Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandesh Kene
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sandesh KeneYour feedback matters!
My age is 26 years and my weight is just 54 kgs I am looking very thin because of weight loss and not having proper body structure everyone is giving different different suggestions to gain weight as a doctor kindly suggest me the best way to gain weight and to maintain proper structure suggest me the best medicines.
I am 26 years old and I wanna know is it possible now to increase height and if it increases what should I need to do.
A stomach ulcer or gastric ulcer refers to the defects or breakdown in the mucosal lining in the stomach. The stomach contains acid, which helps in digestion and any break in the tissue lining may result in severe pain or bleeding in some cases. The pain is usually felt in the abdomen.
Stomach ulcers cause great discomfort and should be treated effectively. Here are the primary ways for treating stomach ulcers:
Antibiotics: In the case of H. pylori infection, you should take a course of more than two antibiotics, to be taken twice a day and must be continued for a week. Antibiotics such as amoxicillin, clarithromycin or metronidazole may be used in case of such stomach ulcers. However it is always recommended to consult a specialized doctor before consuming any of these medicines. After several weeks of using the antibiotics, you should get a test done for detection of H. pylori bacteria. If they are still present, you have to take different antibiotics.
Proton Pump Inhibitors: Proton pump inhibitors or PPIs helps in the reduction of the amount of acid produced by the stomach. This prevents damage to the ulcer and lets it heal naturally. PPIs are generally taken for four to eight weeks. The most common PPIs which are used for treating stomach ulcers are omeprazole, pantoprazole and lansoprazole.
H2 Receptor Antagonists: H2 receptor antagonists reduce the production of stomach acid and function the same as PPIs. The most common H2 receptor for treating stomach ulcers is ranitidine.
Antacids/ Alginate: All measures to treat stomach ulcers take several hours to show results. Your doctor may prescribe antacid medications for neutralizing the stomach acid. This will provide relief for the moment, but the relief is quite temporary and for a short span of time. By this time, the strong medicines most likely start working. There is a certain antacid medicine known as alginate. This develops a protective coating on the stomach lining. Antacids are available at all over the counter medicine stores and you should consult your doctor to get the best antacid which would work effectively on your stomach ulcer symptoms. You should take antacids before going to sleep or after taking meals.
Natural Remedies: Stomach ulcer can also be treated at home using natural remedies. Medicines may sometimes cause further digestive complications, so home remedies are much more easy to follow and do not have side effects. The best way is to follow a proper diet, which is comprised of certain food items that help in curing stomach ulcers. You should consume bananas, honey, garlic, green leafy vegetables like cabbage, licorice and capsaicin.
Stomach ulcers cause great pain and also bleeding in several cases. Proper treatment procedures should be taken in case of stomach ulcer. There are many medical remedies, as well as home remedies for treating stomach ulcers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
The battle of supremacy between processed and whole foods has been raging on for quite some time now. Which is better? Which is more nutritional? The debate seems a never ending one. This article will tell you the benefits and drawbacks of both types of foods. It’s for you to decide which one is better for you and which isn't.
Processed foods are foods which have been altered in some way or the other to make them healthier, to make them taste better or for storage purposes. Almost every day to day food that you consume is processed. Some examples of processed foods include breakfast cereals, cheese, milks, soft drinks, bread etc.
Advantages of processed foods
Here are some advantages that you drive home from processed foods:
1. Processed foods like different types of jams and juices taste very good and last longer, making them a part of every household.
2. Processed fruits, vegetables and herbs, when stored in cans, tend to be free from bacteria and other harmful agents.
3. They are easy to purchase because they are available in all seasons
Disadvantages of processed foods
Processed foods have their own set of drawbacks. Here are some of them:
1. Some processed foods are genetically modified, which may cause a negative impact on your health.
2. Foods tend to lose their nutritional value when processed.
3. Foods that contain added sugar and fat can lead to a lot of health problems like diabetes, heart diseases and other cardiovascular problems.
Natural foods are those which don’t undergo any change in the form of added color, sugar or flavor. Natural foods go straight from vegetable farms and poultry farms to the market where you can purchase them.
Advantages of natural foods
Fresh fruits, vegetables or meat are categorized under natural foods, including a host of other foods as well which are not processed. Here are their advantages:
1. Natural foods are as nature intended them to be. They contain no added ingredients or flavor.
2. A diet comprising of natural foods keeps many diseases at bay.
3. Natural foods are free harmful flavor enhancers like MSG
4. Natural foods are rich in vitamins and minerals which are necessary for a healthy you.
Disadvantages of natural foods
There are not many disadvantages of natural foods apart from the facts that they are difficult to store, spoil after a certain period and are not available all year round. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor, my face have too much acne, as I break it there is so many dark spots in my face. How can I reduce these dark spots?
Hi, I have slip disc and cause of that I'm really fat now and I really don't know what exercise to do which will help me loose weight fast and won't cause any trouble for me and effect my slip disc situation.
I started taking Sevista 30 twice a week on doctor's advice to stop heavy bleeding. Medicine course started on 04/06. Position has improved. No period after taking medicine. Can I continue it for another 3 months?
Hi, I am suffering from weight-gain problem. I am 40 years old with 5 feet 2 inch height. My weight is 75 kg. I do regular free-hand exercise and conscious about my daily diet. However can't reduce weight. Please help me out.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories:
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- Peritonitis and
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types.
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. She may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
In large number of cases of tubal scarring tubes would be open on tubal testing. However, it may not be working well or is functional. A lot of women with so called unexplained infertility may actually have tubal scarring or non functional tubes as the cause of Infertility. IVF is the best treatment option in such cases as it would bypass the work of the tubes completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.