Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samrat D MehtaYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctors, My son born on 10-April-2016 and currently he is having 55 days with 3.9 Kg around. From yesterday morning we observed quite frequently he is vomiting after having feed. Feed will be maximum with Similac Advance 1 with quantity of around 90 ml in the frequency of 2.5 hrs to 3 hrs interval since wife not having enough milk but still she was trying to feed him. And he passed motion yesterday morning with mixing of green and yellow colour after that now only he passed motion but smell is very bad and we observing like he used to crying lot for last 2 days. Kindly suggest your most valuable suggestions. We are awaiting for your response very much eagerly. Thanks
A mother's prime focus always is how to ensure that her child is happy and comfortable, especially when the child is too small. One of the problems which bothers many mothers who are bringing up really small children, is diaper rash. Sensitive skin, tight diaper and prolonged contact with feces and urine etc are common reasons for diaper rash or irritant diaper dermatitis.
Here are few tips to avoid diaper rash and ensuring your child is always comfortable.
1. Careful with wash: if you are using a cloth diaper, be extra careful in washing such that there is no soap remaining in the cloth.
2. Clean well: when bathing your baby, make sure you clean the area covered by diaper with a mild soap and do not rub the area while drying, since the skin is sensitive.
3. Remove soiled diaper instantly: this is the most important. However busy you are, you need to aware of the times when the diaper/cloth has been soiled. And when soiled, the diaper has to be changed at the earliest. Do not keep your baby in the diaper for all hours of the day. It is good if they are out of the diaper for some time every day.
4. Keep the diaper loose. Also, ensure that you wash the cotton diapers with fabric softeners and try to avoid wipes altogether as they have strong chemicals in them.
5. Keep a tab on rashes: if your baby does get the rashes, check with the pediatrician at the earliest. Frequent topical applications of a bland protective barrier agent (zinc oxide paste) may suffice to prevent dermatitis. There are also chances of fungal infections. Antifungal creams should be used on advice of a doctor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
When you are becoming a mother, then a great deal of special attention needs to be paid towards you and the baby. At such a delicate juncture in life, you cannot risk the health of the baby and the mother by resorting to conventional medicine system that comes bundled with plenty of side effects. Listed below are a few reasons why you should opt for a homeopathic system of medication.
- It is completely safe as it has no side effects
- Homeopathic medicines are mostly prepared from non-toxic substances such as plants
- The medicine works by stimulating the body's own immune and healing systems
- Homeopathy not only targets one ailment but the overall well-being of the body
For the Mother
- Wound healing - After you deliver a baby, your body has a lot of internal bleeding and wounds that require special medical care. Here homeopathy comes to the rescue using Arnica Montana, which is one of the most popular agents that help in healing.
- Breast problems - Homeopathy is quite useful in treating a lot of breast related conditions like mastitis, cracked nipples, breast lumps and such others. In this condition a homeopathic medicine called Phytolacca Decandra can help treat such issues.
- Baby blues - It refers to periods of low moods and depressions that happen after conceiving a baby. In this case, the homeopathic medicine Pulsatilla helps you to revive your mood.
- For the Baby
- Teething - Teething is the stage when the baby tends to develop his or her baby teeth. It is identified by a baby with bright red cheek crying due to discomfort.
- Sleep - Uneven sleeping pattern of babies is also a common problem which causes them discomfort and irritation which makes them cry at times.
- Immunization - It is known that homeopathic medicine mostly focuses on the overall betterment of the human body.
Therefore, taking homeopathic remedies also fortifies your immune system thus helping the baby fight ailments in an efficient and effective manner.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How Homeopathy Can Cure Muscle and Joint Pain?
Most mothers complain this.Whereas the real condition in majority of cases is not a disease "vomiting" READ ON. YOur baby is possetting.
What is possetting?
Possetting is normal in small babies. It's when small amounts of milk are brought back up. It's often why parents have a cloth with them after a feed to catch the posset which often bubbles through baby's lips after a feed
What causes possetting?
Often when your baby's stomach is full, milk can come back up. Babies often posset a little when burping, bringing up the milk often with swallowed air or wind.
In a baby the muscular valve at the end of their food pipe, which acts to keep food in the stomach, hasn't developed properly yet.
What are the symptoms of possetting?
Bringing up about a few teaspoons worth of milk after a feed.
It's non-forceful and tends to dribble out.
How is possetting treated?
If it is just possetting your GP or health visitor will give you reassurance that is it quite normal.
They can also help establish if it is the more serious conditions of reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease known as GERD.
What is reflux?
Reflux is more serious than possetting. It's when the stomach contents are regurgitated.
When acid from the baby's stomach comes up as well as the milk, this can be painful. About half of babies will experience some form of reflux during their first year. As the muscular valve gets stronger, your baby is better at keeping food down.
How to tell the difference?
If your baby shows discomfort when feeding, such as arching away, refusing to feed and crying, it can be a sign of reflux. She may also frequently vomit or spit up more than normal possetting, and cough a lot, including at night, with no other sign of a cold.
If your baby displays any of the above symptoms check with your GP. Reflux is quite common. It tends to peak between one and four months and normally ends by 12-18 months.
How to alleviate reflux?
It can often be successfully controlled by simple remedies: For example:
More small feeds to prevent your baby's stomach getting too full.
Keeping him upright during and for at least half an hour after a feed.
Avoid tight clothing, particularly around your baby's stomach.
Ask your doctor or health visitor for advice.
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
If reflux is very severe there can be complications like damage to the oesophagus ( oesophagus), or long-term problems and this is diagnosed as gastro-oesophageal reflux disease ( GERD).
Symptoms may include: vomiting, failure to put on weight, coughing and breathing problems.
If your baby vomits bile which is green, has repeated projectile vomiting or vomits blood seek medical advice straight away. Symptoms like bloody stools (poo), abdominal distention, excessive crying or if baby keeps refusing feeds may also be signs of GERD, and again should be checked by a medical professional promptly.
It is rare for infants to suffer from GERD but bringing milk up is very common for most babies, who tend to grow out of possetting or reflux by 12-18 months.
My baby 5 months old had got bubbles like heat bubbles on his face, is it due to heat or any allergies.
What is nasal pholips? how immunity and strength can be increased? my nephew is 10 years old, for past 5 years he quite often suffers from cold and cough continued with fever. Even a glass of cold water, results in tonsils and cold with fever. 1-2 hours of outdoor play makes him dull, he feels weekness and thus falls ill. Exertion results in illness. What may be the cause and cure for the same.
Hi my age is 45 I have broncholitis problem form many years. Initially I went to ENT he gave me steroids. After that I gained weight. I am doing daily exercise still my weight is not reduced up to my expedition I want both advise for my bronchiolities and weight reduction.
How to care new born 3 months baby what food have to take for mother what all vaccines to be take new born baby.
I'm a 14 year old female who was diagnosed with Otosclerosis. If I have mild hearing loss in my left ear how long do you think it will take for me to go completely deaf in one ear? And also a stapedectomy was recommend as a surgical treatment if I wanted it by my ENT specialist. She told me that it.
My son is 3 years old, but he has been suffering from sneezing nose last 6 months, please tell me any treatment,
Hi sir, why most of babies cry at night? I always check her passing urine, nd given mother feed also. But still y? My baby can play by morn to midnight after that she can start crying still at morn 4 am.
My son who is 8 year old. If he drinks milk or take any food in the morning, he omits it. During day time whatever he eats he digests it properly. The problem occurs only early morning. Please suggest me what to do?
My wife infected with chicken pox, today she found the symptoms. We have a baby breast feeding baby of 9 weeks age. What are the precautions we should take now.
I have just delivered a baby 8 days back I have started breastfeeding her but I have cracked and bleeding nipples. They are very painful also. Kindly help.
I have a small baby boy of 11 months old. What would be the diet I can give to keep healthy for my baby.?
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.