Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SachinYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant I check up and the result is its around only a month so I do not want this child this child will be destroy by medicine?
Hi doctor, I am a 24 years old female. I took unwanted 72 (1.5 mg) twice in the month of August. I had unprotected sex on 8th of August and took unwanted-72 the very next day. My period was due on 19th August, and it came on time. But I had unprotected sex again of 28th of August (which was 3 days after my period was over) and took unwanted-72, the very next day within 12 hrs. Do I still have a chance of pregnancy? When can I expect my withdrawal bleeding? Pls help me out doctor.
Hello doctor. She has missed her periods. She tested pregnancy. It is positive. She need not issue. Pls help what to do.
Sedentary lifestyles have taken a toll our health, impacting the stamina of our body. Whether you are an athlete or a regular person who requires building physical and mental stamina in order to easily perform daily tasks, try these 5 highly effective ways to do so.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking adequate quantity of water goes a long way in maintaining a good stamina level and also building it gradually. Water also helps fight muscle fatigue and you can also combine its consumption with certain sports drinks such as gatorade.
- Maintain a stable sleep schedule: Chronic sleep disorders have been known to lead to troublesome issues such as rapid weight gain and high blood pressure. It is very essential to get sound sleep for an adequate time period on a daily basis in order to keep your body fresh and increase stamina.
- Follow a strict exercise regime: Exercise is the best way to help your body build up stamina and increase energy levels. People who exercise on a regular basis are likely to develop an improved endurance level and stamina. Also, these people have lower fatigue levels. Try and work out for at least half an hour every day.
- Maintain a healthy diet: Food products rich in nutrients are bound to give a credible stamina boost to your body. Include foods in your diet that are rich sources of carbohydrates and starches, such as vegetables, fruits and lean meats. Also, eat small meals and consume them throughout the day.
- Keep a positive attitude: A positive attitude helps a lot in keeping your brain cells energetic and excited. Try and focus on the work at hand and complete it in the best way possible. A healthy mind is bound to keep you feeling good and healthy, thus boosting your mental stamina.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I'm 23 years old and newly married women about 4 months but I get problem in my sex life I feel very pain in my vagina one of doctor told me that my hymen seal is not break yet. And I wanted to be pregnant as soon as possible.
I am 45 years unmarried female. I wnt to know about the fertility test and what are new medical technology to preserve the eggs or fertility and how much it cost? Can I conceive or not in future? Tell me about my case.
Hi, I had an abortion in June 2015, since then my periods have been irregular. I have put on weight and have not got my periods from last 3 months. Is this normal? Also I smoke does that add to my problem?
Diet for PCOD and Scope of Homoeopathy
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
A healthy lifestyle doesn't just mean eating right; it also means eating food prepared using the right cooking oil. Generally, people buy cooking oil that is advertised as healthy or the one which is being bought regularly for years. However, there is much more to choosing a good cooking oil than just that.
Basic things to remember when choosing an oil
1. Fat composition
-there are 3 types of fats: unsaturated fatty acids saturated and trans fats. Unsaturated are the best followed by saturated, worst being the trans fats.
-unsaturated fats are further classified into monounsaturated fatty acids (mufa) and polyunsaturated fatty acids (pufa)
-studies have shown that when used in place of saturated fats, pufa can help to improve cholesterol levels thereby reducing the risk for heart disease.
-as a rule of thumb, you should choose pufa and mufa containing oils like olive, rice bran, mustard and canola oil, over saturated fats, like butter and vanaspati ghee, to minimize your risk for heart disease.
-trans fats are a strict no-no and are best avoided.
2. Minor health components
-apart from the major components, some oils contain certain components which provide various nutritional benefits even in low levels.
-various such components include tocopherols, oryzanol, phytosterols. All these components have been shown to lower cholesterol levels in the body. They thus help in lowering the risk of heart diseases.
3. Smoke point
-smoking point is the tolerance of oil towards heat. When heated beyond a certain temperature, oil undergoes oxidation thereby forming free radicals which are harmful to your health.
-studies suggest that highly oxidized and heated fats may have carcinogenic effects due to toxic byproducts formed due to frying.
-canola oil, mustard oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil are the ones with a high smoke point and can be used for cooking at high temperature.
Which oils to use?
The oil has around 70% mufa and 22% pufa of which 10% is omega 3 fatty acid, and 12% is omega 6 fatty acid. It was once considered unhealthy, but studies prove that it is one of the healthiest cooking oils due to its high mufa and pufa content. It is low in saturated fatty acids and has an almost ideal omega 6: omega 3 ratio of 6: 5 (olive oil has around 20: 1). It is also rich in vitamin e and antioxidants. Another fact that goes in its favour is that it is cold pressed.
Rice bran oil
Rice bran oil has a very high smoke point and has a mild flavour. It is one of the most balanced oils with 47% mufa, 33% pufa, and 20% saturated fats. It also contains vitamin e, oryzanol and phytosterols. The only drawback of this oil is that it has less omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acid levels.
It is one of the most commonly used oils for cooking. It is a rich source of pufa. The unsaturated fatty acids include 10% alphaleinolenic acid, 50% linoleic acid and 23% oleic acid-all of which is good fat. It contains around 14% saturated fat. It has high smoke point and is commonly used in our homes.
It's a native of Canada and is low acidic in nature. It has a high smoke point and over 60% mufa. It has a neutral taste.
Extra virgin olive oil
It's better known for imparting benefits for the heart. It raises the good cholesterol and lowers the bad cholesterol. 75% fats in it are mufa. It has got the fruity aroma. The only limitation of this oil is that it does not have an ideal omega 6: omega 3 ratios (20: 1).
It is basically refined vegetable oil which is made more stable by increasing its shelf life and decreasing its chances to turn rancid. It is not suitable for deep frying due to its low smoke point. It is considered to be the unhealthiest of al oils since it lacks any vitamins, bioactive compounds and is loaded with trans fats. Consuming this oil is directly linked to high cholesterol and risk of heart diseases.
You should make it a habit of using oils like rice brand oil, canola oil, olive oil and mustard oil in rotation to get the maximum health benefits out of these oils. So go ahead and choose these simple tips to choose your cooking oil for a healthier you.
I am 25 years old, single girl. Am having upper lip darkness and my neck is too dark when compared to my skin colour. Am having irregular periods, is this will be reason? What will be the remedy for this. Am over weight too for my height.
Hi All, Me and my wife had unsafe sex from past 3 months usually she will use I pill tablet to avoid pregnancy, However she was 2 months pregnant can you please suggest some medicines to get abortion, as we didn't want to get children at early stage of our life I would really appreciate if you can send me a prescription along with steps to take care after abortion Thanks
For gynaecologist. I want to get pregnant in the month of may and would follow doctors advice of having intercourse from day 11 to day 21 (alternative days) after periods and have 5 mg folic acid. What are the chances that I can really get pregnant? I am really worried and want to get pregnant soon. I am trying since a week and feeling a bit of heaviness in my stomach and feeling sleepy too. Do you think I should check the pregnancy. If the result comes negative so I do not want to delay my pregnancy I want it any how so how can I get d goal achieved In the month of may itself.
Sir meri shadi abhi hui hai aur maine apni patni ke sath 2 din pehle sambandh banaye tha aur hum dono abhi 3 sal tak bacha paida karna nahi chahte is lehaj se hum dono pregnancy ko raokne ke liye apni wife ko unwanted 72 ka use kara te isko use kiye hue 25 din ho gaya aur idhar usko lag raha hai ki periods hoga lekin ho nahi raha hai aur uska pet ke niche dard ho raha hai please help me.
To achieve optimum health we tend to listen to advice from all and sundry. Unqualified advice may lead to confusion and illness. So what should people really have in their diet?
It would be wise to include the following in your meals:-
1. Nuts: Pistas, almonds or walnuts. Not more than 6 to 8 daily of each. Preferably early morning before breakfast. Avoid cashew nuts and groundnuts.
2. Fruits: Atleast 2 medium sized seasonal fruits like apple or orange daily. Preferably to be had between meals.
3. Vegetables: They should be cooked minimally. At least one green veg and one sprout. Also have salad.
4. Fish oil: Either 200 gm fish weekly or cos liver oil capsules twice daily.
5. Olive oil: Use extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp per person per day. Preferably as a dressing over salads. Don't use for cooking.
Some tips for having meals:
1. Keep 2 - 3 hours between your dinner and bedtime.
2. Restrict use of salt to less than 1 tsp per person per day.
3. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water throughout the day. Never have large quantities of water at a time. Generally sedentary workers should not have more than 2.5 liters of water daily. Don't have water immediately after meals. Wait for at least 30 minutes after meals.
4.1 tsp of cow ghee is recommended for essential fats.
5. Don't have more than 300 kcal per meal.
6. Limit every meal size to what fits in a quarter plate.
7. It is advisable to fast once weekly having fruits, vegetable salad and milk.
8. Use minimal sugar in your meals. Stay away from carbonated sodas.
Exercise for all
Indians require more exercise than westerners.
Exercise daily for 1 hour. Break it up as follows:
40 minutes cardio
10 minutes weights
10 minutes office exercise (stretching and walking in the office)
While doing cardio maintain your pulse at about 80% of your maximum heat rate (approx 120 bpm)
Always warm up before exercise and do stretches after exercise.
Stay any exercise routine gradually.
Daily variations in speed and intensity of exercise are recommended and are most useful.
Drink water or light diet 30 min prior to exercise. Have a warm shower after exercise. Never cold water bath.
Stick to your routine despite all odds.
Get a massage once a month.
Don't exercise with sprained muscles. Give them adequate rest.