Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.M Shirodkar
Submit a review for Dr. S.M ShirodkarYour feedback matters!
My mom is 65 years old, she is getting vomited many times, but she is refusing to go to hospital and not eating food and water also (little). Any other ways to control this vomits.
Shampooing is a no-brainer activity that most people do not pay much attention to. Usually, a quick wash in the morning is all that people do to keep their hair and scalp clean. But did you know you can end up with dirtier hair than before if you don't wash off the shampoo properly?
Improper washing of hair post-shampooing can lead to the build up of shampoo residue in your hair, which only adds to the dirt you try to clean by shampooing. Also, excessive build-up of product residue causes hair and scalp irritation and even impedes hair growth.
How do you know if you have shampoo residue in your hair? Here's how:
- You hair appears dull, dry and dirty despite being freshly washed
- It feels as though there is a layer of heavy coating on the hair mass
- You hair feels flat as though there has been a loss of volume
- Styling of hair becomes difficult and time-consuming
The signs of shampoo residue build-up closely resemble that of hair damage. In order to prevent it, thorough rinsing is of utmost importance. In fact, rinsing your hair for a minimum of two minutes post-shampoo is strongly advised in order prevent build-up. Also, using a clarifying shampoo regularly clears residue out of the hair and unnecessarily over-applying the product should always be avoided.
Cleanse your hair once a week to keep it fresh and healthy and use a good shampoo with a formula that is suited to your hair.
I am having problem with knee from past 2 years and I have consulted many doctors and I also have problem of hair loss.
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.