Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S P YadavYour feedback matters!
My grand son entered into 5th month, we wish to feed him with nestum or cerelac or parex diet supplement apart from mother milk, amulspray botle feeding as the milk feeding is not sufficient. If permitted, how to prepare the food supplement and how many times may we feed him with qty.
My child baby age 6 month & her first tooth starting so she faced highly loose motion problem so please suggest me wht we do.
Hello sir 6 month baby have hydronephrosis in brth now d kidney size will increase due to not passing urine I done scan its shown (left pelvic ureteric junction obstruction) wht should I do for it please suggest doctor.
Hi, M asking about my small baby boy he is 7 month old. He is crying too much as compare to daily .since last 1 week. Before that he was normal play and laughing but since last week he cry too much and not playing as before. He doing watery potty also. What was been happened. please suggest me any thing. Few old ppls told me teeth are coming in this age so he is crying. Can you please tell me is it right what should I do. I just giving him pinco gripe water. Nothing else and breastfeeding, biscuits little more.
Hi all, My 8th months baby boy got CPR result Positive which is 48 mg/dl. And advised by doctor some anti biotic. For 5 days. Can you pls suggest me ,is it better admit hm in hospital immediately or we have to wait for 5 days after using medicines? Pls suggest me btr one. Pls pls.
Drink plenty of water, ors, coconut water or similar other health drink to combat this scorching heat. Babies less than six month should be on mothers milk only.
My baby is 1 year now. Baby boy. He is teething. Started eating basic food- khichdi, roti, dahi, paneer, dal, egg etc. At times will only take milk and biscuits or some fruits. Takes coconut water. 1) whats the ideal diet for a 1 years old , in terms of quantity and 2) what all should be included in the diet 3) calcium an iron should be continued for how long? 4) spices and salt can be introduced now? 5) can give honey?
My 5 month old baby suffering from running nose and cough while she is also on medicine for dysentery is WALAMYCIN and ENTEROGERMINA what can I do for her cough and running nose.
Our kid one year five month old boy might have bug or worm in his stomach because we watched him scratching his butt and always putting his hand in stomach. And he has fever around 103.2 f. Kindly advise.
Mera baby 1 month 10 days ka h .mai ise kaun sa milk pila sakti hu kyu mjhe jada milk ni hota mere baby ko jaundice v ho gya hai. Av mai ise cow ka milk thoda pani mila kar pilati hu.
Hi sir I take my child MPS urine test. Y is test taking pls tel me. But daughter enlarged adenoids problem so nose complete block. Continue cold and always continue in nose water coming. I take lots of treatment but no solution. Pls help.
My health is not good I am suffering from it from long time My health is not increases what can I do for this.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.