Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in wada and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip LatkeYour feedback matters!
My 1.3 year old baby has made weight fall on his both legs, orthopedicIan said there is no fracture and given imol syrup but he is not able to walk properly. What to do. By when he will walk properly.
My son is 5 years old. His health is normal, height is good. But in the time of season change he is suffering from cough, a lot of is product in his lungs. Some times his cough is mucolite or asthma type. I am also suffering from asthma, this is genetic. Another thing his skin glaze is not good. So, sir what can we do for him to remedies.
It is sad to hear of a loved one suffering, but it is downright painful if that someone is your own child. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a condition which was not paid much attention to for many years. The fact remains, however, that ADHD is something that can adversely affect the life of your child and their relationships. One example is Olympian Michael Phelps, who had been diagnosed with this disorder. In order to know if a child does suffer from it, it is important to pay attention to a few signs.
Signs You Must Not Ignore
- To start off, if a child seems to be fidgety all the time, it is a good sign that there is a chance that he or she may have ADHD. While it is true that children often display feelings of excitement as well as a degree of restlessness most of the time, the ability of a child suffering from ADHD to sit still, quite literally, surpasses any normal standards for even a very restless child who does not have ADHD.
- As a matter of fact, most children who are diagnosed with the disorder are diagnosed by the time they are 7 or 8 years old. For many kids, this has something to do with the signs that are displayed once they join school, which are related to their behavioural habits. For example, children who have ADHD are likely to show their inability to await their turn in a group activity. As a result, they are likely to interrupt not only their peers, but also their teachers to say express their thoughts.
- For those who are not well versed with this issue that so many children face, the behaviour of a child with ADHD come across as being outright selfish. However, this is really not the case. In many cases, since children with ADHD find it difficult to follow plans and set out tasks, their inability to do so is often considered as lack of intelligence. Such judgements can lower the morale of the child and make him or her feel inadequate, insecure and left out.
Many children who have ADHD are not loud and usually do not stand out in a group. Rather, they are more likely to be the quiet ones who daydream. All this can have major effects on the academic record of the child, and it is fair to say that he or she is quite likely to under perform compared to the rest of the students in the class.
If you see any of these signs, do not be alarmed. However, do seek a doctor’s opinion to know for sure if your child has ADHD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
My son is getting cold and cough continuously from 6 months homeopathy medicines are given but not reduced. And their is swelling inside the throat?
My grand son was immunized for pneumonia and typhoid on 9th March. Its been 4 days since then and he has been suffering from fever in the 100-102 range. He gets more cranky at nights. The moment the effect of calpol recedes his fever comes back. He has running nose and probably body ache too. He is 2 years old.Just wanted to check if these you can provide any light on what needs to be done.
Hello, My child suffering from marasmus which of the clinical manifestation is commonly observed? What should we do to cure?
My son present age is 1 year 4 month suffering from acute loosing motion 40 times in a day and day by day he looses his weight I have given all the medicine which was recomandate by doctor but nothing happend please provide resolution
My daughter is 12-years-old and always fall sick. She has also deteriorated in her studies and is not able to concentrate. She gets tonsillitis, fever, morning sneeze and severe cold regularly. Blood tests which was done on Dec 5, 2015 showed that her eosinophil count is 6%, and all other reports were normal. Please advise me as to what best can be done to make her healthy and get rid of all these ailments. I am waiting for your reply.
I am 3 months after delivery and am giving breastfeeding. Nowadays am feeling so tiredness during the time of feeding so please suggest some vitamins tablets for me continue with breast feed.
My son is 3.5 years old, he got stomach pain first. By taking motion test, the result is hookworm. Then after taking scan, he got mesenteric adenitis. He is taking macox zh kid and senasef. How long will it take to cure? What is the cause for this disease? Is hookworm serious? kindly tell what not to do?
My daughter age is 4 years and 9 months ab tak bolna nahin sikhi hai please advice me what can i do to solve this problem?
My baby' s feets are normally little hot at day and night. He is 1 year and 4 months old. Is it normal?
My 10 mths old son has cough issue for the last one mth in regular intervals. Further he don't take proper diet. Just dependent on mother's milk & biscuits. Kindly suggest some remedy.
My baby is 1.6 years old. She eats nothing. I tried many ways. Not evn angrily happily plsyfully. I tried various food. Bt all waste. She remains hungry. Bt evn thn whn I try to feed her. She cries a lot. She not evn want to explore food. Whn plate comes whether it has colors or of different texture. She runs away. She has reduced lots of weight. M getting hopeless now. Evn the food she likes, she wats for 2 days only. Thn again blank. What should I do. Please please help me.
Tuberculosis is a serious infectious disease that can affect the lungs. The bacteria spread through sneezes and coughs making it a communicable disease. This disease was rare and limited to the Western Countries until 1985. The emergence of HIV virus has made tuberculosis a global disease to reckon with. Although the rate of TB has come down since 1993, it remains a top concern for many countries. The biggest worry is the fact that TB bacteria can build resistance to many drugs. Therefore, it is very important that a TB patient takes a variety of medication suggested by the doctor at the right time.
Although your body is already in possession of the bacteria leading to tuberculosis, your immune system is able to prevent you from becoming sick. Doctors have made a distinction between latent and active tuberculosis (TB)--
In case of latent TB, the bacteria in the body in a passive state and it causes no symptoms, and therefore it is not contagious. But, in the case of active TB, you would become sick and may even spread the disease to others. It can take place in the first few weeks or even after several months of being infected with TB bacteria.
Types of Tuberculosis:
There are two types of tuberculosis- Latent and Active.
- Latent Tuberculosis is a condition where the bacteria stays in the system of a person but doesn’t show up any symptoms of TB. Although this type of TB is not contagious, it requires treatment so that TB can be controlled from spreading.
- Then there is active tuberculosis. It shows symptoms in the first few weeks and can spread to another person as well.
What are the symptoms of active TB?
- If you are coughing for over three weeks and sometimes even coughing up blood, it can be a sign of TB.
- Chest pain and pain while coughing and breathing along with fatigue, fever, chills and night sweat are the common symptoms of TB along with loss of appetite and unintentional weight loss.
- TB may even affect other organs of your body, including your brain, spine and kidneys.
- When TB takes place outside the lungs, then the signs of TB can vary as per the organs that are involved. For instance, TB in the spine can cause back pain and that in kidneys may cause blood in the urine.
What are the causes of TB?
- TB is stemmed from a bacteria which spreads from individual to individual via the microscopic droplets that are released into the air.
- This may happen when an affected person is left untreated and he speaks or sneezes or coughs or laughs. Though the disease is contagious, it is not easy to be affected by it.
- As a result, you are much more likely to get affected with active tuberculosis from a person you live with or come in regular contact with, rather than a stranger.
- It is important to note here that people who are affected with TB and going through proper medications for over two weeks are no more contagious.
Tuberculosis - How to effectively treat it?
With the treatment for tuberculosis, one should have patience as it may take time to cure a person completely of tuberculosis and the associated symptoms. Many factors are taken into consideration while determining the course of the treatment for tuberculosis, some of which include
- Type of tuberculosis (Latent or Active).
- Age of the patient.
- The condition being drug resistant.
- The general health of the patient (if there are any other health conditions that may interfere with the treatment).
In the case of Active TB and that too, a drug-resistant type, the use of multiple drugs (simultaneously) may be needed to produce the desired results. The drugs commonly used include Pyrazinamide, Rifampin, Ethambutol, and Isoniazid. In most cases, the doctors suggest the drugs be continued for at least six- nine months for positive results.
Some patients with Active TB (drug resistant) may also benefit from the use of fluoroquinolones (antibiotics) taken along with capreomycin, amikacin, or kanamycin (mostly given in the form of injections). Most patients are required to follow the medication for 20-30 months duration.
Unlike the Active TB, in the case of Latent TB, a combination of drugs and medications is not required. A single TB specific drug is enough to treat the condition.
Therefore, it is important to seek medical assistance and detect if you have any such health complications concerning TB.
My baby is of 4 months he didn't did the potty from last two days wat is the reason what should I do? He is also not taking feed in good quantity.
2 days ago
To prevent nappy rash,change nappy every six hour atleast.Between the changes,keep baby dry and naked for some time,then apply coconut oil.