Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rohit Mahur
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit MahurYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year boy and I am graduate also I have problem. Of back pain so sir what should I do pleasegive me proper advise.
My Mom is 56 yrs. She has been complaining full body pain from past 2-3 months specially in shoulders, back, and legs (ankle and knee, once she sits it becomes very difficult for her to walk suddenly after that and she walks like old people. We had done full body check up like calcium and joint pains but everything seems gud according to report. please guide which test should be done and which doctor should I consider.
I am 20 year old girl taking valprol cr 500 for few years as per my doctors advice. I am having knee pain while walking up and down the stairs. I am having pain while bending my knees. It's been around 2 weeks that I am having this problem. Is this a serious problem?
Hello sir. I am suffering from back pain between the middle of the shoulders. I will take many pain killers but now results.
Sir am 23 years old am doing hand job for last 4 years now a I got back pain so please give a good suggestion.
Hello Doctor, I met with a fracture on my right humerus on Nov 30th 2016. I got operated with a plate and a screw. Now I have a titanium plate attached to my bone. I am a avid Gym freak and its been 2 months since I resumed working out. Now will I ever regain my strength back to normal and can I ever hit heavy weights. I want even know how much time does the bone take to completely heal back to the normal position and when do I start lifting heavy in the gym doctor? My protein intake is high and I have been having a 6 course meal a day. I am looking for a brief answer to all my questions. Hoping for a reply soon thanks.
I am 21 years old male I hav neck and shoulder pain for like 4 months nothing has change after I take pain killer tablet .can you suggest me something.
Knee pain is one of the most common and painful ailments that can limit mobility. Injuries can result in cartilage or meniscal tears or sprains too. Obesity is another reason because of which knee pain is on the rise. Also, regular wear and tear of ligaments and tendons around the knees due to old age is another cause. These days, with reduced physical activities and sedentary lifestyles, the rate at which knees are wearing out has also become accelerated. Whatever the reason, a correct diagnosis followed by prompt treatment can help. Over the years, physiotherapy has been playing an important role in treating knee injuries. Whether to supplement the various drugs to reduce pain and inflammation or to avoid surgery, physiotherapy has helped many and its popularity is growing every day. Here are some ways that physiotherapy can help reduce pain.
- Improve flexibility of tendons: The knee cap is an area where there are lot of tendons and ligaments, coordinating to enable movement. Careful exercising can ensure that the flexibility of tendons and ligaments is improved, thereby making your knee movement easier and less painful.
- Improves blood supply: As we all know, proper movement requires good blood supply. Exercising with special focus on the knee ensures that blood supply is improved, and thereby the supporting ligaments and tendons function optimally.
- Enhances the knee cap function: The knee cap is that portion which joins your thigh bone to your calf bones. This is prone to slip out of place, especially with arthritis and injuries. This can be painful and limit movement to a great degree. Focused exercises aimed at improving knee cap function will ensure that the knee cap has a wider range of function, and does not slip out of its socket easily.
- Reduce rigidity: Once you start physiotherapy, you will feel your knees getting more flexible. The rigidity that had set in as a result of injuries and/or old age will also reduce over a period of time.
- Slow down the wear and tear: When you start physiotherapy after knee damage, continuing the exercise routine, of course with expert guidance, can reduce the pace at which further damage might happen. A word of caution though. Be sure to consult an experienced physiotherapist before you begin. Exercising in a bad manner can do equal or more harm than the original injury or old age itself. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Knee replacement surgery- which is also known as knee arthroplasty, helps to relieve the pain in the knee thereby restoring the knee function. During this procedure, a surgeon cuts the damaged cartilage and bone from the kneecap, thighbone, and shinbone and replaces the same with an artificial joint comprising of high-grade plastics, alloys, and polymers. A patient/surgeon has the liberty to choose the type of knee joint he/she prefers based on factors such as weight, age, overall health etc.
Signs that might indicate a knee replacement surgery -
- The pain in the knee keeps coming back all the time.
- The knee aches after a brisk walk or during an ongoing exercise session.
- The mobility of a person has gradually decreased over time as compared to last few years.
- A supporting cane or medication isn’t delivering the desired support or pain relief.
- The knee tends to stiffen when a person sits for a long time. Example- witting through a movie or sitting in the car for too long proves to be a major hurdle.
- The pain proves to be a major problem that intervenes with sleep.
- The knee motion significantly decreases once a person tries to bend the knee.
- Climbing stairs turns out to be a major hurdle.
- Getting out of bathtubs becomes a major challenge.
- The knee becomes and stays stiff or at least half an hour after getting up from bed in the morning. If the stiffness lasts for more than 60 minutes, it is a sign of inflammatory disease.
How is a knee replacement surgery performed?
- Knee replacement surgery requires overnight stay in the hospital.
- It involves a general or spinal anesthesia.
- Once the skin over the surgical site is cleansed with an antiseptic, the doctor makes an incision and takes out the damaged surface of the knee joint.
- The knee joint is then resurfaced with a prosthesis made up of plastic and metal.
A cemented prosthesis is most commonly used during these days. The prosthesis contains 3 components:
- Tibial component
- Femoral component
- Patellar component
What are the advantages of knee replacement surgery?
- The biggest advantage of this surgery is the freedom from constant and throbbing pain.
- The fact that surgery can increase the mobility also proves to be a blessing for the general condition of the patient.
- Knee replacement also helps a patient to get rid of supporting device such as a cane, wheelchair, pain medications etc.
- The feeling of stiffness also goes away after the surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!