Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S. KrishnkumarYour feedback matters!
Here is a list of problems that can arise due to sedentary living.
1) lower back problems - you should always remember to keep your back straight while sitting for long time periods with arms bent at right angles and flat feet. A slouched back can result in herniated lumbar disks and stiff psoas muscles.
2) decreased brain function - sitting at one place for a long time without breaks adversely affects the performance of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (or bdnf), a process which is responsible for the discharge of protective genes and mood-enhancing chemicals by pumping fresh blood and oxygen to the brain. This in turn results in a foggy brain which leads to reduced concentration levels, forgetfulness and confusion.
3) blood clots - it has been proven that sitting at a desk or couch for a long time period can lead to severe deep vein thrombosis (dvt). Obese people are all the more vulnerable to the threatening condition which occurs as a result of reduced blood circulation.
4) chronic organ diseases - a sedentary lifestyle greatly reduces the fat burning capacity of the body and decreases blood flow; heightening the risk of fatty liver disease, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments, digestive problems and clogged arteries.
5) misalignment of the skeleton - when you sit at your desk for long hours, your posture is bound to suffer as you tend to slouch with humped shoulders and a craned neck. This eventually leads to permanent misalignment and repetitive stress injuries.
6) muscular degeneration - the less you use your muscles, the faster they degenerate. Sitting around for too long greatly weakens your abdominal muscles, upper and lower spine, neck and shoulders.
If you have any further questions on how you can lead a healthier lifestyle, ask me by clicking on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Can I conceive naturally after practising fertility yoga. I am having secondary fertility and have taken clomid and HMG, HCG injections to induce ovulation, also tried 2 IUI's (but failed). My tubes are patent (not blocked, semen count is 120 million/ml with good motility. Rest reports are normal. Only problem is PCOS, and even after induction my body is taking more than 48 hours to release the egg. I want to know how soon can yoga give results, how many months it can take roughly.
I am getting my periods regularly, it has been 10 days and getting non-stop blood. What should I do?
Maine abhi 5 din pahle hi check kiya hai ki mai pregnant hu. Toh please mjhe ye btaye ki pregancy me sex kr skte h ya nahi. Please fast.
My period date was on 14 Dec but I didn't get periods yet. I want to get periods within 2 days for that which tablet should I take. I want to travel from 20 Dec to 24 Dec. So I want periods to come before that. I am not married.
I am a 34 yr old female married I had a miscarriage at 17 weeks and a preterm labour at 30 weeks. It has been more than a year and now I am having irregular periods. My period was due on 25 april but I am not having period till now. I did a gravindex which was neg what should I do?
With terminal illnesses like cancer, the disease is not the only thing that requires treatment. In addition to controlling the severity and spread of the main disease, the effect it has on the other body systems including emotional, social, psychological problems and also physical issues like pain and inflammation. Though the disease has reached an advanced stage and cannot be cured, the patient can be made to be pain-free and at peace to the extent possible.
The goal of palliative care is not to cure - in fact, palliative care is in place for diseases like cancer from the time it is diagnosed and treatment is begun but becomes the major component of treatment once the cancer is identified to be in terminal stages. Therapeutic care aimed at curing the cancer is gradually reduced and palliative care assumes a bigger role. This is also called as symptomatic care, supportive care, or comfort care.
Aspects of palliative care: Once the disease is identified to be in terminal stages, then the following become considerations:
- Stay at home or hospital
- Withdraw chemotherapy and radiation?
- Withdraw feeding tube
- Spiritual discussions
- Reduce anxiety
- Good quality time with the family
- Reduce pain and suffering
As is evident, there is a huge component of social/emotional/spiritual management in addition to reducing pain and suffering:
- Physical: Pain, fatigue, shortness of breath, sleeplessness, loss of appetite are some symptoms that need to be managed. In addition to pain killers, small exercises can be included to make them feel better, even if it is just getting a breath of fresh air.
- Social: Depression (learn the ways to handle depression), anxiety, uncertainty, fear are all looming large and they are not sure how to manage these feelings. Talking to a counselor or some close family member or friend can be a big relief - the burden is off their chest.
- Legal: There could be issues related to property, insurance, property that also need to be discussed. External help can be sought if required to provide financial counselling and legal advice.
- Spiritual: Looking into the spiritual needs and understanding the deeper meaning of life, restoring faith are some things that also can help them feel better. "Why did this happen to me?" is a question most people keep asking and while there is no answer, some solace can be provided through talks.
It is to be noted that palliative care is not just for the patient. The caretakers (family and close friends) are equally in need of some support. So, once the patient is identified to be in terminal stages, all effort is made so the final leg of the journey is peaceful and as painless as possible.
Marriage is believed to be a license for sex, there is always a partner available anytime, anywhere. Right? Maybe, in the initial stages, before the realities of marriage set in (that too provided you have the privacy and the household chores in order). With kids entering the scene, this scene changes completely. For both men and women, life changes drastically, and sex soon becomes a thing of the past.
While the woman undergoes a lot of physical changes and the new one becomes the centre of all her attention, the male is confused somewhere between frustration and loss of attention.
Suddenly, everything revolves around the new one, and somewhere, the physical intimacy between the couples is completely lost. Most couples resign to it as a way of life, a part of parenthood. Some get frustrated and may even look for sex outside marriage. Come to think of it, what created the child is taken away completely by the child.
However, the scene need not be as bad too. There are always ways and workarounds and taking out a couple of hours for the couple should not be a problem, if planned nicely.
Lost privacy: With the kid on the scene, the couple often loses privacy (of the house sometimes, of their bedroom for sure). This is also one of the main reasons for the loss of sex. Maybe, after a year (or earlier depending on a case-to-case basis), try to have a separate bedroom for the child. This not only gives you privacy but also can lead to a romantic night. So, growing a baby does not have to take you away from your partner!!
Planned dates: Ensure the kid (or kids) is taken care of. Get your close family or friends to babysit them and get yourself out of the environment physically. Being at home will make you constantly want to supervise if things are going well. Trust your babysitters, and they will be fine. Do this at least once a month (or more frequently if possible) to keep the romance alive.
Plan your day: With a newborn baby around (or for that matter, with a child around, whatever the age), there is never an end to the to-do list. Getting to bed very late completely drained does not allow for any physical intimacy between you and the partner. Once in a while, wind up a little early, leave some things for the next day and take some time out with the partner. Even some heartfelt talk would leave you feeling close and be a great way to end the day. Sex, for sure, demands some physical energy and reserve it!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
On what time is the safest time to do intercourse with my partner from her period, what i'm trying to say is, we don't want pregnancy now, but i'm not satisfy with condom, so which time is the correct time to do intercourse in between 1 period to another period time.
There are several herbal treatments available to help infertile couples and one such treatment is known as Ayurveda.
Ayurveda highlights the importance of a healthy body of the woman even before conception. Dried asparagus is used in the preparation of Ayurveda and it contains proteins, carbohydrates, natural steroids, and polysaccaroids. Infertile couples can use its tonic that revitalizes their reproductive system. This herb has proven extremely useful in the treatment of male side fertility problems i.e. premature ejaculation, impotence, lower sperm count, or less motile sperms. Visiting a reputable infertility clinic (link to sablok clinic goes here) will help you a lot.
Ayurveda is highly effective for female fertility problems and its regular use prepares a woman’s body for conception. Reproductive strength of the couple actually depends on the fitness of reproductive tissues in both man and woman. The woman releases her ovum as a result of her menstrual cycle while a man releases his semen (containing sperms) when his reproductive system receives stimulation from the environment. The reproductive cycle needs energy that the body gets from the digestion of food intake. As a result, when a person eats healthy food, he is likely to acquire a stronger body and powerful reproductive sperms, hence resulting in the production of healthy babies.
Ayurveda fertility treatment assumes the fertility to be the result of the transformation of sperm and egg and if there is any hindrance in the way, the process doesn’t occur. This process will not initiate unless it is rejuvenated by ensuring the health and strength of both egg and sperm. Ayurveda experts suggest that there are certain foods that strengthen the reproductive system better than others. These foods include milk, pomegranate, almonds, pumpkin, honey, and sesame seeds. Ayurveda also suggests a detoxification program that involves simple eating and a regular oil massage. The treatment emphasizes eating khichdi on daily basis as it considers it to be the best healing food. Besides khichdi, the patient should take spice tea to clear toxins in his or her body. Daily massage of sesame oil also helps in conception as it dilates the skin of the patient.
Ayurveda treatment specialists also recommend that the environment and preparation of making love and having sex is also important. It is necessary to set a background that contains an aromatic and romantic ambiance over a soothing and relaxing couch or bed. This union is very important in that two forces are going to merge together to produce a new life. Peace of mind is necessary to achieve success in the process. For more details you can contact us at our helpline number.
Water birth, as revolutionary as it might sound, is not a bad idea. Common in the European countries like Australia and New Zealand, many birth centres in the United States have also started installing water birth tubs. It is the process of giving birth in a warm water tub, which is said to ease the process. The logic behind this goes that since the baby stays in the mother's womb for nine months in a water sac, therefore, birthing in a similar environment is better for the baby and less complex. Many obstetricians believe that this also prevents any kind of foetal complications.
There are both benefits and risk of water birth. They are as follows:
Benefits of water birth:
Water labour and water birth has the following advantages for the mother and the baby.
For the mother:
- The warm water provides mobility and comfort to the mother. The mother is also at a spontaneous position in water to change her location and deliver the baby.
- Pressure on the abdomen is decreased. Buoyancy helps in the efficient contraction of the uterine walls and it improves blood circulation, which again gives better supply of oxygen to the uterine muscles. The baby is provided with sufficient amount of oxygen while the mother endures lesser pain.
- Birthing in water helps in conservation of energy on part of the mother. The immersion helps to reduce collision with gravity and gives support to the mother's weight. This energy produced helps in coping with the uterine muscle contractions.
- The process of labour becomes more productive as it gives relaxation to the mother. While the mother calms down in the water, her hormones start working better and in turn the process is accelerated. The water also helps in soothing the pelvic muscles.
- The immersion helps in lowering the level of blood pressure and in reducing anxiety.
- Stress is hugely reduced as the mother is at ease and this helps in producing endorphins that serve as pain inhibitors.
For the baby:
- The baby gets a similar environment as the amniotic sac which helps in the birthing process gets added support.
- The stress of birth is greatly reduced.
Risks of water birth:
- There remains a risk of water embolism that is when the water enters into the mother's bloodstream.
- If the mother has herpes, this practice should not be followed as herpes spreads in water faster.
- This should be avoided in case of excessive bleeding and any kind of maternal infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Actually partner's this month menses starts from 11th to 15July. We did intercourse on 19th July with safe, but not sure about the condom which I used whether it was leaked or not. So I got fear about this. Last 2 days she has a pain in her stomach. On 22July a white liquid with blood comes from her vagina. She is saying as usual It will come before and after periods. Is this a symptom of get pregnancy. Do she want to take any medicine, how to check, what are the symptoms for pregnancy. How to find the symptoms. Please help me to prevent from this. Thanks.
Hormonal changes in women increase sensitivity and may also lead to the occurrence of gingivitis.