Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SachinYour feedback matters!
I got married 3, months before Dec 28 I should have my periods but still not get. But yesterday night I got thick. Brown color bleed which is unusual and still now its bleed so lightly. I have headache and stomach pain. Can get pregnant or not? Pls clear my doubt.
The food you eat affects your physical and mental health. In short, it powers your life. Thus, it is pretty clear that to have a perfect and healthy life, consumption of good and appropriate diet is a must. Without a well-balanced diet, you become prone to a number of diseases, leading to an unhappy and unfit life.
To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. ~ Buddha
In order to lead a happy, successful and cheerful life, it is important to have a good health. Only a healthy person can think out of the box and do great work. Several researches have been conducted and all produced similar outputs that the first step to healthy life is a healthy diet plan.
Similar to your favorite racing car, which needs the right fuel and regular maintenance to stay ahead of others, your body too ask for right food and healthy habits like daily exercises and proper hygiene to work properly. Remember, adding the wrong fuel or not taking proper care of the car will affect the car?s power and performance adversely. In the same way, lack of healthy diet will weaken your body's immune.
The other major benefits of consuming a healthy diet are:
? It controls your body weight
? It improves your mood
? It keeps you fresh and active
? It boosts your energy level
? It combats minor and major diseases
?and the list continues. In short, it is clear that having a healthy diet is something you cannot escape from. Now, you must be thinking what to add and what not to maintain an appropriate diet plan. Well, the answer to this question is listed in the essential tips given below:
1. Minimize the amount of saturated and Trans fats: If you are looking for a healthy diet, make sure to cut down on the intake of saturated fats and say a ?no? to the trans fats. The reason being, both enhance the level of cholesterol, which further leads to heart attack and stroke. Therefore, you should:
? Stop consuming the high levels of saturated fats like potato chips and other packaged cookies.
? Reduce solid fats from your diet like butter, margarine and many others.
? Become a label-savvy. Do keep a check on the food labels of the prepared foods available in the market.
? Be a smart buyer and bring home rich food items such as fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, and seeds.
2. Add fiber-rich foods to foster heart health: The main role of fiber is to prevent heart disease. Along this, it lowers both blood pressure and cholesterol. Therefore, it is necessary to have fiber rich food in your diet. Basically, there are two varieties of fiber:
? Insoluble: For this, add wheat cereals, whole grains, and vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, celery, etc. to your diet.
? Soluble: Having food items such as beans, nuts, barley, oatmeal, and fruits (apples, citrus fruits, berries, and pears) increase the level of soluble fibers in your body.
3. Control portion size and weight: It has been found that the heart of an over weighing person needs to work harder, which further leads to high blood pressure. Hence, in order to maintain your blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart diseases, it is important to achieve a healthy body weight. For this, reduction in the portion sizes can benefit you significantly. Although, you need a professional guidance, yet to start with, the following tactics can help you to control your portion sizes:
? Diverse serving sizes- It incorporates serving a specific amount of food, i.e. with proper measurements. It can be in cups, ounces, spoons or pieces and it differs for every food item. For example, the recommended size for pasta is � cup and similarly, for meat, fish, or chicken, it is 2 to 3 ounces
? Beware of the restaurant food : Whenever you go outside to have something, you need to be more careful. The reason is that the portions served in the restaurants are generally more than anyone needs. So, if you want to go, make sure you order an appetizer rather than an entr�e, share the entr�e with your friend, or just get the leftover food for your next day meal.
Next time you want to eat something, just remember it is healthy diet, which offer better control over the quality and length of your life! If you need more tips to stay fit and healthy you can consult Dt. Madhu Sharma.
Top 10 ginger health benefits
Here are the top ginger health benefits proven by medical studies:
1. Stroke and heart disease
Two of the biggest killers on the planet may be kept at bay with regular ginger use, especially when eaten with other key superfoods. Garlic, ginger and onions all have an anti-blood-clotting ability, yet when they’re eaten together they’re a powerful mainstay against heart attacks and stroke!
2. Indigestion and nausea
Whether we’re talking about curing a simple tummy ache or severe morning sickness, ginger has been used for thousands of years as an effective digestive aid and natural remedy for nausea. Recently, taiwanese researchers discovered that three capsules (1.2 grams total) of ginger can actually help the stomach release its contents into the small intestines in people with dyspepsia — a condition in which 40 percent of patients suffer from abnormally delayed gastric emptying.
This is one reason why ginger helps people who are bloated, constipated and have other gastrointestinal disorders. It relaxes the smooth muscle in your gut lining and helps food move along throughout the system.
Key takeaway: eating whole ginger, drinking fresh ginger juice and inhaling diffused ginger essential oil are all highly effective ways to curb stomach disorders.
Proper food transport (and nutrient absorption) from the mouth out through your colon is the mainstay to health. If food gets stuck somewhere in between, it can ferment, rot or (even worse) cause obstruction, which is a life-threatening emergency.
Improper digestion can also cause improper assimilation of the nutrients in your food. Either way, both cause malabsorption, and your body suffers from nutrient deficiencies. This is why ginger is so important. Like we’ve seen above, it helps promote regular digestion and metabolism of your food and is largely responsible for promoting a strong immune system.
4. Compromised immunity and respiratory function
Ayurvedic medicine has praised ginger’s ability to boost the immune system before recorded history. It believes that because ginger is so effective at warming the body, it can help break down the accumulation of toxins in your organs. It’s also known to cleanse the lymphatic system, our body’s sewage system.
Dr. Oz says, “by opening up these lymphatic channels and keeping things clean, ginger prevents the accumulation of the toxins that make you susceptible to infections, especially in the respiratory system.” combining ginger oil and eucalyptus oil is an effective remedy to boost immunity and improve breathing.
5. Bacterial infections
The journal of microbiology and antimicrobials published a study in 2011 that tested just how effective ginger is in enhancing immune function. Comparing the ability of ginger to kill staphylococcus aureus and streptococcus pyogenes with conventional antibiotics, nigerian researchers discovered that the natural solution won every time!
The drugs — chloramphenicol, ampicillin and tetracycline — just couldn’t stand up to the antibacterial prowess of the ginger extract. This is important because these two bacteria are extremely common in hospitals and oftentimes cause complications to an already immune-compromised patient.
Key takeaway: if you ever need to go to the hospital for surgery or to visit a friend, make sure you bring some ginger essential oil with you and add a couple drops to your water. You’re less likely to get a dangerous staph infection, and it can help speed the healing process! other healing remedies that are effective against infections include oregano oil, clove oil and melaleuca oil.
6. Fungal infections
One of the trickier issues to control because they’re increasingly resistant to conventional medicine, fungal infections don’t stand a chance against ginger. Of the 29 plant species evaluated in a carleton university study, ginger won the prize for having the extract most effective at killing fungus.
Key takeaway: for a powerful antifungal punch, mix several drops of pure ginger essential oil with tea tree oil with one teaspoon of coconut oil, and apply up to three times a day.
7. Ulcers and gerd
Since the 1980s, researchers have known that ginger can cure stomach ulcers. More recently, indian scientists have been able to more closely quantify this medicinal effect. In a study published in the journal molecular nutrition and food research, they discovered the ginger was six to eight times more potent than prevacid, the drug of choice to treat gerd!
Ginger is known for its anti-pain property. Very similar to how capsaicin works to relieve pain, gingerol acts on vanilloid receptors, which are located on sensory nerve endings. Similar to the initial intense burning feel you get when you consume spicy pepper, ginger’s burn only lasts but a second, and researchers discovered that it “affects the pain pathways directly but also relieves the inflammation, which in itself causes pain.”
Working with mice without immune systems, university of minnesota scientists discovered that three weekly feedings of -gingerol delayed the growth of colorectal cancer cells. University of michigan researchers confirmed these results with ovarian cancer. In fact, they found that “ginger treatment of cultured ovarian cancer cells induced profound growth inhibition in all cell lines tested.”
Key takeaway: the executive director of the herbal medicine research and education centre, basil roufogalis, advised that, “the most likely way to administer ginger as a painkiller would be in the form of a tea taken several times a day, but more work needs to be done on the amount of ginger powder needed per dose to take effect, and the time required between doses.” for most people, taking 1,000 milligrams of powdered ginger root is effective — or two drops two times daily of ginger essential oil.
Gingerols are widely known to naturally improve diabetes and enhance insulin sensitivity. Building off this knowledge, a 2006 study out of the journal of agricultural and food chemistry discovered that they could also suppress sorbitol accumulation in human blood cells and sugar-fed rats. Simply put, ginger not only helps prevent and reverse diabetes itself — it protects against and improves diabetic complications like diabetic retinopathy!
What Foods to be taken and to be avoided during pregnancy. And remedies for vomiting. Is ice cream safer to eat?
Pregnancy conceive karne k liye period ka first day sahi h ya nahi agar nahi to kaun se din jyada chances hote h conceiving k liye.
I am 26 years old women, mujhe period time to time pe ata hai six months ho gayi hai mujhe koi pregnancy nahi hui hai, mujhe doctor ne kafi sare test likhe hai, kya mai kabhi mother ban sakti hoon.
My wife don't have any interest in sex. We often do it in a week or two. She have hormonal deficiency.
I am 24 yrs female. I fell down from steps during my periods. There is severe backpain from two months. Will it be remain same and will it effect my future.
I have done all the things wat d doc says like sonography IUI test n for hormones I hve check for so many times bt stil not conceived.
Pith type allergy in some part of body after delivered a baby. What would be the reason It has 2 month past of delivery.
Being a female is an icon of responsibility in many perspectives. The female figure shares a huge responsibility in the family (husband, kids, other members), society, self, workplace etc. Hence it becomes necessary that a woman must understand what all arrangements she needs to make herself comfortable during days when she is going for laparoscopic surgery and after surgery.
Normally admission in the hospital is done one day before the surgery. During the day of surgery, you can be discharged if your clinical condition is fine. Usually it takes, on an average, 2-3 days of hospital stay. U need to make arrangements at home for 2-3 days when you are absenting from your respective responsibilities.
Before you leave for hospital, for the surgery
- Make sure that you have informed your absence at a particular place (e.g. workplace, family etc) for specific time period.
- If you have got an insurance then you need to complete your paperwork for claiming benefits of surgery from the same.
- You should stop taking all medicines / diets which has got tendency to thin the blood e.g. vitamins, natural supplements, any analgesics that may contain aspirin (salicylic acid) or any blood thinner medicines. This might increase chances of blood loss during surgery. Usually your surgeon makes notice of all these issues but, if missed by any chance, then you need to inform your surgeon about these.
- You need to arrange someone who can accompany you on the day of the surgery and can help during your stay at hospital. This person must be someone with whom you are comfortable because he/she may have to help you go to the bathroom, get dressed, etc.
- Arrangements of meals should be made beforehand, at your home. You can buy or prepare several meals ahead of time since after surgery you will feel weak and will not have the energy to cook.
- You should do your house cleaning and laundry beforehand.
- You should select comfortable clothing for your convalescence.
- You should select underclothing made up of cotton or satin as these textures will be less irritating to the wound and will allow you to slip out of bed more easily.
- You should prepare the part of the house where you will recuperate after surgery during the first few days. You can arrange clean sheets, pillows, heating pad, analgesics, reading material, remote control, telephone, etc at your selected place so that you can manage things easily.
- You can buy some good magazines, arrange few movies so that you can keep yourself occupied during your convalescence.
What to pack
Mostly the hospitals provide almost every required consumable. Still you should prepare your hospital bag and should go over its contents with the person who will be accompanying you so that he/she knows what you packed and where you placed the items. Make sure to pack the following:
- Health insurance and hospital cards
- Sanitary napkins
- Mobile charger and earphones
- Reading material
- Lip balm
- Absorbent disposable tissue paper
Pre-operative appointment with Surgeon
- You should ask all your doubts regarding the laparoscopic surgical procedure e.g. what will be done in surgery? what all I shall expect after surgery? what kind of anaesthesia I shall be receiving?
- You should understand the instructions given to you by your surgeon e.g. when to reach hospital? Where to reach in the hospital? When to stop eating? etc.
- You should ask your surgeon whether he /she will be providing video recording / intra-operative pictures of your laparoscopic surgery.
The day before surgery
- You should not wear any makeup, hairspray, body lotion or deodorant.
- You should remove nail polish, jewellery and contact lenses.
- You should wear loose clothing such a dress without any elastic at the waist.
- You should wear an undergarment so that no fabric rubs against your navel after the procedure. Also, make sure your panties are loose /comfortable or a size larger than you usually wear as they will be more comfortable if your abdomen is swollen.
- You should wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off since it is uncomfortable while bending, after the procedure.
- When you arrive at the hospital, try to relax. Listening to soothing music / watching movie will help.
After the surgery
- Once you are getting discharged from the hospital you should arrange a transport vehicle which has minimum tendency to give bumps when on road. In the vehicle, recline the seat and place a pillow against your tummy to absorb the shock of bumps in the road.
- Once at home you should avoid sleeping in day time. You should can keep yourself occupied with reading magazine / watching movies / listening to music etc. It is advisable to have a sound sleep in the night.
- Your abdominal muscles are expected to be discomforting for the first few days. You should take medicines as advised.
- Hold a pillow against your stomach if you sneeze or cough to lessen the pain.
- Your shoulders might hurt the first few days. You should sit in a reclining position and place a heating pad on your shoulders. When you feel better, walk a little around the house.
- To get out of bed, roll onto your side and then gradually sit up using your arms for support. After sitting wait for a while and watch for any giddiness. Giddiness is expected for a short while and should vanish in few minutes. Once you are stable then slip your feet out of bed and then stand up. Again, wait for a while and watch for any giddiness. Once you are perfectly fine then you should start walking.
- Feel nauseous is common due to anesthetic medicines given during surgery or the medicines you might be receiving. To combat nausea, you can try few measures: rub a pad moistened with rubbing alcohol under your nose, lie down, breathe through the mouth, suck on a mint candy, eat dry crackers or drink ginger ale.
- Diet should be gradually upgraded. You should start with liquids, initially, and slowly moving up to solid food. The anaesthesia and analgesics can cause severe constipation after surgery. High fiber foods are recommended to prevent constipation (e.g pears, prunes, asparagus, carrots, whole-wheat bread etc).
- You should drink at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water per day. Water intake helps in preventing constipation and helps in eliminating traces of the anaesthesia.
- After the laparoscopic surgery wearing tampons is avoided. As wearing tampon might obscure the significant bleeding.
- After the laparoscopic surgery intercourse / sexual activity is not prohibited till the surgeon recommends.
- You may shower 24 hours after the surgery. Try to avoid contact of water with the stitches as this might delay healing of stitches.
- After few days of surgery, you can apply vitamin E to the incision if the scar looks normal (and there are no signs of infection). Vitamin E promotes healing.
- During recovery if you develop a fever, have difficulty urinating or experience heavy bleeding, contact your surgeon immediately or go to the hospital.
- When you return to work, wear loose clothing and avoid wearing synthetic undergarments, which will irritate your navel.
- It usually takes about a week to recover from a laparoscopy, a common and minimally invasive procedure. The secret to a speedy recovery is to take the necessary time and means to regain your energy.
My friend is newly married. He do not want a baby now but also do not want to use condom. Then how he used to do sex in a month and how to make prevention. His wife period date is 1st april.
What's sex? At a glance -
People define "sex" in different ways. It can include vaginal, oral, and anal sex, and other activities.
Vaginal, oral, and anal sex have more risks (like pregnancy or spreading STDs) than other sexual activities.
If you're going to have any kind of sex, it's important to make sure you (and your partner) both feel ready and are protecting yourselves against pregnancy and STDs.
People define "sex" in different ways. Some people believe that it only counts as sex if a penis goes into a vagina, but this isn't true for everybody. There are lots of different ideas about what sex can be:
Vaginal sex (penis-in-vagina intercourse)
Oral sex (mouth-to-genital contact)
Anal sex (penis-in-anus intercourse)
Dry humping or genital rubbing
Fingering or hand jobs (hand-to-genital contact)
Most sexperts like us believe "sex" includes any or all of the above.
However you define it, being sexual with another person takes a lot of responsibility. Before you have sex, think about what things you feel comfortable doing, and if there are consequences to them (like STDs or pregnancy). It's just as important to think about what you DON'T feel comfortable doing. And if you're in the middle of doing something that you thought you wanted to do, but change your mind, that's OK, too. You can stop any time you want to.
If you're going to have vaginal, oral, or anal sex, talk with your partner about how you'll protect yourselves against STDs.
If one of you has a penis and the other has a vagina, and you're having the kinds of sex that can cause pregnancy, it's also important to use birth control if you don't want to get pregnant.
Hi, I just want to confirm one thing how much time to get pregnant after stopping oral contraceptive pills Its already 2 months to stop and m not pregnant yet I hope there is no any kind of future problem in pregnancy.
Hi I was taking contraception tablet and I have stopped and I got bleeding for 15 days now doctor suggested me to take sysron and tablet for 5 days two tablet and 25 days one tablet. Now when I will get periods and will I get pregnant soon.
Ankles, feet and fingers often swell a little in pregnancy as your body is holding more water than usual.
Towards the end of the day, the extra water tends to gather in the lowest parts of the body, especially if the weather is hot or if you have been standing a lot. The gradual swelling isn't harmful to you or your baby, but it can be uncomfortable.
Avoiding and Easing Swollen ankles:
- Avoid standing for long periods
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Do the foot exercises
Foot Exercises During Pregnancy:
You can do foot exercises sitting or standing. They improve blood circulation, reduce swelling in the ankles, and prevent cramp in the calf muscles:
Bend and stretch your foot up and down 30 times
Rotate your foot in a circle eight times one way and eight times the other way
Repeat with the other foot
When swelling can be serious:
You should seek medical attention immediately if your face, feet or hands swell up suddenly. A pregnancy condition called pre-eclampsia can cause sudden swelling, although most women with swelling don't have pre-ecplampsia.
If it happens to you, consult a gynaecologist, or hospital immediately. If you do have pre-eclampsia, you'll need to be monitored carefully, as the condition can be serious for both you and your baby.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on 22nd and 23rd November and her periods just got over on 18th November and now we are scared that she might get pregnant. Please help me in knowing if she will really get pregnant and I had masturbated a night before having sex And her cycle is of 28 days If she is pregnant how to avoid it Please help.
How to improve your eating habits
You are what you eat, and this rings true for everyone. What you eat impacts your health the most, much more than any other thing. What you eat also depends on your environment and the people you share your life with. However, cultivating healthy eating habits does not require a lot of effort. Making small changes to your daily habits and lifestyle is the only way to improve your eating habits permanently- diets only provide temporary help.
Here are some changes to make to improve your eating habits:
- Incorporate more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into your diet while eliminating unhealthy foods.
- If you are working or studying away from home, try to pack healthy lunch and snacks for yourself to avoid eating unhealthy food daily.
- Don't eat straight from the packet - use a plate or bowl to control how much you eat.
- Don't delay or skip meals.
- Cut down your consumption of aerated drinks and sodas.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Drink water after waking up and before sleeping. Being dehydrated may make you feel like you're hungry, so it is important to stay hydrated.
- Have homemade fruit and vegetable juices
- Eat 5-6 small healthy meals every 2-3 hours, every day, instead of having a few big ones. This regulates your blood sugar level and your metabolism.
- Don't skip breakfast, instead, make it rich with complex carbohydrates and proteins, so it can provide you with energy to get through the day. Try to include the following as your morning breakfast, oats porridge, eggs on multigrain toast or daliya with sprouts.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners in processed foods.
- Eat slowly as it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register if you're full or not. Eating too fast leads to overeating, so chew slowly to digest your food better and control how much you eat.
- Use a smaller plate to control your portion sizes and avoid overeating.
- Know your cravings and do not snack when you're emotional. It is said that you crave crunchy and savory food when you're stressed, frustrated or lonely. Figure out what you crave and replace them with healthier alternatives.
- Do not eat mindlessly; concentrate on your food instead of watching tv or playing with your phone to avoid overeating.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits