Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sachin Wani
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin WaniYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Realy amazing experience. Doctor is genious in Gastric problems. I have toooo much pain since 12 days, visited 3 doctors, addmited for 3 days but my stomach pain remains same, yesterday i visited to Dr Sachin Vani & in just 2 minutes he understood my problem & advised me some medicines, from only first day my most of pain is cured, also look to his reputation his fees is very reasonable. I am thankful to him, i experienced he is best doctor i have ever visit in gastroenterology.
Dr. Wani is a thorough professional who is a domain expert and has a very wholesome approach in dealing with the illness. Very committed and dedicated, he has been a 'turn around' doc for us, who completely brought my mother back for me, while we had pretty much given up! The best thing about him is his focus and attention to post treatment care, which makes all the difference.
Dr. Sachin Wani is very knowledgable in gastro related ailments. He listened to me patiently, talked to me about possible causes, prescribed some medicines and only necessary tests. I am feeling much better after the treatment.
He is very good doctor and he explains the treatment to be done to patient in a very effective way.
Excellent. Listens to all the problems carefully and explained the causes and the solution.
Friendly, precise diagnosis and provided personal attention
Very good experience excellent
Very good experience
One of the more severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis - The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease - People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's colitis - This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas,
- Ileitis - This type affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis - In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Despite the uncertainty as to the nature of the specific causes of Crohn's disease, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as:-
- Certain edibles
- Viruses or harmful bacteria
The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: This can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in more severe cases.
- In rare cases, there may be blood in your stool.
- In more intense cases, you may even develop a fever.
- Cramping and intermittent belly pain.
- Anemia, due to a reduction in iron levels caused by bloody stools.
- Weight loss.
- Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus, called anal fissures.
Some traditions are unique in this country. On the top of the bill lies the ritual of sitting together with family during holidays and sharing a grand and unending meal. Although, this is really fun but the after effects of these get together are not very pretty; with the spread of hearty dishes, it becomes very hard to control the appetite and you end up overeating. Having a party with friends or watching football or cricket match that is directed towards relieving the situation, but in reality, it makes the situation worse. If this is the only viable means of following your tradition, then it is time to consider what you are doing to your body.
Gastric distresses is just the beginning: Overeating during the holidays can lead to unhealthy weight gain, and in case you are already overweight, then it may lead to obesity. Now this in turn would play its role in making you prone to heart diseases, blood pressure, diabetes and several other severe diseases. A single instance of eating more than you should may lead to short-term consequences that are not simply confined to bloating or excess gas. Expert gastroenterologists opine that seasonal overeating can have a ripple effect throughout the body which can also affect the nervous system.
Overeating is very harmful: After you have eaten more than your stomach can hold, the post-meal malaise you go through is not actually the outcome of the tryptophan in the chicken; it has resulted from the increase in blood flow through the digestive tract, and it's your body's way of protesting that you must stop now. Every disease has a cause that is often rooted in one's habits. One of the most prominent results of overeating is the deterioration of the digestive system. With a poor digestive system, you may feel nauseous, uneasy and a subtle weakness in the limbs and legs.
Limiting the function of major organs: If you eat more than your body can take up even occasionally, it will bring about an overload in the entire physical system casting a stress on the intestines, stomach, heart and other major organs. Your body has limited energy and blood and when you overeat, all the organs demand more energy for functioning optimally. Thus just half of the required resources reach your limbs and brain.
There are various ways of enjoying with your close ones and overeating though may appear to be a fun thing to do, it has the power to impair your system. But if you have already indulged in the same, it's probably time to visit your gastroenterologist to help the digestive system to soothe down. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dyspepsia is an uncommon word, but a very common problem. This medical condition is more commonly known as indigestion of the stomach and small intestine. The symptoms of this condition include abdominal pain, bloating, belching, nausea and a loss of appetite. They come and go varying terms of frequency and intensity.
Some of the common causes of dyspepsia are lactose intolerance, anxiety, regurgitated stomach juices, stomach ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome and excessive caffeine or alcohol intake. In most cases dyspepsia can be easily treated with home remedies.
Here are the 5 best ways to treat it:
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice cleanses the digestive system by flushing out waste material and undigested food. It also inhibits the formation of acids in the stomach and boosts appetite. Dilute the juice of 1 lemon in a glass of water to avail its benefits. You could also add half a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice to this. Ginger also aids in digestion and prevents flatulence.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk has cooling properties and helps calm the stomach and intestines. It is also suitable for people who are lactose intolerant. Drink a glass of buttermilk immediately after a meal to improve your digestion. You could also flavor it with roasted cumin powder or mint. Mint also helps in relieving indigestion and prevents buildup of gases in the stomach while cumin stimulates the secretion of pancreatic enzymes.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is the best remedy for any stomach bug. It is rich in probiotics that help restore balance healthy gut bacteria and stabilize digestion. Yogurt can be had as an accompaniment to your meals or mixed with steamed rice to make it a meal in itself.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek boosts appetite and helps relieve indigestion. This herb is known for its soothing properties that cleanse the digestive system. Fenugreek leaves can be bitter and unpalatable. Hence, to benefit from this, boil the leaves and then lightly fry them in butter before eating them.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate juice is an excellent way to treat indigestion and diarrhea. Its antioxidant properties also make it a good remedy for heartburn. To benefit from pomegranate juice, dilute the juice of a pomegranate in a glass of water along with a tablespoon of honey.
Along with this, also take a look at your eating habits. Avoid eating on the move and chew your food properly. Eat only when you are hungry and control your portion sizes. Lastly, make the time to exercise for half an hour or so every day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Gall stones is becoming a common problem in adults of all age groups. Faulty eating habits, long gaps, spicy oily foods, prolonged fasting is making gall bladder work overtime and causing damage to it's inner lining leading to formation of stones. Gall stones can lead to sudden impaction with acute cholecystitis and or obstructive jaundice if it slips in the bile duct. You may suddenly have excruciating pain in right side of abdomen with vomiting.
Diagnosis is by doing ultrasound abdomen and liver function tests. If stones are small and you have no symptoms, they can be treated by medicines like ursedeoxycholic acid. If you start experiencing excessive acidity or abdominal pain, you will require treatment for same.
Treatment of large stones, symptomatic or impacted stones is laparoscopic or keyhole cholecystectomy i. E. Removal of gall bladder with stones and not only stone removal. As gall bladder is diseased and stones are a sequelae.
You have to admit for one day, surgery takes an hour approximately and you will be discharged next day. You will have minimal scars and can resume all activities in a week's time.
Prevention of gall stones is to inculcate good eating habits and timely food to be taken with a balanced diet.
Complications of gallstones can be severe like jaundice, perforation of gall bladder and spillage of bile in abdomen. Diabetes can aggravatile the situation.