Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandesh AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from back neck pain. When I want to study I feel pain in back neck I want to become active person so please help me. Thank you.
I am 31years old I have sugar used tablets when in control I stopped taking tablets I thought my sugar level increased what to do now.
Hii. Doctor suggest me to eat a dark chocolate it is good for healthy sperm an skin. But I do not know that when we eat after food or a before. Or in moaning or at bedtime. An how many time in a day or a week? please suggest me.
Hello! I am 22 year boy. I have some problem in stomach for two months, and now it seems so painful. Tell m what I can do.
Dear doctor, I am 24 years old. UpTo 4 months I have lot sex desires and so much erections in sleep. But I did masturbation at that time daily from last 7 yrs. But now suddenly desires are not coming. Erections also not there now in sleep or daytime. I stopped masturbation now totally. I am living in hostel from last four months. Here in no chilly powder and salt Does food effects on me or any other. Please give me suggestions I am disturbing about this that I won't satisfy a girl. I am jobless. I am searching for job from last four months.
3 person in my family (me, my father and my brother) suffering asthma what should we do for clearness.
I am suffering from chronic constipation with hypertension and parkinson's. What is cure. Am 64 years old.
I have diabetes problem from a long time is there any way that I can avoid regular medicine dose? Please tell me.
I have a health question I like to take my sperm out daily then it will cause any harm to me and my body parts or not please doc help me out for my problem.
The famous adage “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” has given apples a lot of popularity. If you are visiting someone who is ill, the safest fruit to take would be apples. It is also one of the first foods to be given to an infant. It is also known for its soothing effect on the stomach. Be it weight watchers or recovering patients, apple is what everybody reaches out to.
People, however, have developed a misconception that the peel of the apple contains chemicals and should be peeled off before consumption. Not many realize that the maximum benefits of an apple are realized only when it is eaten with the peel.
Read on to know more about eating a whole apple versus a peeled one.
- Fiber: If fruits are known for their fiber, then peeling the apple takes away more than half the fiber content from it. An apple with peel gives about 4 g of fiber, while without it gives about 1.5 to 2 g. That is almost 50%, which definitely is not worth throwing out.
- Vitamins and minerals: Apples are considered good sources of potassium and vitamins like C and A. Same as fiber, more than half the benefits are lost if the peel is removed. Since potassium goes a long way in keeping the heart healthy, wouldn't it be great to reap those benefits?
- Cancer-fighting agent: Apples contain triterpenoids, which are believed to either kill or control the growth of cancer cells. These again are concentrated in the peel, and peeling an apple takes away this benefit.
- Fat burner: The skin of the apple contains ursolic acid, which helps in fighting obesity by burning more fat, and peeling it takes away the fat-burning benefits of an apple. This also helps in improving sugar and glucose levels and also aids weight loss.
- Antioxidants: Apples contain a compound called quercetin which helps in controlling memory loss and dementia. This again is concentrated in the skin, which should, therefore, be retained. The bioactive substances including polyphenols and pectins are also lost when the peel is removed.
- Eases breathing: The same quercetin also helps in easing breathing and improves lung function. This is especially important in people who have chronic lung issues like asthma.
One point of contention here is that most people peel the apple as it is not healthy and full of wax coating which gives it a fresh look. Organic apples are therefore preferred compared to the glossy ones. Further, you can dip your fruits in drinking water for 15-20 minutes to enjoy it without worrying about superficial add-on chemicals. When nicely washed, these apples are devoid of wax and also pack in all the required nutrients.
Quick tip for festivals
Try to have a fruit smoothie made especially from unpeeled apple with little curd water and honey, avoid banana. It is a perfect way to boost your energy during festivities while keeping your calories in check. So, go ahead and eat them to your heart’s content. Remember to keep the peel on though! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.