Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Thane and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandhya PradhanYour feedback matters!
I have persisting problem of alopecia & its going & coming but now its worst. Earlier when its starts it was on face & head both places but now only on head left side two patches are there. Kindly advice with remedy & medicine if any. In January I'll be in India if I'll get any name of doctor so I can visit. Regards Naveen.
Hi, I am 25 years old female. I have acne problem on my face and full red marks on my chicks my face looks very dirty please suggest me how I will get clear skin?
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
I have some white hairs so what is good for my hair's month or color. I used to apply month but saloon expertise suggest not to apply momate because hairs getting dry n rough. N whether hair oil or serum is good for my hairs.
I am suffering from acne, it's many days that I suffered from it, I used many creams like Himalaya, suggest me a natural treatment for it. I also have scars on my face. Suggest me and I need a treatment without any side effects. Thank you.
I have continuous itching between both my legs, if I scratch it with my fingers it turns dry white in colour, currently I apply quadriderm cream which helps to heal temporary and again after some time of healing red colour patches are developed. Pls consult.
In the meanwhile since 6-7 months suffering pruritus vulvae. I do not know whether it is a infection? Help me out please.
An overproduction of oil, combined with dirt, bacteria, dead skin cells or residual make-up, usually lead up to clogged up pores, that appear black in colour, to show up on your skin. These are called blackheads. Though treating blackheads is not that difficult, it is always better to prevent them.
Here are some tips to prevent blackheads:
- The basic thing you can do to keep blackheads away is to wash your face regularly. It is important to keep your face clean, to prevent oil and dirt build-up, which clogs pores and lead to blackheads.
- Use gentle cleansers that contain salicylic acid.
- Never wash your face with hot water; use lukewarm water instead.
- If you have oily skin, use oil-free cleansers. If you have dry skin, use cream or glycerine-based cleansers.
- Avoid bar soaps since they tend to clog pores.
- Washing your face is important, but make sure not to over-wash. Washing your face frequently will irritate skin, strip it off its natural oils and cause more breakouts. Washing your face two-times in a day is sufficient.
- Always remove your make-up before you go to bed. Cosmetic products or make-up, if left on skin for too long, can lead to clogged pores.
- Use gentle make-up remover or cleanser to remove make-up.
- Keep your make-up brushes or cosmetic sponges clean to prevent bacteria that can cause clogged pores.
- If you lead a very active lifestyle, always shower after laborious activities. Sweating generally leads to an overload of bacteria, which ends up causing blackheads.
- After washing your face, don’t forget to apply moisturiser. Sufficiently hydrated skin actually helps keep blackheads at bay. Always use a moisturiser meant for your skin types. For example, if you have oily skin, don’t go for heavy creams; choose oil-free lightweight creams instead.
- Since excessive dead skin cells are also a cause of blackheads, it is imperative to exfoliate regularly. Gently exfoliate your skin to remove bacteria and dead skin cells to prevent blackheads.
- Exfoliating will prevent blackheads, so if you already have blackheads, simply exfoliating won’t do.
- Choose gentle exfoliators as harsh scrubs can irritate your skin.
- Having oily skin means your battle with blackheads is never-ending. The best way to combat blackheads, is to use products that absorb extra oil.
- Weekly clay masks, counter benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid treatments can be extremely beneficial.
- Lastly, if you do think you see a blackhead on your nose, don’t touch it! Touching or picking it will only spread bacteria and oil, causing more blackheads. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.