Need help. Heard that acupuncture permanently resolves this issue. I'm 33 years married women.
Birth control pills commonly known as hormonal pills, oral contraceptive pills, or just pill's are an effective female hormonal birth controlling pill. Young women and adolescent girls are very frequently prescribed birth control pills for heavy or irregular menstrual flow, acne, PMS, hormone therapy, menstrual cramps. In Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual flow due to hormonal changes, often birth control pills are given to lower the hormones and bring them within normal range. This also regulates the menstrual flow. Often adolescent girls who do not respond to acne treatment are prescribed hormonal pills. Also, these are given to girls who have endometriosis, irregular periods, and genetic conditions like Turner's syndrome.
Concerns associated with pills:
1) Do the Pills have any health benefits: Yes, it has benefits like treatment of PCOS, acne, regulates menstrual flow, decreases cramps, and lowers the risk of cancers and anemia (know more about anemia affect on health).
2) What are the side effects of the pill: Mostly it has no major problem as such. Pills containing estrogen might increase the risk of developing clots in eyes, lungs, and legs. If a woman complains of ACHES then she should be taken to the emergency.
C Chest pain
H Headache along with dizziness and weakness
E Eye problems along with problems in speech
S Severe pain in the thigh or calf
3) Is there a risk of developing stroke or heart attacks while using the pill: A healthy woman who does not smoke and is on pills does not have any risk of getting a stroke or a heart attack. Smoking should be avoided when birth control pills have been prescribed.
4) Are there chances of getting cancer: Taking birth control pills actually protects the woman against ovarian and uterus cancer. Some experts also feel that the pill also reduces the chances of breast cancer.
5) Does the pill cause blood clots: Yes, there is little risk of developing clots in the legs. In adolescent girls the risk of forming clots is 5-50 per 100,000 every year. In pregnant women the risk is 4.3-10 folds more than those who do not use the pill.
6) Does the pill cause birth defects: The pill has not been associated with any birth defects and also does not harm the health of the child.
7) How does the pill help in irregular menstrual flow and acne:
In case of irregular menstruation the pill helps by regulating the menstrual cycle to every 28 days. It also helps to reduce the amount and the length of the menstruation.
The hormones present in the pill help to stop the acne. OTC or prescribed drugs can be taken for moderate to severe acne.
What are the suggested emergency contraceptives for teenagers. I'm 19 and will turn 20 in 2 months. Will the pill have any major side effects?
As we age, our organs and body as a whole start to deteriorate, which results in many age-related conditions. Bone and joint pain is one of the most common body aches with the passage of time. Many people consider it untreatable and try to soothe the pain with painkillers and other medications, but there is a way of treating the pain completely naturally and with no side-effects
- The knees are one of the body parts that is subjected to a lot of wear and tear over time. They support our weight and are very important for our movement, which is why they need to be protected. Additionally, our joints can be easily worn down due to a number of factors such as bad posture or inflammation.
- Once joint or bone pain kicks in, it will only increase if left untreated. These aches are usually among the first symptoms of aging, and they progress over time. They won’t go away after a while and should be treated as soon as possible in order to avoid bigger problems. Luckily, this can all be relieved with a simple natural remedy that will provide the joints with essential nutrients and protect them from damage.
- The natural treatment we have for you today can heal your joints and strengthen them and your bones as well. It contains essential nutrients which can prevent numerous problems. What we eat has a profound impact on our overall health including the health of our joints and bones. Nourishing the body with vitamins and minerals becomes increasingly more important overage, and this remedy will help you do exactly that. Here’s how to prepare it:
- Ingredients - 40 gr. Of pumpkin seeds200 gr. Of honey2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin3 tablespoons of raisins8 tablespoons of flaxseedspreparation and use
- Just mix all the ingredients in a blender until you get a homogenous mixture.
- Take a tablespoon of the remedy twice a day and continue with it until you feel positive results.
- Try the remedy yourself, and you will restore your mobility soon!