Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mira Road East and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit R SinghYour feedback matters!
My name is priyanka and my age is 24 years. My question is my face skin is very looseness and anti aging problem. So please suggest me and give me effective and very good solution.
Hello sir, My face is getting black and hands are white what I have to do to get hands and face in same color.
Hi, I am Dr Sangeeta Amladi and I am going to talk to you about Pigmentation.
What is pigmentation and how does it occur?
Pigmentation is a term we used to describe the dark spots or patches or even general darkening of the skin. In the upper layer of the skin, there are certain cells which are called pigment cells and these produce a certain pigment called melanin. This is evenly distributed in the skin and gives colour that we normally possess. We can get darkening of the skin due to many factors, both external and internal at any time of our lives. Most common cause of external pigmentation is ultraviolet radiations. And one of the commonest cause is a hormone, especially in women. Any of these factors can increase the pigment cells in the skin or actually activate the cell to produce more melanin.
What are the common types of Pigmentation?
There are many common types of pigmentation;
- Age spots
- Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation etc
These often cause cosmetic problems and hence require treatment.
Freckles are the common response to sunlight. And you can see them as light brown spots on the face and the exposed parts of the body. They are often seen on the fair skin individuals and from very young ages. They can be effectively prevented by good sun screening habits.
Age spots, also called Lentigines are darker spots. And these are often seen as we grow older, over the age of 40
Melasma is a kind of pigment which shows up most commonly on cheeks in the form of brownish or the greyish brown patches which are sharply defined. They can also come up on the forehead or the chin. Two main factors causing melasma are the sunlight and the hormones. And it is more common in women. Very often, melasma occurs either during or post pregnancy.
Often we find pigmentation being left behind after we develop boils, other infections, eczemas, other allergies, injuries etc on the skin and this is something we called as Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation. It is left behind due to the inflammation that is left behind in the skin. There are certain perfumes, cosmetics and other allergens which can on their own leave dark patches on the skin and we call this pigmented contact om titis.
Another common cause of patchy pigmentation is ageing itself and this is because of the effect of ultraviolet radiations and sunlight on the skin. We often see the unevenness tone or little patchy dark spots and an alteration in texture so the skin gets a bit rougher. This we can prevent to a large extent through good sun screening habits which we should adopt at a very young age in life.
Last but not the least, the dark circles. These are the dark patches which we see under our eyes. The problem of dark circles is that they make us look dull and tired.
What is the right approach to treat pigmentation?
If you suffer from pigmentation, then you should be looking for comprehensive and holistic solutions to this problem. There are many different kinds of products, tropically prescribed medication, and chemical peels which when combined together can help us get rid of the superficial pigmentation. Ideally, it should be customized for you by your dermatologist after the detailed evaluation of your specific skin concern and then decide the best possible way to address it. If we need something deeper then there is a specific laser which called the Q switched andiac laser which is very safe and effective and specifically targets the Melanin in the skin without affecting the neighbouring areas and leaves the skin clear and flawless.
What are the everyday essentials to take care of your skin?
- The first mantra to really good skin care is to protect your skin using a sunscreen. You can use the sunscreen of SPF 15-30 or could be higher. However, the more important is how you apply it. A sunscreen must be applied to a thin film across the face and the exposed areas of the body and then left on for 15-20 minutes to settle it. If you tend to sweat a lot, you need to apply it after every 2-4 hours. And of course, you should apply a sunscreen when you are indoors because the ultraviolet radiations or even the visible light which is indoors can also affect your skin and cause pigmentation.
- A good cleansing regime is very important to keep your skin clean. Choose a cleanser which is formulated for your skin type dry, oily or normal. You can use this twice or thrice daily. If your skin is oily, you can use a toner for deeper cleansing.
- After cleansing your skin, you need to hydrate and this can be done using a moisturizer in the day time and sunscreen itself can be the moisturizer. At night, you can sue a night cream containing Vit- C and this will also help you to stay pigmentation free.
- A balanced diet, good sleep and exercise is very important in keeping your skin healthy. Incorporate foods in a diet which are rich in Vit- C and sun protecting agents like Beta Keratins and anti oxidants. For example red and orange fruits like carrot, tomatoes and other vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, spinach etc and omega rich foods such as fish
Relax- Destress-Fill your life with positive energy.
I work on computer and laptops like 7 hours a days, due to which I hav got dark circles, and my eyes pains a lot and they get red, the portion has moved in due to which I have started looking like i'm dizzy all the time. Please help me out.
I am 58 years old, I am suffering from Pigmentation on the Face, on Both Hands (White spots spreading very slowly) for a few years now. Tested many medicines but no use. Request for a medicine, solution to my problem.
The secret behind beautiful hair is having healthy hair. In order to have healthy and beautiful hair, you must take care of your hair on a regular basis.
The following are ten hair care tips that you should never ignore:
- Choose your hair care products according to your hair type. Avoid getting lured by advertisements. Take the responsibility of knowing your hair type oily, dry or straight. Knowing your hair type will help you to pick out the appropriate product suitable for your hair type.
- Do not forget to use a conditioner every time after you apply shampoo on your hair. Conditioner helps to lock the hair cuticles and prevents hair from shedding.
- Try massaging your hair and scalp with oil at regular intervals. Oil provides nourishment to your hair and can also reduce hair fall.
- Remember to make a visit to the salon for regular trimmings. That can help you to avoid split ends and can make your hair grow longer.
- You must make sure to use an appropriate comb for your hair so that your scalp is not affected in any way.
- Include foods in your diet, which are replete in vitamins like Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Also incorporate proteins; eating the right foods can help you get the hair you always wanted.
- Indulging yourself in regular exercises is also crucial in order to maintain good and healthy hair.
- Using vitamin E capsules and hair revitalizers occasionally can enhance your hair growth.
- Avoid using hair dryers as they may damage your hair if used from a close proximity.
- After every wash, let your hair dry naturally as it will reduce hair fall.
Following the aforesaid hair care tips can help you to have beautiful and long hair. Taking care of your hair in a proper manner can reduce your chances of developing hair problems also.
Hi. I am 47 years old female. After typhoid Twice 5 years bk I got butterfly patch (dark back pigmentation) on my face which looks very ugly. Tried many things. Any remedy for that in homeopathy or ayurveda.
I am 13 years old school boy can you please tell me how to maintain my face or healthy and glow? please tell total required products with explained with times. Which fruits I have to eat? What is the right time eat fruits for better result for skin? Which fruits or vegetables are necessary to eat. please tell me proper diet for fit and glow my face skin specially?
Sir I have so many white dots on my body and look very dirty so give me any natural medicine which do not havd any side effects.
I am 15 years old gir. Right from my childhood I suffer from dark circles. I have had may treatment regarding tjis. What should I do now?
Is radiance skin brightening complex useful to get fair skin As I want to get fair not only my face but also my whole body.
I have black patches on my face. Though my complexion is fair but those patches ruin my look completely. On my forehead and chick the marks r prominent. In darkness they become visible clearly. Give suggestion what to do. I m sick nd tired of these. I hv consulted with many dermatologists. But in vain. Results r zero.
I am 21 year old male and there are pores in my face. The intensity of pores is not much but still I would like to get rid off them before it gets worse. So what should I do? I am also having heavy dandruff. Please give me a remedy.
Use a particular face wash and your face is free of all dead cells. it's not so simple. To dissolve the dead cells, the protein in the cells must be broken down. The only effective ingredients to do the job are AHAs or Alpha Hydroxy Acids. This is why many skin exfoliating products contain AHAs.
Papain, which is found in Papaya has similar properties. Papaya is a safe and natural, plant-based alternative to chemical exfoliants. To remove dead cells, gently massage papaya pulp on your face for about 5-7 minutes. Rinse your face alternatively with warm and cold water. Remember not to overdo it though! Papaya is an acidic fruit, so don’t let the mask sit on your face for too long as it might cause dryness and skin irritation.